Favorite "Sunday Drives"?

General talk, and discussion.
Superchecker
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

Do you have a favorite "Sunday Drive?" Ever just get in the car, and go wherever it takes you???

Lunch in Squamish?
A packed lunch/picnic and a little hiking up at Othello Tunnels, just past Hope?

Cruise the old/slower Lougheed Highway, all the way to Hope?
Less expensive gas once in Mission/Abbotsford, as they don't pay the dreaded TransLink gas tax?

Cross the line into Whatcom county? Cheaper gas, different eats, a little shopping?

Westham Island to feed the ducks?

Fish n Chips in Steveston? Or Horseshoe Bay?

Buntzen Lake? White Pine Beach? Deas Island Park?

Deep Cove? Lynn Valley park? Cleveland Dam?

Superchecker
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

I remember as a kid, dad often specifically taking us along Granville Ave- between 4 and 5 Roads in Richmod, because it was a little bumpier than most roads...

And, i remember driving down to Marysville, Wash, for lunch on more than a few occasions...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I used to get out, and drive when it was late, and nobody out.
There is some hills not that far with some winding roads that take about 30 minutes to drive around.
In all about two hour drive after going out that far. :)
It was really nice in the fall, and the convertible top down.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Registered Guest
"Mr. ICONIC"
"Mr. ICONIC"

I have no need or want, to go Sunday driving.

I put on just under 5000 KMS a month.

Lube, oil, filter approximately every five weeks.
I don't concern myself, with other peoples thoughts. They can think what they want, and grind it around in their head. I always get a good nights rest. They however, are exhausted, thinking about me. My trade mark, :laugh: :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

LOL you drive enough for us all RG, if I was you I wouldn't want to see the road at all after all that.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

I hate driving, but I don't mind being a passenger. Anything scenic works for me.

When I was a kid growing up in Washington, my favourite drives were to Mount Rainier and to the coast. It seemed like we were entering a different country ...
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Oh I wish I had something nice to see like that, would stay out a long while, and camp even :)
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

The drive to Squamish on the Sea To sky highway is very nice, but takes a lot out of the tank. Squamish was the furthest I ever drove to. Driving can be tiring sometimes. Other times it can be relaxing.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gas prices keep you from going far anymore, I used to drive a tank out driving when I had a low paying job.
Registered Guest
"Mr. ICONIC"
"Mr. ICONIC"

GuardianFlash wrote:The drive to Squamish on the Sea To sky highway is very nice, but takes a lot out of the tank. Squamish was the furthest I ever drove to. Driving can be tiring sometimes. Other times it can be relaxing.

Drive to Powell River, 18 hours round trip.

That allows for only 3 hours, before you need to turn back.

Miss the wrong ferry, you are staying over night.
I don't concern myself, with other peoples thoughts. They can think what they want, and grind it around in their head. I always get a good nights rest. They however, are exhausted, thinking about me. My trade mark, :laugh: :laugh:
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Speaking of gas ... I saw a sign for $1.47 a litre tonight ... :twitch:
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Our gas jumped .50 Thursday evening a gallon.
Superchecker
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

Sharlee wrote:Speaking of gas ... I saw a sign for $1.47 a litre tonight ... :twitch:
East Richmond?

I drove past the Shell out on Westminster Hwy 5 times yesterday, and the price went up e-a-c-h- trip????

Was shocked to see $137.2 at a station that I paid $123.5 just one week earlier???

Might have to venture down to Point Roberts, apparently 99 cents US a litre down there....
Superchecker
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

Sharlee wrote:Speaking of gas ... I saw a sign for $1.47 a litre tonight ... :twitch:
Just today alone: I've seen as low as $130.8 a litre, to as high as $143.9 a litre...

Not sure how soon, but would like to drive the length of the Lougheed Hwy all the way out to Hope... Gas drops about 10 cents a litre once you get east of Maple Ridge... Maybe find a nice place for lunch along the way...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Ouch, getting higher isn't it. Soon to cost more since Obama wants a more cleaner environment off your backs .
Shen Li

Superchecker wrote:
East Richmond?

I drove past the Shell out on Westminster Hwy 5 times yesterday, and the price went up e-a-c-h- trip????

Was shocked to see $137.2 at a station that I paid $123.5 just one week earlier???

Might have to venture down to Point Roberts, apparently 99 cents US a litre down there....
It jumped last week here. Was $.97 cents/litre, but now it is $1,09.
Superchecker
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

Decided to head east on Hwy #7, to take the long way out towards Hope, and then come back on Hwy #1...

Saw gas as high as $142.9 in Maple Ridge, and then it dropped to as low as $123.9 in Mission (No TransLink Taxes)... Filled up at $129.9 in Abbotsford... It's $137.9 at our local stations...

Forgot just how far Hope was along the old Hwy #7... Ended up only going as far east as Kent, and then headed south on Hwy #9 to Bridal Falls, and then turned west onto Hwy #1 for there...
About 3 hours and 20 minutes round trip...

Ended up on that brand new section of Hwy #17 in North Surrey too! Will be really nice, and fast, once it goes all the way back to south Delta....

If it was nicer weatherwise, we would have gone all the way east past Hope, to Othello Tunnels for a picnic lunch!, but with the cold wind & miserable rain, we didn't do that today.... Maybe in April or May...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

With the price of gas Ill be staying home even more, no need to waste when I don't need to get anything.
I would like to get out, but will stay in I guess, it gets old though.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

$40 only filled up half the tank. That's on mid grade though.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I dread summer because I have to fill the car, lawnmower up, and other lawn equipment .
Hot as it gets maybe the lawn will just burn off