The South Pacific

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: The South Pacific

Well I finally found time to watch this video. Samoa certainly is looking very attractive a destination to go to. Getting started another language really is needed but is challenging to the point that I wouldn’t start unless I was certain that I was going there. I believe that I would really like it there and might not want to leave. I wonder if the locals like you then you just might be able to stay indefinitely. This would truly be a paradise for some.

Yong Jessie

I do believe you would really like it there Again there are 2 different distinct countries here being Samoa and American Samoa. I cant say which one is better for you.

And problaby would not want to leave if you were able to survive there enof. Actaully there are many American Samoan gangs in Los Angeles and in Hawaii and in Utah that is cause i bet you know but there religion the Mormon church somehow that is the most common one found in America Samoa.

Of note but Samoa they DONT speak English as much they do in American Samoa.
It appears that the Samoan language you would need more if located in Samoa.
Actaully as would guess and is the case American Samoa very much related to USA as is a protectorate of the USA. So of course language would be English.

Samoa is acatully closest ties to New Zealand.

Of note i guessing if you want the full experience of " Fa'a Samoa" - The Samoan way.
Samoa would be the place to stay not American Samoa as no doubt American Samoa would have too many American ie. fast food restaurants there.

Of note thou as and you even touched on this before your Hawaii rant if they were not part of the USA there economy would be much less. Yes probably. This is why there are more good jobs available on American Samoa than Samoa as many American Samoa has some job opportunities in areas like education healthcare and government often associated with U.S. agencies or military installations.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The people are great from my experience Gary, they love fun, and food, or both at the same time. :)
I just meet the American Samoans on the Army Base, but they where great guys.

Gotta throw this in, the Rock Soldiers from South Korea I think wanted to have fun, but where a bit paranoid acting.
I'm not sure if they would get beat up by the upper ranks for it, or just unfriendly to others.
I know I learned to never trust the ones selling stuff in the PX area, they would rip you off in a heartbeat.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Yong Jessie

Yeah i have met them too when i lived in Oahu, Hawaii for a few months. Many are VERY obese but were nice to me. They were the ones that started the conversation onto me as we both strangers.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Another note on the Koreans, I'm just talking from the few I have dwelt with, and not throwing them all in the bunch.
I have talked with some online, not Rock soldiers, and they where very cool people i would let into my home anytime.
The Rocks have it really hard if anyone knows about them, they get beat a lot by Sargent's, and upper ranks.
They are like Rocks in the end.
Dealing with people in another country adds to issues also, not sure if that matters a lot though when I met so many that was offish, and rude.

Same goes for the Samoans, I did meet one who was an ass, but on the most part great people.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yong Jessie wrote: September 12th, 2023, 1:45 pm Yeah i have met them too when i lived in Oahu, Hawaii for a few months. Many are VERY obese but were nice to me. They were the ones that started the conversation onto me as we both strangers.
I think a lot see a friend that could be, and I like that in people even if I'm a quiet sort.
Gotta like those kind of people.
A lot of islanders are like that, small communities maybe, and upbringing.
Yong Jessie

Well yes in general people from BIG CITIES ie NEW YORK are selfish assholes. Ive seen online where women are raped on the subway and not one of the fukers there did anything to help her. Or someone mugged same just sit and watch it and do nothing. And even the way they talk its aggressive just a loud mouth arrogant fuk head New Yorker.

Of course acceptations i am just generalizing.

Now onto asia the same is true with south east asia. Like someone from Bangkok not at all nice and kind and is a greedy selfish jerk. But the further out you go the people do get. Like get out to upcountry Myanmar and see the Tai Yai or Karen or many others 1000 times better no ulterior motives. Just want to be with you for friendship enjoying the moment together.

So it would stand to good reason hard to say way is more isolated upcountry Myanmar or the south pacific islands as there are zero foreigners upcountry Myanmar as the country was as closed off to the world as North Korea was up until 10 years ago.

BUt its dam far from anything i could believe a great place to stay. Again i did live in Hawaii many years ago and did stay in Saipan thats as closest as i got to hardcore Polynesia but only left as money had none left. I had a great time even those 2 sort of American protectares as even Hawaiians most want independence. And do believe if went even further out free of the USA at all get even better.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

There was just that one guy that stopped one guy from killing people in New York, but he was charged for it. :wacko:
Just saying even in my shape I would step in also, it's just me i guess.
It's a real shame people don't stand up for whats right in most places anymore, it only would help them in the end, and stop more violence.
I think it's New Mexico, might be wrong, but the governor said no open carry because the criminal violence going on because of Democrat policies.
To hell with him, I would carry anyhow.

I know where my family is from they used to step in, and help each other, and people they didn't even know.
I think it all comes back to you when you are in trouble in those places.

Didn't Hawaii try to get independent a few decades back, maybe I'm wrong.
Might have been just one of the Islands.
They should be let go if wanted, but gotta think of international reasons to stay there like China being let in.
With the Liberal government there you couldn't trust the leadership at all, look what they did about the fires as of late letting people burn up, then keeping them from donated supplies.
Yong Jessie

Nice different summary of INFAMOUS shithole Pitcairn Islands. The old fart that made this surprisingly knows how to make good videos. Fitting music too. Voila over 3 million views.

While yes i do believe the south pacific there is no better place to stay on the planet. Pitcairn aint one of those places. As was it 500 years ago the Polynesians gave up or starved to death on the island. And the ilsand is not self sufficient as relies on millions of pounds a year from the UK.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

No mention of their sex cult that went on for a long time.
I think it was 2004 when they took a lot of people to court over it.
Apparently it was going on for generations if not to the start of them getting to the island.

It looks like they would build a proper peer for landing boats, might not have a lot of wood on the island, but they have stone.