World War 1 The Great War

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: World War 1 The Great War

They where Winchesters made from Inlands designs, they also used the Winchester in the Vietnam conflict.
The M35 isn't a WW1 used gun, it's a representation close to it in looks.
Besides the ejection, and such they look very comparable.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I'm not getting it anyhow, I always wanted the Remington 1100 so maybe Ill go after it instead.
It's a much nicer gun, and since Remington is being ripped apart now it might be worth the money.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: September 29th, 2020, 10:54 pm I'm not getting it anyhow, I always wanted the Remington 1100 so maybe Ill go after it instead.
It's a much nicer gun, and since Remington is being ripped apart now it might be worth the money.
Is the 1100 even made anymore? I thought it was replaced by the 11-87 years ago.

A used 1100 will cost you dearly, that is if you can find one that doesn't look like a dogs breakfast.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: September 30th, 2020, 3:17 pm Image

$1279.00
https://www.remington.com/shotguns/auto ... ing-series
Nice...Do you shoot sporting clays?
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

NO, but if I had that I would :)
My friend had an 870 from the late 60s early 70s, he said he would love to shoot to see how they do.
Primarily when I shoot I just go to practice, and have some fun, toss some big onions in the air, and blast away.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: October 1st, 2020, 1:30 am NO, but if I had that I would :)
My friend had an 870 from the late 60s early 70s, he said he would love to shoot to see how they do.
Primarily when I shoot I just go to practice, and have some fun, toss some big onions in the air, and blast away.
Oh man, don't waste good onions.

Get yourself a box of clay birds and a hand thrower.

I used to shoot a lot of sporting clays when I lived in WA. Not so much anymore. There just aren't many sporting clays ranges here in Jersey. The closest one to me is about an hour and a half away. There is another just across the PA. border but that is even further. Some of the courses can be pretty damn challenging. I used my 20 gauge Browning Citori grand lightening or my 16 ga Auto 5. Now I make due with 16 yard trap which I still shoot quite often. I belong to a couple of ranges not that far away from me. In fact one is quite close, about a 20 min drive.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Big onions are great fun, they kind of explode, and the range clean up people hate it.
The big gun day at knob creek we had people puking one year :laugh:
There is kind of a sink hole near the tables that constantly full of water, and in the heat it makes a nice soup for the next few days :rofl:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: October 1st, 2020, 2:15 pm Big onions are great fun, they kind of explode, and the range clean up people hate it.
The big gun day at knob creek we had people puking one year :laugh:
There is kind of a sink hole near the tables that constantly full of water, and in the heat it makes a nice soup for the next few days :rofl:
:yuk: That's just nasty.

At the ranges I belong to, that would be considered leaving garbage on the range and would be considered very bad form. It might even be considered a finable offense or you could end up with your range privileges suspended.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Our gun range

Hey, there is our mud hole, they filled it in again :laugh:

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: October 1st, 2020, 3:31 pm Our gun range

Hey, there is our mud hole, they filled it in again :laugh:

Looks like a nice range but what's with all the flaming wrecks, old washing machines and what looks like old furnaces and shit?...Looks like a redneck rodeo. :laugh:

Thats a very cool collection of historical automatic weapons...Do I see a couple of Browning or Vickers water cooled machine guns in there?...Very cool indeed... :thumbsup:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Knob Creek machine gun shoot going on at that time, it's a yearly event, and pretty much famous.
The news even used a night photo not long ago of the shooting to say it was someplace like Syria i believe.

Me, and my friend shoot about where the mud puddle there is, they fill it in all the time, but it sinks again.
And yes, it's redneck heaven :laugh:
I spent a weekend once just shooting at a water heater, and it's attachments. :laugh: perfect target for a full body sized target.
the other end is usually the bigger stuff, GE mini guns, and cannon even, and there is usually a helicopter comes in occasionally firing the cars up on the range with tracers.
Mel Gibson

Before I moved here there used to be a popular shooting area on Crown Land that sort of looked like that. Stolen cars would get dumped there and shot up, people would dump their TV's and appliances to shoot up. Trash was always left behind. It became such a problem that they had to prohibit shooting there.

The locals called the area "Little Iraq". :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I used to have a pretty private spot to shot stuff like that before the power company annexed the area.
i never seen a car there, but several appliances over the years that got the swiss cheese treatment. :teehe:
Once I saved a deer from being shot there, the guy got mad at me, but screw him. He was an a-hole anyhow.
Saw a few beavers there as well, I didn't even know any was in my area till I saw them.
Mel Gibson

There's quite a few places around here to shoot, but I've noticed people here are bit more respectful with these areas compared to city folk. No dumped appliances or stolen cars. No 'Little Iraq' around here! Hell, the majority even seem to clean up their spent shotgun shells!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I clean up my ammo most the time, but you can't find them all in the dirt, and grass.
I hate when people dump stuff, I usually leave a place cleaner than I found it.
Really in most the areas people are dumping they they should be putting up cameras more to catch them.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: October 1st, 2020, 7:57 pm Knob Creek machine gun shoot going on at that time, it's a yearly event, and pretty much famous.
The news even used a night photo not long ago of the shooting to say it was someplace like Syria i believe.

Me, and my friend shoot about where the mud puddle there is, they fill it in all the time, but it sinks again.
And yes, it's redneck heaven :laugh:
I spent a weekend once just shooting at a water heater, and it's attachments. :laugh: perfect target for a full body sized target.
the other end is usually the bigger stuff, GE mini guns, and cannon even, and there is usually a helicopter comes in occasionally firing the cars up on the range with tracers.
You can't dump old shit at the ranges I shoot at. Doing stuff like that will get your membership revoked. Besides, is it really fun to shoot an old washing machine? It's not exactly a test of skill or how accurate your rifle or handloads are. Anyone with one good eye can hit an old rusty refrigerator form 100 or 200 yards. It's just trash. The closest we come to unorthodox targets is maybe shooting at small pieces of clay pidgin placed on the berm. We usually do stuff like that off hand.

The helicopter thing is probably cool to watch though.. :thumbsup:

I always police up my brass and shotgun shells...I generally do not bother with spent .22 shells. My little one likes to collect those so I let her do it. Aside from the fact that it's good manners to clean up your brass, I reload so it would be stupid to leave the cartridges behind.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Shooting taped on targets, and the buttons off the things do take skill, that's what I do.
Some people just shoot them up, but I pick targets.
At 350 yards I was shooting paint cans in the center, and coke cans also.
It's a cheep way to shoot without lugging all those heavy targets around like some do.
It's enough for me to carry what I have.

One range here got mad because you collect your spent casings, and put a sign up.
I quit going, and took my casings with me telling them they could buy them from me.
they can have my .22, and aluminum ones, their magnets don't pick them up. :teehe:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 1:38 pm Shooting taped on targets, and the buttons off the things do take skill, that's what I do.
Some people just shoot them up, but I pick targets.
At 350 yards I was shooting paint cans in the center, and coke cans also.
It's a cheep way to shoot without lugging all those heavy targets around like some do.
It's enough for me to carry what I have.

One range here got mad because you collect your spent casings, and put a sign up.
I quit going, and took my casings with me telling them they could buy them from me.
they can have my .22, and aluminum ones, their magnets don't pick them up. :teehe:
I used to shoot at an indoor range in WA that had signs up about not policing your brass. They used to collect them and reload the brass and sell the reloads to the customers. I bought a couple of boxes of Speer .40 cal there and the range officer told me "to stop picking up my brass and that whatever hit the floor was range property." I told him in no uncertain terms that "I bought the rounds, paid their exorbitant prices, and they were not going to get another chance at making money off them, especially since they were purchased by me legally and that they were MINE to do with what I wished." He then got all red in the face and started to sputter something about range policy. I just ignored him, cleaned up, and left. From then on whenever I shot there it was revolver only and I ejected the brass into my hand and with big grin dropped the fired rounds into a clear gallon zip lock plastic bag. :laugh:

I've had other shooters steal my brass right in front of me. When I call them out on it, they always look surprised and say..."oh sorry, I didn't know you wanted it". I think because I'm a woman some guys just figure I don't know what to do with spent brass and I guess in their little Neanderthal brains it give them a license to just take what isn't theirs.... :kez:

I've also had fellow shooters politely ask me if they could have my spent brass. Many times it's a caliber that I already have in overabundance such as. 38spl and I say "sure help yourself".

I know if Odi were shooting next to me he would want to pick up my brass. But not because he needs the casings but because it would be his big chance to bend down behind me and stare at my big butt up close... :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I went through the same thing with a range officer, and about got into a fight with him.
I wasn't a member of the place, and finished my day out, and never went back.
Like you said I paid for it, it's mine, and if you get down to itin most places it has to sit 24 hours to be unclaimed.

i had people take my brass also, and i told them thanks for picking my brass up for me, taking about surprised looks. :laugh:
A lot of times I shoot nickle casings, they can be reloaded a few more times than usual brass so I want them.
If I see someone saving them ill help them out, and pick their brass up for them because I know how much they are worth to a shooter.