How Safe Is Seafood ?

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

How Safe Is Seafood ?

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/scientis ... 42586.html

Now if radiation has been pouring into the sea for a year and a half already from Japans Fukushima reactors then how safe is seafood ? How widespread is the radiation ?

Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Re: How Safe Is Seafood ?

I don't eat seafood. My Christian friend(I only have one Christian friend) cut seafood from his diet cause of the radiation fear.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Find some good locally farmed fish maybe, or eat the smaller fish that don't live as long.
The bigger ones are the danger, they eat the little ones, and it builds in their system like mercury does.
Where is is from also counts, the Atlantic fish don't have access to the pacific side .
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

GuardianFlash wrote:I don't eat seafood. My Christian friend(I only have one Christian friend) cut seafood from his diet cause of the radiation fear.
So I am not the only one worried about radiation in the fish we are eating. I just had Salmon today...oops :blush:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I had Rainbow trout :cool: goooood stuff usually.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

http://worldtruth.tv/the-horribly-mutat ... of-mexico/

I am worried about how safe seafood in the northern pacific due to nearly two years of Fukushima radiotion pouring into the sea but apparently the British Petroleum oil spill is having a devastating effect on the creatures in the Caribean too. Fish ,craps,shrimp etc... are being reported as having lesions,various mutations etc... and yet the shrimpers crabbers and fishermen are still going out and getting what they can. Eating these various seafoods puts us higher on the foodchain obviously and this cannot be healthy.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gary the smaller fish is usually more safe than the bigger longer lived ones. The bigger fish eat the smaller, and the toxic stuff builds up in them.
Now shell fish are usually a bit dirty anyhow, they are bottom feeders, and filter feeders eating nasty stuff anyhow.

Oh a note on mercury in fish, fish usually has Selenium in it so it helps to wash out some of the mercury.
People need about 55 mcg of selenium a day I believe, some more or less for their size.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

http://www.bellona.org/articles/article ... eals_dumps

The Arctic Ocean may also soon be seriously radioactive. I may have to soon stop eating fish and chips
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Just sick what the world governments have left us with. it's bad enough the seas have been used for waste for centuries, but things like that is just a bit uncalled for since it don't go away for like 10000 years.
there is safer places they could have dumped the stuff, there is vast waste in Russia with little life to be killed.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

900 Mile Radioactive Frong Heading Towards North America

http://enenews.com/graphic-900-mile-lon ... ss-pacific

When these radioactive water reach our shores will we still have a pacific seafood industry ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I just had salmon steaks, hope they was alright.
It's sad the waste in the oceans we put there, Fukashema isn't the first if you count in underwater testing, and dumping of nuclear waste.
It's bad enough with the mercury we pump out from power plants, now we have radioactive fish.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

You know maybe this radiation stuff in Japan was no accident. Japanese live very long. Maybe this was another way of preventing people from living long healthy lives. Just like how aids was released to control the third world population.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Good thing is seaweed is good for getting it from your system, but it taste bland. :)
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I think it's overdue for me to swear off seafood even as much as I like seafood

http://www.naturalblaze.com/2013/11/you ... -sick.html
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well at least research where it's from, maybe go to river, or lake fish :)
genocide088

norweigan farmed salmon about the worst thing you could ever put in your mouth

when you understand how its made. mass farming and many nasty things about it

did see some documentarites about this food you should never eat

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Farm raised animals are usually poisoned with disturbing things, even vegetables are poisoned.
All we can do is try to find safer things, and not buy that stuff
Vietnam fish was called out in the market here 25 years ago, they feed them crap, and other nasty stuff.

Free range animals might not get as big sometimes, but they are usually healthy, and not as likely to get sicknesses like caged animals.
Wild animals are not as sickly as farm raised ones in close environments, look at horses, wild horses can take a lot more injury, and not die like ones in a stable.

You can't even trust when Salmon is called wild caught anymore.