Getting Off The Grid

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Getting Off The Grid

Odinson wrote: February 27th, 2020, 12:34 pm
Renee wrote: February 27th, 2020, 12:25 pm
Odinson wrote: February 27th, 2020, 11:53 am
Renee wrote: February 27th, 2020, 11:03 am
Blue Frost wrote: February 26th, 2020, 3:00 pm Odi just likes the spam Jelly :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
:laugh:
I'll bet Odi eats "Lutefisk" or "Ludefisk" too (dried white fish soaked in lye :gsick: ) It's traditional at Christmas among Swedes, Norwegians, Danes and Fins.

Quite nasty, IMHO...Whoever came up with that recipe is a certified wacko... A lot of people use cod and it will emit a terrible foul odor while cooking. It will literally corrode sterling silver utensils and turn to cement if not eaten right away...So no left over fish soaked in lye for you.... :o :laugh:

I sometimes think the rumors are true...White people are crazy.... :laugh:
Its not really a recipe..
Before refrigerators, they salted everything..

The lye does something good to the fish.

"Good"??? :think:

I now have to assume that the words "good" and "poisonous" are interchangeable in your language?.. :laugh:

That stuff is gross and the only thing more disgusting is that I jewish gefilte fish out of a jar. :yuk:
Means that it becomes more digestible... The protein content gets used more efficiently.
Yeah, sure,... :laugh:

I tried digesting that shit once...My ex inlaws being Danish, used to make a version of it at Christmas. It was awful jelly like foulness covered in white glop. I can't even describe in words that convey just how unappetizing it was. They loved it...or so they "claimed"... :laugh: I firmly believe they lied to me..... :laugh:

At one time I would generally be adventurous when it came to food. It helped that I was a fat glutton and would eat anything someone shoved at me and probably go back for more. But that stuff was a "no go"...One taste was enough for me to shy away. And once I found out how it was prepared...that just reinforced my gut reaction.

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: February 27th, 2020, 1:34 pm
Blue Frost wrote: February 26th, 2020, 3:00 pm Odi just likes the spam Jelly :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
I'll bet Odi eats "Lutefisk" or "Ludefisk" too (dried white fish soaked in lye :gsick: ) It's traditional at Christmas among Swedes, Norwegians, Danes and Fins.

Quite nasty, IMHO...Whoever came up with that recipe is a certified wacko... A lot of people use cod and it will emit a terrible foul odor while cooking. It will literally corrode sterling silver utensils and turn to cement if not eaten right away...So no left over fish soaked in lye for you.... :o :laugh:

I now have to assume that the words "good" and "poisonous" are interchangeable in your language?.. :laugh:

That stuff is gross and the only thing more disgusting is that I jewish gefilte fish out of a jar. :yuk:
Means that it becomes more digestible... The protein content gets used more efficiently.

I tried digesting that shit once...My ex inlaws being Danish, used to make a version of it at Christmas. It was awful jelly like foulness covered in white glop. I can't even describe in words that convey just how unappetizing it was. They loved it...or so they "claimed"... :laugh: I firmly believe they lied to me..... :laugh:

At one time I would generally be adventurous when it came to food. It helped that I was a fat glutton and would eat anything someone shoved at me and probably go back for more. But that stuff was a "no go"...One taste was enough for me to shy away. And once I found out how it was prepared...that just reinforced my gut reaction.
To be totally honest, very few people here like it... I dont like it..
But its tradition and the christmas table aint complete without it.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: February 27th, 2020, 2:22 pm

I guess it's like copuzzelle (roast lamb's head). It's traditional Italian and Greek dish at Easter....Scary shit... :o

I won't touch that either...Never would...One of the few things I could never bring myself to even try...In fact, as a child, it frightened me so badly that I couldn't even sit at the table when it was being served.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: February 28th, 2020, 12:33 pm
Odinson wrote: February 27th, 2020, 2:22 pm

I guess it's like copuzzelle (roast lamb's head). It's traditional Italian and Greek dish at Easter....Scary shit... :o

I won't touch that either...Never would...One of the few things I could never bring myself to even try...In fact, as a child, it frightened me so badly that I couldn't even sit at the table when it was being served.
Doesnt look all that appetizing.. Rather eat the lutefisk. :teehe:

I´m guessing the roasted lamb head tastes good though..
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Fried processed meat with eggs. Best breakfast.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Why processed, give me a steak, eggs, and waffles with pecans in them. :yum:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Re: Adventurers

Of course, if he tried to do this now, government bureaucracy would require him to have an approved fuel efficient wood stove, building permits for all aspects of construction, the new government approved regulatory mandates to reduce his 'carbon footprint', strict adherence to all hunting and fishing regulations. :(
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This is a very interesting video. He shows many techniques that that are good to know and how to quickly make a quality cabin. If the globalists succeed in destroying Canada and the USA being able to build a home away from the mayhem and live off the grid may be necessary.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Except that end goal of the globalists is total control. They don't want to leave you alone to live in peace. They don't want you to live in the wilderness. For all those survivalists who think that they can bug-out and build a small cabin somewhere...there will be a war in the woods. All the resources of a global government will be directed toward moving you and controlling you or killing you, but they will not leave you alone anymore if you don't want to be part of their plan.
The goal is supposed to be reached within the next 10 years, which is why Trump had to go...he was in the way.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Here's a guy that tried to live on his own. It didn't work out too well for him though.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

In the early eighties I met at least one elderly native man in Dawson City who claimed to have been involved in this manhunt. My gut feeling is that he was telling the truth. If I recall correctly he did claim to have shot at the mad trapper. I also read a book on him thirty or so years ago. There’s a mystery here. As I have stated in the hermits thread on Gary Oaks Corner that I wonder if there hasn’t always been hermits in the forests of Canada living off of the land. I imagine that they probably don’t usually live too long and just disappear lost to history.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I need to find a link, but today I did here Turkey has banned preppers, and others may be following.
The money in Turkey is failing, and hyperinflation is on the way, I guess they want everyone to be ready to be put in cattle cars, or to die off.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This is evil. The leaders all know that world war three is going to happen. This could be part of the depopulation plan. If people aren’t prepared then more will die.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I would prep anyhow if I was them, and if all else bury the stuff so if they searched they would find nothing.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Those are all good tips. I can see how knowing how to can food could save lives and at least come in very helpful if the world goes nuts.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Knowing what to plant also, like turnips can be planted, and grown fast, and canned also.

Planting potatoes can save you also, the Irish knows, and the Germans made a bad decision not planting them long ago.
As the horseman, and armies came through the crops was trampled, but the potato being underground was alright.