..Guns Guns & More Guns

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: ..Guns Guns & More Guns

Odinson wrote: January 10th, 2023, 1:16 am Do you guys know what that is?

:teehe:

A photoshop????

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: January 11th, 2023, 1:28 pm

A photoshop????
No.

Its the Mauser Tankgewehr.

13,2x92mm.

Its essentially an upscaled bolt-action rifle meant for disabling WW1 tanks.

The woman is small but the rifle is also very large.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: January 11th, 2023, 1:51 pm

A photoshop????
No.

13,2x92mm.

I figured it had to be something military because the look of the barrel band front sight.

Funny that it doesn't look like a Mauser action. Can't really tell front the pic but it looks to be a push feed type of action which is not typical of a mauser.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I'm sticking with the midget in a closet comment :spit:

Look at the stocks size, it would be hard for any regular sized man to shoulder the thing, not that you would get me to try.
I figured it was a tank gun for the size, just didn't know what it was.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 11th, 2023, 3:16 pm I'm sticking with the midget in a closet comment :spit:

Look at the stocks size, it would be hard for any regular sized man to shoulder the thing, not that you would get me to try.
I did a little research on that thing and the pic does look shopped. Either that or the woman is as you say.."a midget".

Apparently those 13mm rifles were big and needed to be fired from a bipod but that looks enormous. Also, I'm highly suspect as to it's effectiveness. Maybe it could damage the tin can mechanized armor of WWI but I doubt it could do very much against the later tank designs of the 3Os and 40s.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Better perspective, and I think the gun was around 5'7".

They could tank out tanks, the big part was the round bouncing around inside the tank hitting the crew.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: January 12th, 2023, 10:53 am
Blue Frost wrote: January 11th, 2023, 3:16 pm I'm sticking with the midget in a closet comment :spit:

I did a little research on that thing and the pic does look shopped. Either that or the woman is as you say.."a midget".

Apparently those 13mm rifles were big and needed to be fired from a bipod but that looks enormous. Also, I'm highly suspect as to it's effectiveness. Maybe it could damage the tin can mechanized armor of WWI but I doubt it could do very much against the later tank designs of the 3Os and 40s.
The gun is probably around 8 inches longer than she is.

She is the optimal height. :teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

She might not be a midget, but shes close, and more like a foot, and a half shorter than the gun.
She might be 5 foot, might.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: January 11th, 2023, 1:59 pm
Odinson wrote: January 11th, 2023, 1:51 pm

A photoshop????
No.

13,2x92mm.

I figured it had to be something military because the look of the barrel band front sight.

Funny that it doesn't look like a Mauser action. Can't really tell front the pic but it looks to be a push feed type of action which is not typical of a mauser.
Its a single shot rifle.

It was effective against British mark IV tanks which were the best at the time.

Some of the early 30´s tanks were too lightly armored... This rifle would have probably penetrated some of them.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 12th, 2023, 11:10 am Better perspective, and I think the gun was around 5'7".

They could tank out tanks, the big part was the round bouncing around inside the tank hitting the crew.
That's a creepy picture.

Look at the guys coming out of the hole... There like half dressed.. And there is a guy peering out from the deep dark recesses with a maniacal grim on his face. WTF was going on in that trench?... Never mind I don't really want to know...:unsure: :think: :o

On a more normal note they are smoking pipes... I hate the smell of most tobacco but I love the smell of pipe tobacco. My grandfather smoked a pipe and as a kid I couldn't get enough of the smell. The smell was so comforting and homey.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

The WW1 pics often look haunting.

Its the black and white coloring... And the remastering often brings out the white in their eyes.

And you would think the trenches were full of 50+ year old men. :teehe:

The two dudes holding the T-Gewehr are probably 23 years old. :laugh:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: January 12th, 2023, 10:45 pm The WW1 pics often look haunting.

Its the black and white coloring... And the remastering often brings out the white in their eyes.

Regardless, I think those guys were getting weird in that hole... :laugh:

The guys with the rifle look like officers. They have ties on and clean uniforms. They are probably older than 23.

Judging from your posting time... You were up late last night.... Too cold to sleep? I guess up there around the artic circle this time of year it's pretty fucking cold.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

That's likely the command bunker, and those are officers most likely.

I tried measuring that girl on the photo last night, I came up with 4 feet 8 inches, midget about fits her.
The gun is a good foot taller than her, but that's just a guess, maybe her lower leg's are longer than I estimated.

At the Patton Museum they had anti tank guns about 10 feet long, but those where for WW2 tanks.
A lot more updated looking also.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: January 13th, 2023, 9:30 am
Odinson wrote: January 12th, 2023, 10:45 pm The WW1 pics often look haunting.

Regardless, I think those guys were getting weird in that hole... :laugh:

The guys with the rifle look like officers. They have ties on and clean uniforms. They are probably older than 23.

Judging from your posting time... You were up late last night.... Too cold to sleep? I guess up there around the artic circle this time of year it's pretty fucking cold.
The indoor temperature in my house is the same year round... Around 23 - 24 Celsius.
The costs just increase the colder it gets outside. :teehe:

Its a German trench and I´m guessing they were looking through stuff and throwing them out of the bunker.

The stuff on the ground is German.

The guy on the right has letters "N" and "Z" on his helmet... New Zealand.

I believe the insignia on his helmet is the artillery cap badge. :think:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I turned my temp down, and the gas still went up. :angry: Ill say it straight, up yours democrats.
Now they are talking about more taxes on the gas, and electric.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 13th, 2023, 9:59 pm I turned my temp down, and the gas still went up. :angry: Ill say it straight, up yours democrats.
The would change their tune real fast if we start shooting them. It will come to that if things keep progressing as the are.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: January 15th, 2023, 5:51 pm
Blue Frost wrote: January 13th, 2023, 9:59 pm I turned my temp down, and the gas still went up. :angry: Ill say it straight, up yours democrats.
The would change their tune real fast if we start shooting them. It will come to that if things keep progressing as the are.
Renee I think thats what they want, they are just seeing how far they can push us first.
Congress just gave themself in that big spending bill I think 2.5 million a piece for security, I have to ask why, and why not spend that on our protection from their failed policies.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

My electricity went from dirt cheap to cheap as hell.

I had to turn off the aquarium discoteca lights.

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 15th, 2023, 6:30 pm
Renee wrote: January 15th, 2023, 5:51 pm
Renee I think thats what they want, they are just seeing how far they can push us first.
Congress just gave themself in that big spending bill I think 2.5 million a piece for security, I have to ask why, and why not spend that on our protection from their failed policies.
If that is what they want, then they are playing with fire. If it comes down to bullets, the George Floyd riots will look like a walk in the park in comparison. An ideological civil war will be a disaster of epic proportions. It will be the end of the so called American experiment. And perhaps that's not such a bad thing considering what it has become....

A lot of people are pissed off and Trump keeps pouring gasoline on the fire. Unless this new house majority starts reigning in the communist agenda (and lets call it what it is, shall we?) shit in this country is going to explode.