Modern Western Food

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Modern Western Food

Coffee has magnesium ? I need reasons to drink coffee as quitting would be horrible.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Coffee has some health benefits also, just drink in moderation as with anything.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Anyone remember back in the late 70s, maybe early 80s when McDonalds was accused of putting worms in the burgers for filler. :laugh:
sales dropped, but today they are full of Plant fiber, or as i call it wood pulp.
I didn't eat the worm burgers even if that was false I think, but today I surly wont eat the thing they call beef.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Modern Western Food

Blue Frost wrote: Anyone remember back in the late 70s, maybe early 80s when McDonalds was accused of putting worms in the burgers for filler. :laugh:
sales dropped, but today they are full of Plant fiber, or as i call it wood pulp.
I didn't eat the worm burgers even if that was false I think, but today I surly wont eat the thing they call beef.
Is that like the spider eggs in the "Bubble Yum" or death by "Pop Rocks" and Coke? :laugh:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I used to love pop rocks, and Pepsi or RC cola.
I remember the pop rocks thing, but not the spider eggs.
McDonald's got a big hit over that, and lost a lot of money.
I think some chains lately had horse meat in their burgers, it was true I believe.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Modern Western Food

Blue Frost wrote: I used to love pop rocks, and Pepsi or RC cola.
I remember the pop rocks thing, but not the spider eggs.
McDonald's got a big hit over that, and lost a lot of money.
I think some chains lately had horse meat in their burgers, it was true I believe.
I never had Pop Rocks but I heard the ridiculous stories about peoples stomachs exploding after mixing them with soda. :laugh:

The spider eggs thing was equally ridiculous if not more so. Supposedly you would swallow the eggs after chewing the gum and they would hatch in your stomach. :laugh:

BTW, the worms in McDonalds hamburger is an urban legend. At least accordingly to Snopes.

http://www.snopes.com/mcdonalds-parasit ... -outbreak/
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

it still hurt McDonald for a time, but they bounced back fast since people seemed to not mind worms in their burgers :laugh:

Most food is aloud so many bug parts, and rat hair I'm sure you know. I remember in the distillery I worked at there was many rats around the grain cars, and tanks..
They sanitized really good, but still there was always the stuff in the air floating in.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Modern Western Food

Blue Frost wrote: it still hurt McDonald for a time, but they bounced back fast since people seemed to not mind worms in their burgers :laugh:

Most food is aloud so many bug parts, and rat hair I'm sure you know. I remember in the distillery I worked at there was many rats around the grain cars, and tanks..
They sanitized really good, but still there was always the stuff in the air floating in.
Yes I know. The FDA has standards for the acceptable amount of rat shit in everything from coffee to jelly beans.

I often wonder who the person or persons are who make up these so called acceptable levels. And I wonder if their acceptable number of rat shits are the same as what my number would be. Is that number 5 or 10 or 60 rat turds? Is it 100 or a 1,000 rat shits and at what volume of product? :think:

I don't know about you but if I find one rat turd in my bag of jelly beans....that's entirely un-fucken-acceptable. :down:
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

I dont wanna sound like a sissy but I dont eat junkfood...

You can eat junkfood.. No judgement from here but I never learned to eat it.

Meat tastes the best when you have killed the animal yourself and the whole club can enjoy eating the animal.

A dinner fit for kings. :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I eat some junk food, and used to eat a lot thanks a lot to my mothers bringing it home.
I eat mostly meat for meals, and I really love fresh meat. It's amazing the difference of something fresh, and something from the store.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Modern Western Food

Blue Frost wrote: I eat some junk food, and used to eat a lot thanks a lot to my mothers bringing it home.
I eat mostly meat for meals, and I really love fresh meat. It's amazing the difference of something fresh, and something from the store.
I do eat junkfood on occassion... Its nostalgic.

Theres a kiosk right by the marketplace..

The couple of sausages with extra sauce make me feel like I´m at home, you know.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Sausage isn't really junk food unless you get it packed with fillers in my opinion. I look for it specifically to have no nitrates in it.
If something like polish sausage, or a schnitzel Ill likely pass on those.
I like a good summer sausage, and good dear sausage now, and then with some crackers, and cheese :)
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

If I eat junk food it has to be the high quality junk food like pure ice cream or home made pies which actually aren't junk at all. Even if I eat french fries they have to be quality fries not Mcdonalds fries that can go months with out changing their appearance
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I get junk food brought to me a lot, but I do try to cut back on it. How can anyone pass up on some good home made pie, and ice cream :wacko:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Generally I consider "junk food" to be anything with dubious nutritional value or processed foods high in corn syrup....candy, potato chips, packaged cookies some forms of fast food, etc.

Home made pies, cakes and pastry I don't consider "junk food". They certainly shouldn't be eaten on a regular basis but to consider them as junk food, is sort of insulting. :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Nitrates, Corn Syrup, Soy, and what about cotton seed oil ? Canola oil is another thing I wont eat. The stuff mentioned is in so much, and that's not even a start with the manufactured chemicals in food.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I'm glad they don't add fluoride to our drinking water here. A bunch of nut jobs here wants to fluoridate our water cause they think it's good for teeth.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's not, they need to read up on what it is, it's poison. You likely already have it in some canned foods, and other products like toothpaste, any more, and it's toxic.
I think if they want it just let them buy the toothpaste.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Modern Western Food

If you open the page at the bottom you can check out the amounts of sugar each of these 16 drinks have. It's no wonder that diabetes is afflicting so many Americans. Big pharma and the sugar industry are both big winners from these drinks. I consider them toxic and never drink any of them.

See the terrifying amount of sugar that's in 16 popular beverages

Summer is around the corner, and with it comes the temptation to cool down with an ice-cold beverage from one of your favorite fast-food chains.

But beware; those neon-colored, frivolous drinks are less innocent than you think. Some are packed with more than three times the amount of sugar that the Food and Drug Administration recommends daily.

According to the FDA, Americans should eat and drink no more than 50 grams of sugar a day — roughly the same amount that's in a single can of Coke.

But the reality is we consume far more. According to the US Department of Agriculture, the average American consumes more like 94 grams a day.

Avoiding sugar can be harder than you think. To help you understand how much sugar your favorite drinks contain, we put together the following series of visualizations in which 1 sugar cube represents 2.3 grams of sugar.

We chose the largest sizes available at each chain.

http://www.businessinsider.com/amount-o ... ti-24-oz-1
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Modern Western Food

:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
[video][/video]