Photos From Long Ago

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Photos From Long Ago

Those glow worm caves really do look like a scene out of Avatar.

http://www.timetobreak.com/1419311/24-r ... e-exist/3/

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Pretty, I need some in my basement :) nice color.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I found this a bit sad, poor child didn't need to pay, none ever do.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

We have been at war for 15 years now and I believe that most people in North America have become accustomed to this war and it's really no big deal whatsoever however this isn't a real war. I believe a real war could actually happen and that would be entire cities going up in nuceur mushroom clouds and a complete breakdown of infrastructure, people starving with no home wandering trying to find a way to survive, etc...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I think most forget we are at war, and that's what the media, and puppeteers want.
I remember the Vietnam war, every night they named the dead for the day, and it hit home for most Americans. i think we lost a lot the last 30-40 years, things we wont get back without bloodshed.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

In the first video it was cool to see what it looked like to work in a mine. A coworker and I tried to get to a small ghost mining town up in a mountain a few months ago. It isn't a career for me but it does intrigue me a little. What a different world it was a hundred years ago. Has there ever been a hundred years that has changed so much ?

Pictured: Remarkable pictures of the last days of the Russian Empire before the revolution show a country of ancient traditions and colourful cultures

Sergey Prokudin-Gorsky was a chemist who pioneered the use of colour photography in Tsarist Russia
Between 1905 and 1915 Tsar Nicholas II paid him to travel the Russian Empire taking these stunning images
The images show prisoners of war, Jews, iron miners, Cossacks, loggers, convicts and Muslim minorities
Prokudin-Gorsky fled after the Russian Revolution in 1917, moved to Paris and died in exile there in 1944

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4Ujk1OzIF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tures.html
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Very nice photos, so sad that most likely a lot starved to death, or died in the soon to be wars.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

It is interesting to notice the many things that have stayed the same and many things that have changed. I notice there aren't any black people in any of the photos Segregation I suppose must have kept them out. Many of the men in their forties and fifties would have fought in world war 1. Many of the boys and girls who ran away to join the carnival must have been rebels much like today. It seems like I can feel a real positive energy there that may be lost now. It really appears beautiful in those days.

http://mashable.com/2017/04/16/rutland- ... 75LzOSRiqF

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

LOL, we are all freaks, and geeks. Some of that is quite the norm now :wacko:
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Can you imagine transgenders being shown as wierd creatures ? :rofl: This would offend the sensibilities of the feminists and Obamanations and they might get right self righteous and offended :pouting:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I like the dogs, and the home made clothing people usually would not catch in those photos. most people wouldn't know where to start making things now.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

i like seeing the old cars too. I think near everybody knew how to make the things they needed then.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yeah the cars brought back memories for me of when i was little, and went to the River with my family. The strange Blues, Greens, and then black cars are fresh in my mind as well as the people.
Gary Oaktree

Photos From Long Ago

This is cool, this this really a photo of Billy the Kid. He doesn't look like a happy fun likeable guy

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/fo ... ly-the-kid

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Photos From Long Ago

Here you go Gary
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Photos From Long Ago

When LIFE Magazine Received Pics Of Still-Unknown Marilyn Monroe, They Replied “WTH Is Marilyn Monroe”

http://www.boredpanda.com/marilyn-monro ... -ed-clark/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Photos From Long Ago

I was never a fan of hers, but some of her earlier photos she is pretty. Like Pam Anderson,before all the plastic, and makeup she was a pretty girl.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Photos From Long Ago

I have always been a big Marilyn Monroe fan. Her manner was so attractive.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Photos From Long Ago

Depressing manner ?
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Photos From Long Ago

Well being incredibly attractive she no doubt had a constant barrage of every type of shifty shafty sleazeape pulling every type of trick imagineable on her. Now that must have been depressing.