Cryptozoological Monsters

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Cryptozoological Monsters

Odinson wrote: December 1st, 2020, 6:35 pm
Renee wrote: November 10th, 2020, 1:21 pm
Odinson wrote: November 7th, 2020, 12:37 am I wonder how a hawk or bald eagle sees the world..

We have very limited vision and hearing.
I always knew that you skunk apes had limited eyesight. That explains why you think fat chicks are hot... :laugh:

Actually I'm more concerned about your olfactory senses. If you could only smell yourself, you might actually take a bath.
I have pretty good eyesight.

I can spot a human far beyond the maximum firing range of a Leopard 2 tank... Abrams has the same maximum firing range.

But I cant see a mouse while flying high up in the sky. :teehe:
Yeah, yeah, I'm happy for you, ... But what about the smell?

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The thought extinct Himalayan Serow has been caught on camera. I’d never heard of this Himalayan Serow but I am happy that it is not extinct. It is a beautiful antelope/goat. https://www.indiatimes.com/news/india/h ... iCG05vMImg
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 10:47 am
Odinson wrote: December 1st, 2020, 6:35 pm
Renee wrote: November 10th, 2020, 1:21 pm
Odinson wrote: November 7th, 2020, 12:37 am I wonder how a hawk or bald eagle sees the world..

We have very limited vision and hearing.
I always knew that you skunk apes had limited eyesight. That explains why you think fat chicks are hot... :laugh:

Actually I'm more concerned about your olfactory senses. If you could only smell yourself, you might actually take a bath.
I have pretty good eyesight.

I can spot a human far beyond the maximum firing range of a Leopard 2 tank... Abrams has the same maximum firing range.

But I cant see a mouse while flying high up in the sky. :teehe:
Yeah, yeah, I'm happy for you, ... But what about the smell?
My house smells like fresh, clean clothes right out of the dryer.

You know, when you return the keys of your rental apartment... Everything has to be squeeky clean or the landlord orders a cleaning service and makes you pay for it.

My house is now like that... Thoroughly scrubbed.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I so hope that the Tasmanian Tiger has survived.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Interesting I hope it is one, but maybe it's a poor dog with mange, and starving.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

That is a possibility but in these videos these dogs do have a long kangaroo like tail. I suspect that it may be a not yet discovered marsupial species as the Tasmanian tiger wasn’t so impossible to find.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 11:05 pm Interesting I hope it is one, but maybe it's a poor dog with mange, and starving.
I don't think it's a dog...The tail gives it away.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It don't have that butt like a marsupial does so I'm thinking dog, dogs out, and on edge will have a still tail like that.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

That tail does seem to me to look a lot stiffer than a dogs tail a more like a kangaroos tail. This could be wishful thinking as I really want the Tasmanian tiger to still exist. The tail however is quite pink making me wonder if it wasn’t photoshopped.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Blue Frost wrote: December 24th, 2020, 4:10 am I just took a screenshot, and enlarged it, it's a fox in my opinion :facepalm:
Like I mentioned the butt isn't marsupial, not at all.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

The back legs are different..

Are they called hocks?

Tasmanian tigers hocks are a lot shorter than that.

I´ve been looking at the characteristics of the Tasmanian tiger and at that range, you could tell if its a Tasmanian tiger immediately.

Its quite big... Over 6 foot long with the tail.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

I bet the tasmanian tiger moves like a tiger... Thats why its called the tasmanian tiger.

Tigers have short hocks as well.

Its gonna move like a lazy ass tiger while idle.

And when it runs, its more like hoppity hop and not skipping. :teehe:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: December 24th, 2020, 9:04 am I bet the tasmanian tiger moves like a tiger... Thats why its called the tasmanian tiger.

It's real name is "thylacine". Locals nicknamed it "tiger" because of it's markings. They have distinct stripes on their lower back. It was also known as the "Tasmanian Wolf" in some parts as well...The thylacine most likely earned those names because they were the closest thing Tasmania and Australia had to an apex predator before the dingo took over. Although there is some controversy in just how predatory it actually was. The jury is still out on just how big the prey was it typically hunted. Some say it could handle large prey, like big kangaroos other say it was a small animal hunter. Also the style of hunting is in dispute. Some say it was a pursuit hunter like a wolf others say it hunted from ambush.

Most likely it would have moved more dog like rather than cat like. Probably closer to a canid, like a coyote or a large fox...From what we know they were probably social animals and probably lived and hunted in family groups like wild dogs.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: December 24th, 2020, 10:37 am
Odinson wrote: December 24th, 2020, 9:04 am I bet the tasmanian tiger moves like a tiger... Thats why its called the tasmanian tiger.

It's real name is "thylacine". Locals nicknamed it "tiger" because of it's markings. They have distinct stripes on their lower back. It was also known as the "Tasmanian Wolf" in some parts as well...The thylacine most likely earned those names because they were the closest thing Tasmania and Australia had to an apex predator before the dingo took over. Although there is some controversy in just how predatory it actually was. The jury is still out on just how big the prey was it typically hunted. Some say it could handle large prey, like big kangaroos other say it was a small animal hunter. Also the style of hunting is in dispute. Some say it was a pursuit hunter like a wolf others say it hunted from ambush.

Most likely it would have moved more dog like rather than cat like. Probably closer to a canid, like a coyote or a large fox...From what we know they were probably social animals and probably lived and hunted in family groups like wild dogs.
Our name for it "bag-wolf" or the tasmanian wolf.

Yeah they probably named it the tasmanian tiger because of the stripes. :teehe:

But it also has the profile of a tiger..
Long torso but relatively short legs.

Sort of a bootleg tiger. :teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Might be one of those trick pictures, it could be a duck :spit:
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I’ve watched a video of a Tasmanian tiger and the rear area of their bodies is quite longer and different from the animal in this video.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

i always thought that they looked constipated, and couldn't poop all the time like most marsupials. :laugh:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: December 25th, 2020, 1:43 pm i always thought that they looked constipated, and couldn't poop all the time like most marsupials. :laugh:
Constipated???... :laugh:

Ever wonder how the very young marsupials take a dump? Do they just shit in the pouch or do they hang their little asses over the edge of the flap?... :think:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I believe they do hang over the pouch, and sometimes fall out doing it, but I forget if that's right, or not.
I think I saw it on a program once about kangaroos.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Just think, sitting in a pouch for maybe 10 months, that would be very difficult if filled with poo.