Re: WHO Are You?

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Maybe they just like pretty girls :teehe:

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

:laugh: I'm sure that being a pretty blonde did a lot more for her than her French language abilities!

She said that when she was in Italy, people kept assuming that she and her friend were Dutch or Swedish because they're blonde and fair skinned.
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:) has it's perks, and I'm sure she was really a nice young lady to everyone.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Shen Li

Sharlee wrote:
beanthere wrote:
Blue Frost wrote:I know there is clean French, but it only takes one stinker to foul the whole lot, and they have a lot.
The Politics smells even worse.
I always wanted to visit the villages in France, you can have Paris, and the smell of arrogance. :diaper:
Oh Oh. All my kids are in French immersion...is this why they always need to be reminded to take a bath? :unsure: :roll:
Mine went through French immersion too. It served my daughter very well when she's been in France and Quebec. :)
A former colleague at CNRL put his son in French immersion. I am not necessarily opposed to it, but I do live in Alberta and French is just not a factor here. I want my son to speak and write Mandarin.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

We had Frog in school, but I saw it as a useless study, and wondered why not German, Japanese, or Chinese since it would be more useful here.
I should have took Spanish since it was offered, but really it's not that useful either unless I want to talk to Illegals.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Shen Li wrote: A former colleague at CNRL put his son in French immersion. I am not necessarily opposed to it, but I do live in Alberta and French is just not a factor here. I want my son to speak and write Mandarin.
I agree that Mandarin or Japanese are much more useful languages than French, but I chose French immersion for my kids for 2 reasons: (1) it was their only hope of a second language; and (2) ESL and French Immersion are the only public school programs that get decent funding.
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I wish I knew someone that would teach me a language. I know a little German, and Spanish, and some words in Japanese.
Latin even .
I also can figure out some others a little knowing the ones I do .
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Re: WHO Are You?

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

If I had googly eyes I would like to be in Italy with a teacher like that. :laugh:
Not really, maybe a nice secluded Island with few people like the series Lost.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I personally would have preferred an Italian teacher like her. :thumbsup:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh: Be honest about your self, be a flagrant pig :laugh:

I think it was Baruch Spinoza that talked about perception, and looks.
We have a perception that if false when we look at people, and how they might be.
And as i say a pretty gift wrap doesn't mean a good gift.
:teehe: But nice to look at right.

I remember this girl at one of my jobs, she was a knockout, but the more I got to know her the more I hated seeing her face.
Now at another job there was a girl that was alright looking, most called her butter face though, and I really liked her, and looked forward to seeing her.

No moral here really, just my perception of what I saw was real :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

A thought, what is your own perception of yourself, you are the one who knows yourself best right :think:

I see myself as very disturbed, and confused, a lot because of what life has thrown at me, a lot because of religion, and how I see the world today.
Also being a constant thinker I tend to over evaluate stuff, and people putting my own perception into it.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Blue Frost wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 3:05 pm :laugh: Be honest about your self, be a flagrant pig :laugh:

I think it was Baruch Spinoza that talked about perception, and looks.
We have a perception that if false when we look at people, and how they might be.
And as i say a pretty gift wrap doesn't mean a good gift.
:teehe: But nice to look at right.

I remember this girl at one of my jobs, she was a knockout, but the more I got to know her the more I hated seeing her face.
Now at another job there was a girl that was alright looking, most called her butter face though, and I really liked her, and looked forward to seeing her.

No moral here really, just my perception of what I saw was real :)
I can think of many examples. In the last couple of years it’s dawned on me that how you look doesn’t matter how you look. I can think of a waitress in Hong Kong that I was nuts about who had charm galore and the beautiful young cashier once I got to see what she was like was unattractive to me after. Perhaps we all have loads of examples of this phenomenon. If girls knew this then I think that they might try learning charm more than buying makeup.