Cryptozoological Monsters

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Cryptozoological Monsters

What is this huge deep sea shark ? It’s not a Greenland shark as it has healthy looking eyes and it isn’t a great white so what is it ? Is it new to science ?

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Bluntnose Sixgill Shark

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I don’t believe that the 6 gilled shark gets nearly as
massive as the shark in that video.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

18 feet plus is a huge fish Gary, that's the size of a large truck, and it has six gills.
You also do not have a good perspective in size in that video, and the closeups likely makes it look bigger than it is.
I may be wrong, but I think it's a Bluntnose shark.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Eighteen feet is big. They never mentioned the shark species and as it is a deep sea shark it may still be new to science.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here’s a 31 second clip of a canine that may be the supposedly extinct Japanese wolf.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I don't think that is a wolf, I I hope they are still around.
The tail is really long on that animal :think:
They went extinct because of Western Ideas, they where killed off when cattle where introduced.
They also had a bad rabies outbreak in the 17th, or 18th century I forget, where many where killed off.
It's really sad since Wolves where deified, and even worshiped at temples for being good animals that helped the farmers.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

It is about the right size and it doesn’t have dog ears. This canine also is very skittish about stealing the food. I do hope that it is one. The tail doesn’t however look wolffish. Perhaps it has mange. Their DNA is the same as other wolves even though they are the smallest wolf subspecies.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Apparently the Newfoundland wolf which was thought to be extinct for about a hundred years has been found to still be thriving in Newfoundland. https://www.whalehouse.ca/blog/the-newf ... f-is-back/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:( no photos, just prints, might not be the same wolves.
Are they any different than other wolves in the region, and are they just new arrivals from outside ?
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

It turns out that both wolves DNA tested as being the closely related Labrador wolf, Labrador being across the water from the island of Newfoundland. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newfoundland_wolf
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I expected it to be from elsewhere, it's rare one comes back from extinction.
The genetic mackup of the Labrador wold can change over time if in a new area so maybe it will evolve into the Newfoundland once again.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Newfoundland is quite North so perhaps they could have arrived via iceberg. I was hopeful that if they had managed to remain mostly unseen for a hundred years then this would have given me more hope that other creatures like the Tasmanian tiger and the Japanese wolf are still alive.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well the new wolf will become the old wolf in time I hope, and pick up where the last one left off.
In time it will pick up ways of the old ones, and characteristics.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The Japanese wolf was about the size of a coyote and perhaps a bit smaller. If my memory serves serves me correctly I believe that I read or heard that their DNA however is definitely a wolf’s DNA. This thirty second clip likely is of one.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

You already posted that Gary, but this video tells about it some.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I am still optimistic that the Japanese wolf still exists. I think that I may have watched this video years ago or at least definitely watched one similar to it on the Japanese wolf.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I hope it does, I would love some good footage of it up close, and in the wild.
I doubt it is still around myself, but lets do hope.
The legends of the wolf are really cool, the fox as well, and other animals in Japan.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

On the Magnificent Japan thread I recently posted short video showing ten unique a animal species that only live in Japan. The Japanese are so unique themselves. They really look after their wildlife now. I am a lot more optimistic that the Japanese wolf may still exist due to one photographer’s photos some years ago and the reports of their howling.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

These Irish skeletons are even smaller than the hobbit skeletons of Indonesia. Perhaps these small people are what started the legends of the leprechauns. https://helenastales.weebly.com/blogue/ ... in-ireland