Christmas is getting closer

General talk, and discussion.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Re: Christmas is getting closer

Dob't know... not much here, always very quiet. I think it's gonna be even quieter tho now... my card list is getting smaller too. Less than 10 people now I think. :kez: If it gets any less, might as well buy individual cards instead of a pack of 10.

Christmas day just ends up slumped in front of the TV. Even the pets have died 2 years ago too... :( Christmas ain't Christmas without the cats here anymore and one of my neighbours who died a few weeks ago. Her dog died too in mid April last year. :(

There's not been much festive spirit in the shops here really... only in one of the regional chain stores here and they've made a nice effort and windows are done up nice. :)

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Not Christmas here, when my dad died the festive part left with it it seems.
Now all the visitors are gone also we used to have, and it's just a few of us.
This years even a few of the direct family isn't going to be here so it will be a small dinner is all.
Ham Sandwiches I guess, but I might go get me a burger.

Sad year, been a bit much for all that's gone on.
I think my nephew will be happy, and my little niece though, they are going to get a lot, and really they are who counts on Christmas. :)
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Blue Frost wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 11:01 pm Not Christmas here, when my dad died the festive part left with it it seems.
Now all the visitors are gone also we used to have, and it's just a few of us.
This years even a few of the direct family isn't going to be here so it will be a small dinner is all.
Ham Sandwiches I guess, but I might go get me a burger.

Sad year, been a bit much for all that's gone on.
I think my nephew will be happy, and my little niece though, they are going to get a lot, and really they are who counts on Christmas. :)
I know, you miss your Dad so much. Maybe he's looking in on you tho... :flower:

It does feel a bit hollow sometimes... maybe we all need to do a Christmas gathering together. :rose: I'll bring some food and a fancy tablecloth. :)

I know, maybe keep it simple and low key... :snug:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Ill have to send that video to my niece, I think she may love dogs more than I do.
I saw a few there I want, or they can come, and go as they please :)

Yeah my dad dying left a hole that can't be filled in my heart, him, my nephew, my aunt Mable, and my dog friends all did.
My dad thought was more than just a dad, he was the best friend I could have had.
We didn't have much, but he always provided, and helped, darn I'm crying again. :(

We can keep it simple, it's best that way, and I would love the company.
Christmas ham this year, and I think a broccoli casserole.
Maybe ill get a pizza for me :teehe: burgers still sound good also, but I eat way to many of those lately.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

I know... I love that pet video too... funny, I thought that as well, keep one or two of the dogs from it. Looks like a good dinner they all had. :) Look at the cat when he's holding his spoon... looks fed up really. :wacko: The one in the glasses adjusting them. :laugh:

I know, missing family... that void is always there really... missing the pets too. I think they like Xmas as well...

Broccoli casserole... sounds nice that. I've started making a pasta meal a few months back, you mix the cooked pasta tubes with cooked broc and add grated cheese and cream cheese. Mix it all up and bake in oven for 15 minutes. Really easy to make and filling.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

:treestar: :treestar: Happy Christmas everyone!! I hope it's a peaceful one... might be if we stop watching the blimin news. :treestar: :shoveling: :tyler: :holly:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Twilight turtle wrote: December 24th, 2020, 10:36 am I know... I love that pet video too... funny, I thought that as well, keep one or two of the dogs from it. Looks like a good dinner they all had. :) Look at the cat when he's holding his spoon... looks fed up really. :wacko: The one in the glasses adjusting them. :laugh:

I know, missing family... that void is always there really... missing the pets too. I think they like Xmas as well...

Broccoli casserole... sounds nice that. I've started making a pasta meal a few months back, you mix the cooked pasta tubes with cooked broc and add grated cheese and cream cheese. Mix it all up and bake in oven for 15 minutes. Really easy to make and filling.
I don't eat broccoli, but my family, and everyone else lover her casserole,
It's got Cheeses also.

The ham is baked with a brown sugar glaze on it, and pineapple I guess.
That will be carved up for sandwiches.

That video, I like the Shepard's, and ones like them, I'm really a fan of them.
The Lab also, he looked into the dinner :laugh:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:later:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I do hope everyone is having a good day :)
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Merry Christmas everyone. We had a nice Christmas eve dinner last night as per the standard Pilipino practice and then we opened the presents. Today, we met with some of our church members on zoom and sang some Christmas songs. Just a low key event with lots of food, and naps. I kind of like it this way, as we usually go to someones house where, after talking to a few people, I end up binge watching something that somebody else picked out, and drinking.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Sounds like a nice day of it, and it's good to sing sometimes.

Here it's Cheeseburger Helper for supper, our Christmas get together is tomorrow.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well my Christmas was just over with, got some stuff, two shirts, some chocolate syrup, a coffee cup, and lotion.
:yawn: So tired now, need sleep :teehe:
It was a good one I guess, saw family, and got hugs, and even got to see people without burka mask on.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I'm happy it was good gathering. Over here we can only get together with same household members.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Even if that was a rule here I would break it myself unless I thought it necessary, and real proof it was a real pandemic.
So far it isn't necessary, and all politics about control.

It was pretty good here, just wish i felt a bit better. I got my nephew a Fender Staten guitar, and amp with some lessons, he was real happy.
He's real happy, and that makes me happy.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Love this... Michael Buble Christmas CD. Nice fireside to look at too. :)
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Did anyone watch any good Xmas films over the holiday? Not much on here in UK, I like the old favourites they show tho. Same films every year... some reason, they dig up the old war films like "Bridge over the river Kwai" and that every year. Seems to be tradition over here for years...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh: A Charlie Brown Kwanzaa
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Haven't seen Charlie Brown in years... I like the dog tho.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Snoopy, and Woodstock, smartest characters on the show.