Are Minds Confined to Brains?

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This is a topic that I believe I read about in the very fascinating book Forbidden Science. I read The New Science Of Live about 30 years ago by the author of this article Rupert Sheldrake. I had a very unusual experience when I was 20 where I may have been out of body. If I actually was then my mind was definately working.

October 31, 2012 | By admin | 5 Replies

Rupert Sheldrake
Waking Times

The following is reprinted from the book Science Set Free by Rupert Sheldrake. Copyright

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Are Minds Confined to Brains?

The ancient Egyptians thought that thought was from the heart, and I guess some of them do .
I have learned that every part of our body has a memory, and maybe it also goes much deeper into feeling bonded with our surroundings.
Might sound crazy, but being one with things isn't a new thought.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have read about people who have had transplants and then they suddenly have new habits and interests. This seems to be another topic of forbidden science
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yes I have read, and seen that also, new cravings, and feelings also then to find out the person with the organs had the same.
Think about it though, our body craves things like salt, sugars, and minerals, that organ being transferred would want the same, and need the same.
And habits like ways you move ling in a hand or foot transplant, the body's natural memory comes in.
My therapies for my back, and neck I learned that myofascial tissue can remember your whole life any trauma it has encountered.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

On out-of-body experiences

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... xperiences

If one reads the Holographic Universe it is documents just how common out of body experiences are. They actually are very common. I may have had at least one myself and I have talked to many who have also. When one is out of body ones mind is still working. One question that I wonder is if someones physical brain is damaged and he somehow ends up out of body will his "souls" mind also be damaged ? I suspect that answer might be no. With the vast number of people who experience this phenomena I suspect that there must be at least a few who fit this criteria. I also would like to remind readers that Tibetan lamas can out of body travel at will
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

This might go here

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

A friend of mine in his late sixties had sleep paralysis for the second time last night . His story is unusual. He was being transported in standing position down this hallways about about 5 -6 seconds at about 5 times walking speed,. He was incapable of slowing down,turning, I don't believe he saw any spirits but I will have to ask him. The walls were dark and the hall was about twenty feet wide.. At the end of the hall there were at least two white curtains, he didn't want to go there. He is a buddhist and doesn't believe in anything in the bible by the way. If he was out of body which he believes he was then as I mentioned that his mind was still clear outside of his body.
this is just a story that didn't make the 6:00 o'clock news
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

More buddhists can do this than christians.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

From what my friend tells me even the lower level ones like him can out of body travel. This experience however was new to him. He didn't want to go beyond the white curtains. Was he on the path the hell ?
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

It wasn't the path to hell. He was about to step into another realm where higher beings roam.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

How can you be so sure ?
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

How can you be so sure ?
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Climate Change, Near Death Experiences, & Alaskan Pyramid:

On Thursday's show, investigative reporter Linda Moulton Howe discussed how global warming and climate change pose a serious threat to national security, the extraordinary near-death experience (NDE) of Dr. Eben Alexander, and an update on the alleged underground 'dark pyramid' in Alaska.

According to a CIA-commissioned study, climate change poses a threat to America's national security. She spoke with one of the authors of the study, Prof. John Steinbruner from the University of Maryland, who told her that "climate extremes are going to be more frequent and Hurricane Sandy is an example of what that could mean. We're also saying it could get a whole lot worse than that." As global warming becomes a dominant factor in the coming years, millions of people may have to relocate from coastal cities, particularly on the East Coast. The US government is not adequately prepared, and needs to invest in better preparation and relief, "and if we don't do it, we're looking at devastating damage down the line," Steinbruner commented.

In her update on the alleged underground Alaskan pyramid (which she reported on in the 7/26/12 and 9/27/12 shows), Linda shared new new information about a little-known 4,500-foot-airstrip (Farewell Base) that was built and used by the U. S. government from World War II until the 1970s. This base was located not far from the "square" area near Mount McKinley, she'd been investigating as a possible location for the pyramid. She enlisted an aerial photographer to fly in a helicopter over the "green square" area but his photographs did not reproduce the square outline originally indicated on a Google map, which may have been due to seasonal flora variations in the area. She also interviewed an Alaska Airlines pilot about his observations flying over Farewell Air Base.

Over two-segments, Linda presented her interview with neurosurgeon Dr. Eben Alexander, who offered analysis regarding certain aspects of his NDE. He discovered that the mysterious angelic being leading him from the butterfly wing to the 'Core of All There Is' matched a photo of a blood sister whom he had never known nor seen in a photo until after his NDE (Alexander had been adopted as a young infant, and had later reached out to his biological family). He related his experience inside the "divine field" to the concept of frequency. "I think the entire higher dimensional multiverse is all about frequency and ratios between dimensions," he commented. He also spoke about his experience of the oneness and all-knowing at the foundation of the Core, as well as seeing a kind of "yin/yang" symbol that represents a duality that emerges. As to why evil is a part of our world, he suggested that Earth is a "soul school," and that evil plays a role in the soul's evolution and graduation to higher levels.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Near Life Experiences':

The man known as "the Voice of Uncommon Sense," producer John St. Augustine discussed the amazing coincidences and synchronicities that have happened in his career and life including two NDEs, and the spiritual events which paved the way for his life-saving kidney donation to his daughter. His first NDE occurred at age 19 when he suffered a severe electrical shock. He had a view from outside himself, and was brought back to life with CPR given by a medic who coincidentally happened to be at his location. Later during his recovery from severe burns, he learned the lesson that you have to take ownership of your pain in order to heal.

By the time he had his second NDE, 8 years later, when he was severely injured in a car accident, he began to refer to it as a Near Life Experience, because of the profound life changes it brought him. He also shared some unusual experiences & synchronicities regarding the late singer John Denver, whom he befriended. After Denver's death, St. Augustine had a series of dreams related to the singer's guitars being misplaced, which he later confirmed as fact when he spoke with the Denver's manager.

St. Augustine detailed his involvement with Native American elders, and his experiences at sweat lodges, which allowed him to access deeper parts of himself, as well as visions. One of these, was to embark on a 1,000 mile walk from Upper Michigan to Chicago and back, which he did in 1996. During the walk, he heard a voice "like orders from headquarters," saying: "John, go on the radio." This was what inspired him to approach various radio stations, eventually landing a gig at a CBS affiliate. He also shared the events preceding his kidney donation to his daughter, which included a visitation from a figure he called "The Jesus Man," while he was in a sweat lodge.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

nergy Healing:

In the latter half, hypnotherapist Dr. Bruce Goldberg talked about soul or energy healing through hypnosis, time travelers, and how we can safely travel to and return from the fifth dimension for our own spiritual growth and healing. The 5th dimension can only be accessed through hypnosis or an altered state of consciousness, he noted. "When I discuss healing, I'm talking about training or introducing the patients' subconscious mind to their higher self or superconscious mind," which is actually a 5th-dimensional experience," he said. The soul healing process is largely about shifting one's perspective in a life-changing way-- "when we love ourselves enough, negative energy patterns will dissipate and the body will actually heal itself," he continued.

Soul healing can be a useful tool in eliminating such conditions as depression, migraines, and insomnia, as well as for pain control, and life extension, he remarked. Goldberg also shared what he considers as possible evidence for the existence of time travelers, including a 1940 photo that appears to include a 1970s hipster, an "astronaut" carved on a pillar in Salamanca Cathedral in Spain (though some suggest the astronaut was added during a 1992 restoration), and an anomalous carving of a stegosaur on an ancient Cambodian temple (see related images). Time travelers could have carried a hologram of the dinosaur and showed it to the Cambodian artist, he explained.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Those are interesting articles. I don't know if it's all correct but I don't know if it's not either. My friend who has been a Tibetan buddhist for a long time has done quite a bit of out of body travelling. This latest episode going down the hallway was something that he has never experienced before. He mentioned that he still has his sense of humour as he mentioned that he thought to himself while he was gliding down the hallway standing upright something about moving like Dracula does in the movie. We are going for a beer after I get off the computer and maybe I will be able to remember the exact thought he had at that time.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Would this beer be with the Tibetan buddhist or a Christian?
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I had a few beers with the buddhist
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

This kind of fits here as much as anyplace.
It's a sad video about a poor girl/woman that died because of ignorance.
I put Exorcism as a satanic act, with this woman's death they murdered her very cruelly.
[video][/video]
Shen Li

Where is Gary Oak these days? He's not posting on my forum lately either.