Tibet

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Tibet

This woolly wolf is a beautiful wolf. It’s apparently been separated from other wolves for about 800,000 years. It’s been seen in Nepal for the first time and I believe that it’s a very safe bet that it’s a Tibetan wolf. http://www.whitewolfpack.com/2016/05/th ... TfN2sU&m=1

The Woolly Wolf Is Spotted in Nepal for the First Time

With its smaller stature, long muzzle, and white fur coloration around the throat, chest, and belly, the Himalayan wolf looks different from than the gray wolves of Europe and North America.

Now scientists have proved that the differences are more than skin deep. By extracting genetic data from Himalayan wolf scat samples found in Nepal’s Annapurna Conservation Area—the first confirmed account of the presence of the critically endangered species in the country—researchers have proved that Himalayan wolves—also called woolly wolves—have been isolated from other wolves for at least 800,000 years.

As a result the population long ago diverged from the globally distributed dog-wolf group to become its own species, rather than a gray wolf subspecies.

The results were published April 21 in the journal ZooKeys.

But there’s a catch to the exciting news: Madhu Chetri, a researcher at Hedmark University of Applied Sciences in Elverum, Norway, and the lead author of the study, along with fellow researchers, have warned that the wolves are facing persecution from herders in the region, who are wary of the threat the animals pose to their livestock and livelihood.

“These genetically distinct Himalayan wolves deserve special conservation attention, at the same time that the conservation of this species in a context of human-wildlife conflict is challenging,” the scientists wrote in the paper. “A species action plan needs be formulated that develops mechanisms to minimize conflict, and strategies for motivating local communities towards wolf conservation.”

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I wonder what they are like, and can they be domesticated, very huggable looking :teehe:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The woolly wolf is an exceptionally beautiful canine.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

China has switched its focus back to Tibetans after the success that they have had with destroying the Uighur people of Xinjiang. Few people throw the brief history of Tibet in this short article. A lot of it I didn’t know either. https://ca.yahoo.com/news/china-residen ... 42079.html
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Sad about them loosing their heritage, and being being took away like that.
We kind of have that here with the Democrats controlling the school system with the takeover over the individual state ran schools we had.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

They are putting the Tibetan children into residential schools. I believe that it’s safe to assume that they saw the effectiveness of North American residential schools in destroying the native Americans cultures.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

There’s a tiny bit of free Tibet in India. Yes it’s a part of India but they are free to follow their builds and culture. China is trying to destroy it of course but India is protecting them as they are Bhutan. https://ca.yahoo.com/news/tawang-indian ... 00122.html
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Yaks look so cool. Cows with very long fur. These rare white yaks are some very beautiful cattle. https://archaeology24.com/tibetan-white ... rld-sthuy/

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The second tallest tree in the world has junior been discovered in Tibet it’s a species of Cyprus. Hopefully the Chinese won’t cut it f do own to spite the Tibetans. China has Howe been trying to preserve its Flora and fauna finally. This tree is the tallest in all of Asia. It must be something to see. https://www.newsweek.com/second-largest ... ty-1808376
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Gravitas does appear to have a pro India bias but for topic’s not involving India I have found Gravitas or WION to be top notch. This ten minute video explains the Tibet situation very well.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well China has been at war with them for decades now.
They better be careful, India might be not as tech savy as China, but they have numbers also, and more friends in the world.
I'm bias also, but India isn't pushing other countries into submission.

I love her comment on the British, (The British got into the picture, and that sentence usually means trouble for all parties.)
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I was hoping to learn about the rainbow 🌈 body in this video. The putting handprints in rocks I’ve heard of many times s I’ve heard of th travelling in that almost flying/running. The time travelling I would like to learn more about.
genocide088

Gary Oak wrote: June 21st, 2020, 4:13 pm Tibetan girls have a unique personality and charm.
These girls in this pagaent very very average bodies as you can tell none of them have a 6 pack as none workout.

Only was friends with 1 Tibetian girl she was cute somewhat and very much a tomboy. Like extremely took part in our small baseball games and ice hockey she did come to the rink and watch. Like she had no other friends and just hung out with us. Her mother was into knitting constantly all these Tibetan bags and everything else. Some of which to sell.

Cant comment on the Chinese abuse of them as really dont know. But will say living up in the mountains whether it be Tibet, Bhutan, Nepal and rest of the hill tribes south east asia its a tough dam life. And yes little oxygen. I do believe the very reason anyone first headed up the mountain was as alredy they were foreigners/refugees/unwanted peoples (cant really exactly explain but hope you get the reasoning as to why live up a great big mountian) where ever they did stay as this 100% not a optimal place to stay. Not that they preferred to be there.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I wonder if she didn’t act like a tomboy just to have some friends. It may have been lonely for her to be in Toronto with no other Tibetans around and possibly you guys were the only ones that would accept her and being a tomboy was to try and fit in. Did you check out the video of the lamas psychic abilities ?
genocide088

There are other Tibetans in Toronto. You picked the wrong city as Toronto has the largest Tibetan population any city in north america. see below

as her mother was even on some tibetan cultural centre. and did make and sell alot of her tibetan crafts there to other. there is also a area in toronto called little tibet. and about 50 tibetan restarants just in toronto.

And also like there are also many girls she could have just hanged out with from many countries. That would be the first thing a girl would do.
So eihter was just her and circumstance. It was definetly thou quite strange as never did i ever see any other girls no matter they were from ONLY hang around with men.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Tibet,_Toronto
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I only know of one Tibetan restaurant in Vancouver and just assumed that they are as rare in that rest of Canada. I’ve never seen a Tibetan tomboy.