World War 1 The Great War

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: World War 1 The Great War

Renee wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 4:07 pm
Blue Frost wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 1:38 pm Shooting taped on targets, and the buttons off the things do take skill, that's what I do.
Some people just shoot them up, but I pick targets.
At 350 yards I was shooting paint cans in the center, and coke cans also.
It's a cheep way to shoot without lugging all those heavy targets around like some do.
It's enough for me to carry what I have.

One range here got mad because you collect your spent casings, and put a sign up.
I quit going, and took my casings with me telling them they could buy them from me.
they can have my .22, and aluminum ones, their magnets don't pick them up. :teehe:
I used to shoot at an indoor range in WA that had signs up about not policing your brass. They used to collect them and reload the brass and sell the reloads to the customers. I bought a couple of boxes of Speer .40 cal there and the range officer told me "to stop picking up my brass and that whatever hit the floor was range property." I told him in no uncertain terms that "I bought the rounds, paid their exorbitant prices, and they were not going to get another chance at making money off them, especially since they were purchased by me legally and that they were MINE to do with what I wished." He then got all red in the face and started to sputter something about range policy. I just ignored him, cleaned up, and left. From then on whenever I shot there it was revolver only and I ejected the brass into my hand and with big grin dropped the fired rounds into a clear gallon zip lock plastic bag. :laugh:

I've had other shooters steal my brass right in front of me. When I call them out on it, they always look surprised and say..."oh sorry, I didn't know you wanted it". I think because I'm a woman some guys just figure I don't know what to do with spent brass and I guess in their little Neanderthal brains it give them a license to just take what isn't theirs.... :kez:

I've also had fellow shooters politely ask me if they could have my spent brass. Many times it's a caliber that I already have in overabundance such as. 38spl and I say "sure help yourself".

I know if Odi were shooting next to me he would want to pick up my brass. But not because he needs the casings but because it would be his big chance to bend down behind me and stare at my big butt up close... :laugh:
You got it all wrong girl...

I would tell you to pick up your brass and then stare at your big butt. :teehe:

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 2:58 pm
Blue Frost wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 1:38 pm Shooting taped on targets, and the buttons off the things do take skill, that's what I do.
It's a cheep way to shoot without lugging all those heavy targets around like some do.

One range here got mad because you collect your spent casings, and put a sign up.
I quit going, and took my casings with me telling them they could buy them from me.
they can have my .22, and aluminum ones, their magnets don't pick them up. :teehe:
I used to shoot at an indoor range in WA that had signs up about not policing your brass. They used to collect them and reload the brass and sell the reloads to the customers. I bought a couple of boxes of Speer .40 cal there and the range officer told me "to stop picking up my brass and that whatever hit the floor was range property." I told him in no uncertain terms that "I bought the rounds, paid their exorbitant prices, and they were not going to get another chance at making money off them, especially since they were purchased by me legally and that they were MINE to do with what I wished." He then got all red in the face and started to sputter something about range policy. I just ignored him, cleaned up, and left. From then on whenever I shot there it was revolver only and I ejected the brass into my hand and with big grin dropped the fired rounds into a clear gallon zip lock plastic bag. :laugh:

I've had other shooters steal my brass right in front of me. When I call them out on it, they always look surprised and say..."oh sorry, I didn't know you wanted it". I think because I'm a woman some guys just figure I don't know what to do with spent brass and I guess in their little Neanderthal brains it give them a license to just take what isn't theirs.... :kez:

I've also had fellow shooters politely ask me if they could have my spent brass. Many times it's a caliber that I already have in overabundance such as. 38spl and I say "sure help yourself".

I know if Odi were shooting next to me he would want to pick up my brass. But not because he needs the casings but because it would be his big chance to bend down behind me and stare at my big butt up close... :laugh:

You know I would just bend over and point my big butt in another direction. You wouldn't see shit... :laugh:

Your loss....my brass... :laugh:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 4:27 pm

You know I would just bend over and point my big butt in another direction. You wouldn't see shit... :laugh:

Judging by what I´ve seen, I get a good view of the twins that way. :teehe:

There is no way out of it. :laugh:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 5:23 pm

I'll wear a bulky sweater up to my neck.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: October 4th, 2020, 9:09 am
Odinson wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 5:23 pm

I'll wear a bulky sweater up to my neck.
You better stop fucking with me when I have a gun in my hand. :teehe:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: October 4th, 2020, 12:12 pm

You better stop fucking with me when I have a gun in my hand. :teehe:
You're out of luck....You to have opposable thumbs to use a gun.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

"The range officer told me "to stop picking up my brass and that whatever hit the floor was range property.""

I dont know the american law on this...

But in Finland, you cant make rules like that... Its thievery.

If you put your bag on the floor, does it become range property too?

Maybe he just said that because you are a woman...

Women can be fooled into paying additional range taxes... :teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

They get away with what you will let them, and if posted when you buy range time you are really agreeing to leave the brass.
The range that tried that with me had it posted at the shooting both, not where you buy range time so they can go screw themselves.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: October 6th, 2020, 7:55 pm They get away with what you will let them, and if posted when you buy range time you are really agreeing to leave the brass.
The range that tried that with me had it posted at the shooting both, not where you buy range time so they can go screw themselves.
Although, I kinda understand that hard line.

I can imagine some punks whining about the reloading of empty casings and selling them.

And I can imagine some punks trying to come collect their empty casings after they have exited the range.

The rule should be that if you exit the range, the empty casings become range property.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The range collects them, and reloads them to sell back to you, or they sell the casings.
Most people leaves them anyhow, but a few reloads them themselves, or knows someone who will for them.
In my opinion the range has a right to keep whats left there as they should, and being someones property they have a right to collect it if it belongs to them.
The range is loosing money if they piss me off, they should look over someone collecting their own brass even if posted.
Going in if posted clearly they have a right to collect it, but if not clear you can call BS on them.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Sigmund Freud with his sons, Ernst and Martin, who served in the Austro-Hungarian Army in WWI, c. 1914

Bela Lugosi as lieutenant in Austro-Hungarian army in WW1 (served on Russian front), later became famous actor in role of Dracula and other horror films, 1916
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: October 13th, 2020, 4:42 pm Sigmund Freud with his sons, Ernst and Martin, who served in the Austro-Hungarian Army in WWI, c. 1914

Bela Lugosi as lieutenant in Austro-Hungarian army in WW1 (served on Russian front), later became famous actor in role of Dracula and other horror films, 1916
The collars on those uniforms look very cool but they also look uncomfortable. Imagine being a guy with a short neck...It would be like wearing a neck brace... :laugh:
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

It does look like the collar is like a neck support. :teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hey, fall asleep on the battlefield you need to make the enemy think you are awake. :laugh:
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Watch, listen and learn.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:facepalm: Awwwwful :corn:
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Horrible Histories is wonderful. :thumbsup:
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here’s a unique story from World War One. The eastern front called a brief truce to kill a huge wolf pack that was eating dead bodies of soldiers, killing and eating wounded soldiers and hunting soldiers who ventured alone into the surrounding forest for whatever reason.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Very sad story, for the men, and wolves.
To bad all those men didn't get together, and go after the rulers, and rich bastards that pushed for that war.

I would say a lot of Russians ate some of those missing, a lot did later in Stalin's starvation campaign.