Are Minds Confined to Brains?

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Are Minds Confined to Brains?

Maybe he's got a life lately :)

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Shen Li

Blue Frost wrote:Maybe he's got a life lately :)
Gary Oak? UR kidding right? Maybe he does and I wish him well.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh:
I hope he's alright.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh:

Shen Li

Blue Frost wrote::laugh:
I hope he's alright.
Actually, he posted something on my forum this afternoon.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well that's good, at least he's alive, and hopefully well.
Shen Li

Blue Frost wrote:Well that's good, at least he's alive, and hopefully well.
Prolly busy working away.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I wish I could work, maybe soon if I can get a new doctor :)
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Expert on the scientific study of death, and near-death experiences, Dr. Sam Parnia, discussed how, contrary to popular belief, death is not a moment in time, but rather a process which can be interrupted well after it has begun. "What we can do now, essentially through medicine, is take people who have died and bring them back even many hours after they have died," he revealed. Parnia explained that although the heart may stop beating, leading to a death pronouncement, it can take up to 8 hours for the cells in the body to undergo their own demise. By slowing down that process, he said, it gives doctors more time to possibly solve the underlying cause of death. As an example, he detailed a case in Japan where a woman had been dead for 10 hours, was revived using advanced life saving techniques, and walked out of the hospital 3 weeks later on her own accord.

According to Parnia, these cases where patients return to life after being declared dead for hours give credence to the theory that consciousness continues onward after death. Based on his research on near-death experiencers, Parnia observed that their mindset, in its current state, appears to continue onward after the body has ceased to live. Rather than the popular concept that death leads to unlimited knowledge in the afterlife, he suggested that "people take their own level of thought to the other dimension." Therefore, Parnia posited that perhaps the purpose of life on Earth is to prepare us to better understand this next level when we arrive there.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Your not dead completely till you decay, and the energy in your mind is gone.
I suspect that keeping the body chilled will keep you longer so they can bring you back, just like a limb cut off can be re attached.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/09/healt ... index.html

There are too many near death experiences now for it to be denied now that we are bringing back so many coma and heart attack etc... patents
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

In the first half of Thursday's show, journalist and filmmaker Rich Martini shared revelations about the afterlife, as well as his extensive research uncovering the fate of Amelia Earhart. Known as the first female pilot to fly solo across the Atlantic in 1932, and for breaking various flying records, Earhart was a world famous figure when she disappeared during a flight in 1937 on her way to Howland Island, a tiny island in the Pacific. Through his interviews of various eyewitnesses, Martini concluded that Earhart and her co-pilot Fred Noonan safely landed on sand, but were captured and brought to the island of Saipan where they were imprisoned by the Japanese (who may have suspected they were spies). Just three weeks ago, Martini traveled to Saipan (now an unincorporated territory of the US), and said he filmed an interview with an 86-year-old woman, named Josephine Blanco Akiyama who reported seeing Earhart on the island in 1937. "I found at least 17 new eyewitnesses," Martini added. He believes that Earhart was executed by Japan after the US shelled Saipan in 1942.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Will We Ever Understand Consciousness?

Will We Ever Understand Consciousness?
Posted on June 1, 2013 by Soren Dreier
Author: Tanya Lewis

As you read this sentence, the millions of neurons in your brain are frantically whispering to each other, resulting in the experience of conscious awareness.

The nature of consciousness has intrigued philosophers and scientists for thousands of years. But can modern neuroscience ever hope to crack this mysterious phenomenon? At the World Science Festival, an annual celebration and exploration of science held here in New York, a panel of experts debated what scientists can and can
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

"As you read this sentence, the millions of neurons in your brain are frantically whispering to each other, resulting in the experience of conscious awareness."

That is why dreaming is another level of consciousness, but it's not reality.
A lot of people think it is reality sometimes when they see stuff, or confuse stuff.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Out Of Body Experiences- 3 Scientific Studies

I believe that that woman actually did leave her body as she claimed and got the number correct just as she said.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/880818- ... ext-steps/
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Near Death Experiences-30 Years Of Research

Now this is very interesting. I have wondered if a brain damaged person who out of body travelled would have their mental faculties back while out of body.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/606729- ... -part-1/3/
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Einstein had a very high IQ which probably explains his genius however this Akashic records may have been mentioned in the bible when in I believe in proverbs it’s written that knowledge is all around you. I read a book when I was a teenager A New Science Of Life by Rupert Sheldrake which also gave evidence that our minds may work like an antenna receiving knowledge.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Scientists reveal that quantum entanglement may explain the mind existing as a field separate from the brain. https://www.theepochtimes.com/scientist ... FPtg%3D%3D