Cute Animal Thread

General talk, and discussion.
Yong Jessie

Re: Cute Animal Thread

i have seen very many of these flying foxes. some places mostly on isolated islands but needs to be some sort of fruit trees for them to be in the area. As unlike the regular bat these flying foxes only eat fruit and no insects and are way bigger. Try even 1 metre wing span

Yong Jessie

Is not true they speak only in the Philippines. They are all over south east asia here and there. And can fly 40 km in just one day.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Those golden bats are quite beautiful. I never thought of bat’s having any kind of personality or liking a person.
Yong Jessie

Yes they are. Who would have imagined. But i have seen thousands of them in packs at times.
Its funny how nature has many million of years ago split off to form different creatures.
Like we all MOSTLY and DONT point out the few that NOT basically have eyes ears nose mouth amongst us all.
But then thru sheer good or bad luck mutations took on very different forms.

Did you know i bet you didnt? But a human and carrot have 85% the same DNA.
And i dont know exactly but between a human and other mammals its way higher than this.

BUT everything came from somewhere. And everything is related. And no one, no thing, no empire was created in a vacuum.
And dont let anyone tell you anything different to this.
Yong Jessie

Much you can find on youtube is overhyped just clickbait.

I found this quite funny. You will watch it a few times for some of them to see again.

Yong Jessie

With a face ONLY a mother would love! Seen plenty of humans like that.
Is so sick the Orangutang grin. I think its been ingrained to my brain now.

I made in photoshop a foto of him. Someone could use as a Avatar

Attachments
Orang.jpg
(237.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I want the flying puppies :kiss: I love bats.
I hate how a lot don't like them because they say they are creepy, and they have a stigma about them.
They are great creatures, and do a lot of good like the one video said about the ecosystem falling apart if they vanished.
Besides they are so cute :wub:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Yong Jessie

Quite something the power he has and fearlessness.

Yong Jessie

Quite something this Penguin in Japan.

Yong Jessie

Is interesting these Organgutans all different strategies to open three coconut. Is what one would call thinking.

Yong Jessie

I guess as is a baby not yet know what safe and not to do.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yong Jessie wrote: September 4th, 2023, 2:50 pm Quite something the power he has and fearlessness.

I can't believe I watched all that, but it's impressive how it does what it does.
Just like in carpentry it chisels away at the wood, sometimes scoring at the bottom, and then shaving the wood down from top to bottom.
I never knew they did that.

I chased a woodpecker off several mornings, it was pecking on the metal gutters waking me.
I wanted to kill it after a few days of it pecking, I would just get to sleep, and had to work later in the day.
Yong Jessie

Blue Frost wrote: September 4th, 2023, 4:37 pm
Yong Jessie wrote: September 4th, 2023, 2:50 pm Quite something the power he has and fearlessness.

I can't believe I watched all that, but it's impressive how it does what it does.
Just like in carpentry it chisels away at the wood, sometimes scoring at the bottom, and then shaving the wood down from top to bottom.

I chased a woodpecker off several mornings, it was pecking on the metal gutters waking me.
I wanted to kill it after a few days of it pecking, I would just get to sleep, and had to work later in the day.
Funny you mention this. As i had the same thoughts about this god dam 22 minutes the torture never stops Woody Woodpecker.
Because i knew that before posting i bet this god dam bird i have never one but could be the worst non stop announces that yes
get out the shot gun and be rid of it.
In asia there is the other extremely annoying bird but maybe the woody woodpecker is worse. Does at all hours of the day non stop.
Amazing how loud the fuker is. Of note Woody Woodpecker is somewhat cute and belongs in this thread this next evil aint a cute but
just to add.

https://laptrinhx.com/news/what-is-that ... g-3DeARE1/

Yong Jessie

Blue Frost wrote: September 4th, 2023, 4:37 pm

Funny you mention this. As i had the same thoughts about this god dam 22 minutes the torture never stops Woody Woodpecker.
Because i knew that before posting i bet this god dam bird i have never seen one but could be the worst non stop torture to listen to that yes
get out the shot gun and be rid of it. (fun fact when the great fun loving americans invaded Iraq and tortured the Iraqis they put in jails correct me if am wrong but seem to remember to make them confess they played the them from Sesame Street song 24 hours non stop.

In asia there is the other extremely annoying bird but maybe the woody woodpecker is worse. Does at all hours of the day non stop.
Amazing how loud the fuker is. Of note Woody Woodpecker is somewhat cute and belongs in this thread this next evil aint a cute but
just to add.

https://laptrinhx.com/news/what-is-that ... g-3DeARE1/

Yong Jessie

Did some more research on the woodpeckers. If you house had this fuker pecking away at the gutter the machine gun pecker yes worse than the asian koel there are other birds here to but this one is the worst.

i think this could be similar to what you experienced. Hmm yes i know wanna kill the fucker. Like i see home as a place to relax like as if you life not stressful enof but how can you relax with this nonsense to listen to.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

We have Pileated Woodpecker so they are pretty large, it actually bent up the downspout a little.
I have even seen them on the vinyl siding on the garage pecking away, likely for the insects behind the vinyl.
Why the choose the gutters, my guess just to be doing something, and attracting a mate.
Either way they can be annoying, but really pretty, and I love seeing them when not waking me.

We also have the little Downy woodpeckers, they are really pretty little birds.
Kentucky where I am I see two types of woodpeckers, but supposedly there are 7 types of them in Kentucky.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I guess I am so old :laugh:
I post this here because those who know also will know why, and are so old also. :laugh:
really, I don't think I'm so old, how about you ?

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I remember looking into the forested ravine and seeing the bright red head of the pileated woodpecker. They sure are beautiful. It’s so fortunate that the even larger and beautiful ivory billed woodpecker somehow survived and is no longer considered extinct. I am sure that the USA will be careful to not lose this beautiful bird again.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I was outside yesterday for a bit, and one was knocking away on a tree up the railway,
I didn't see it, but you sure can here them.
It's amazing their brains are so well protected from that constant impact.