News

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

Good grief, so many is just loosing their jobs to make the books look good for a spell is all.
Fat cats get bigger.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Dagon
"VIP Member"
"VIP Member"

News

LOL, is it me... or did the world got more grotesque today?

1. The Eurozone's solutions for financial crisis are the merger of banks & the permanent bailout fund (!!! - sorry, I still cannot f-ing believe what I'm reading!)

2. The only discussed solution for Greece possible leave is to entangle all European Nations' economies to the point that any further leaving will be impossible in the future (no matter what). I'm really curious to watch the results of this..!

3. The Spain's solutions are: the merger of the failing "Too Big To Fail" banks to create a single "Too Big To Fail" Bank, public tax money bailouts & more bailouts!

4. And now this... President Barack Obama has caused an outcry in Poland after referring to a Nazi death camp as "Polish".
He made the remark at a ceremony in which he posthumously awarded Polish resistance fighter Jan Karski with the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18264036

To help anyone (without the basic grasp of WW2 history) to understand this -> all employers/employees in work/death camps were German. In each of those camps Poles were also murdered by hundreds of thousands. Nazis saw all Slavic nations as "already not an ape, but not quite a human either" - a good physical labor source and as a tool for social experiments. Also, every Pole caught ailing/hiding any Jewish person was automatically sentenced to go there. Polish underground has been sending reports about the camps to London for years, but for whatever reason, they were largly ignored...

Basically, Obama suggested an equivalent of: "Iraqis broke human rights torturing other nationals in their Abu Ghraib prison"... :facepalm:
sent from my desktop using a keyboard
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

Obama is an Idiot as much or more than George Bush, I would say more . Cant say much for those who believe or make excuses for him either.
It seems to me all the solutions is just making someone rich at our expense, the best thing is to have let it fall in 08.
Prolonging will just make it worse.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Registered Guest
"Mr. ICONIC"
"Mr. ICONIC"

News

... and Canadian dollar falling. $ 0.9711, early morning trading.
I don't concern myself, with other peoples thoughts. They can think what they want, and grind it around in their head. I always get a good nights rest. They however, are exhausted, thinking about me. My trade mark, :laugh: :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

Dagon
"VIP Member"
"VIP Member"

News

Collecting rainwater may be considered a privilege, not a right
By Brent Daggett

If you think you own the right to water that falls on your own property, you could be mistaken.

States such as Utah, Colorado and Washington (more on the various laws later) have had laws on the books limiting property owners from collecting the water falling on their own homes and land since officials say the rain belongs to someone else. In 2008, Mark Miller of Mark Miller Toyota in Utah, found out some startling information. In order to make his dealership more environmentally friendly, Miller began collecting rainwater on top of his building in cisterns in order to wash cars with it. However, state officials said without a valid water right, Miller could not legally divert rainwater.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

Great lake water is being sold to China as we speak, that's really messed up.
Dagon
"VIP Member"
"VIP Member"

News

LOL! You gotta love News1130 - they actually ask this in a form of the question as if in suggestion that one should spend a mass amount of time on such complex and unclear matter. Or maybe... should we let our much smarter representatives take care of this problem, so we won't have to trouble ourselves with that "torture of own thought". Oh, hey! Look - new iPad is coming out! And this model will be twice as shiny!

Should we be able to sue for civil rights violations?
Supreme Court of Canada to render decision Friday
Shane Bigham Jul 19, 2010 15:38:07 PM

OTTAWA (NEWS1130) - The Supreme Court of Canada's decision on whether people can sue for damages for civil rights violations will be released on Friday. Vancouver lawyer Cameron Ward sued after he was arrested and strip searched in 2002, and won $10,000 in damages from the city and the province. Police were concerned someone was preparing to throw a pie at then prime minister Jean Chretien during a visit to Vancouver, when Ward was apprehended.

The court's decision could impact police, and rules about searching suspects. Ward is well-known for taking on cases of police wrong-doing. His latest client is Yao Wei Wu, a resident of Vancouver who was beaten by police earlier this year.

"When they Violate US what recourse do we have at justice? other than suing for violations of civil rights. If something like this was repealed we would literally be living in a Police State."
Dagon
"VIP Member"
"VIP Member"

News

Say Goodbye to Voting Transparency!

Elections Canada wants to modernize voting process - the head of Elections Canada is looking into Internet voting as a convenient way to cast a ballot.

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - What do you think about voting online and finding out election results before the polls close in other regions? The head of Elections Canada says its time to change with the times and overhaul the entire voting process. Marc Mayrand adds the limited flexibility of the current Elections Act does not meet the evolving needs of voters. In a new report, he says he's been looking into Internet voting as a convenient way to cast a ballot.

The next federal election isn't until 2015, but Mayrand wants to test out the process in a by-election held in 2013. About 60 per cent of Canadians voted in the last federal election. The report says three factors stop people from voting: apathy, inconvenience, and administrative barriers. Mayrand also suggests the rise of social media makes it very difficult to enforce the ban on publishing results before the polls close across the country, and Ottawa needs to revoke the rule. A social media campaign held during the last federal election encouraged people to break the rule.

Voting online, with hackers having a field day, hardware breaking down, software glitches, voters unfamiliar with computers of any kind and in many cases having none? Online voting is a truly dumb idea...
- NO WAY

Security issues aside, you lose anonymity. That may not sound critical today in this country, but in other countries it can be a HUGE deal. I'll take the poling station every time.
- AnonymousCoward

Absolutely! We should put all our legislative powers in the hands of a dozen guys like Rupert Murdoch. What could happen?
- M. J. Adler

How about this... Get off your fat, lazy butt and vote. Any able bodied person in an urban centre that needs this is just plain lazy.
- Creeboy

Voting for a Gov is NOT a Facebook poll.
- Mark

I love the last comment!
Cheers.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

Dagon wrote:LOL! You gotta love News1130 - they actually ask this in a form of the question as if in suggestion that one should spend a mass amount of time on such complex and unclear matter. Or maybe... should we let our much smarter representatives take care of this problem, so we won't have to trouble ourselves with that "torture of own thought". Oh, hey! Look - new iPad is coming out! And this model will be twice as shiny!

Should we be able to sue for civil rights violations?
Supreme Court of Canada to render decision Friday
Shane Bigham Jul 19, 2010 15:38:07 PM

OTTAWA (NEWS1130) - The Supreme Court of Canada's decision on whether people can sue for damages for civil rights violations will be released on Friday. Vancouver lawyer Cameron Ward sued after he was arrested and strip searched in 2002, and won $10,000 in damages from the city and the province. Police were concerned someone was preparing to throw a pie at then prime minister Jean Chretien during a visit to Vancouver, when Ward was apprehended.

The court's decision could impact police, and rules about searching suspects. Ward is well-known for taking on cases of police wrong-doing. His latest client is Yao Wei Wu, a resident of Vancouver who was beaten by police earlier this year.

"When they Violate US what recourse do we have at justice? other than suing for violations of civil rights. If something like this was repealed we would literally be living in a Police State."
The media is useless anymore as well as most of TV in general . I quit watching anything related to news unless I look it up online, why waste my time with the trash.
It's all who did who, what someone is wearing, or something stupid . It's anything but whats important, and when it is they put a spin on it to twist peoples ideas of whats really going on.
Investigative reporting is almost dead.
Dagon
"VIP Member"
"VIP Member"

News

"Investigative reporting is almost dead"
The sad part you're pretty much right - I haven't seen anything even similar to Passionate Eye/This Is World...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

Mega media outlets have ruined the news, Ted Turner, George Soros, Rupert Murdock, and the likes putting their own politics in it.
Yeah Soros is into media also pushing his one world empire crap.
Dagon
"VIP Member"
"VIP Member"

News

Blue Frost wrote:Yeah Soros is into media also pushing his one world empire crap.
?! - do you know which network(s)?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

Media Matters is a top one, and it spreads out from there, and anything with GE ownership .
I wouldn't doubt CNN, and HLN is partly his .
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

George Soros owns $93 million worth of shares? of Time Warner,
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

He has vested interest in his cause, and he will buy anyone he can use including Obama, and any other leader .

Click to enlarge
Dagon
"VIP Member"
"VIP Member"

News

Ha! Boy learns everyday! Good to know - thanks!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

He's just pushing for more money, and power is all, and wants a one world government with the rich in charge.
Ryanissimo
"Piano Man"
"Piano Man"

News

You have a lot of bible thumpers in the U.S. :unsure:

Survey: Nearly half of Americans subscribe to creationist view of human origins

By Dan Merica, CNN

(CNN)
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

:pardon: Don't matter to me, there is more important issues in this failing country .
I actually thought when more people believed the country was a better richer place.