..Guns Guns & More Guns

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: ..Guns Guns & More Guns

Blue Frost wrote: January 20th, 2023, 1:27 pm If the Armorer did their job it wouldn't matter if Baldwin loaded it himself after.
Just saying.
Regardless. Do you trust someone when they hand you a firearm or do you do a check of the chamber and or mag? Even if I know the weapon isn't loaded I do a check. Even when I take my own guns out of the safe the first thing I do is check to see if it is unloaded. Force of habit. It was drummed into my head to do that.

Alec Baldwin is an absolute moron and the armorer is something akin to a retard. Neither of them should be allowed access to anything more dangerous than a plastic spoon for the duration of their useless, liberal, lives.

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 1:14 pm
Blue Frost wrote: January 20th, 2023, 1:27 pm If the Armorer did their job it wouldn't matter if Baldwin loaded it himself after.
Just saying.
Regardless. Do you trust someone when they hand you a firearm or do you do a check of the chamber and or mag? Even if I know the weapon isn't loaded I do a check. Even when I take my own guns out of the safe the first thing I do is check to see if it is unloaded. Force of habit. It was drummed into my head to do that.
That's about what I'm saying, he likely checked it, and the Armorer likely did also if any account.
Baldwin in my mind is a murder proof positive, or not, he had the weapon on hand, and either put the bullets in, or didn't check the weapon, guilty.
I always check the weapon, and so does anyone responsible, he has range time with proper supervision in Hollywierd under his belt, he knows better.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh: Reminds me of the midget with the anti tank gun
'
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 9:34 pm :laugh: Reminds me of the midget with the anti tank gun
'
That's one big ass piece.... Think he's compensating for something?... :laugh:

The crazy part of this is you just know that some hysterical, anti-gun, liberal, imbecile will think that pic is real... :kez:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Pull it out at the next BLM riot, or ANTEFAS :laugh:
I have seen old punt guns that big, and bigger for taking out flocks of birds.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 25th, 2023, 11:24 am Pull it out at the next BLM riot, or ANTEFAS :laugh:
I have seen old punt guns that big, and bigger for taking out flocks of birds.
Yeah but black powder punt guns haven't been used in a long time. Most states outlawed commercial waterfowl hunting by the mid 19th century.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Of course, they made whole species extinct using those things.
I have seen one decades back, it's in someones private collection, big heavy, and ugly as hell.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 26th, 2023, 1:11 pm Of course, they made whole species extinct using those things.
I have seen one decades back, it's in someones private collection, big heavy, and ugly as hell.
Yeah, they weren't exactly things of beauty. "Ugly as hell" is probably an understatement. They usually look like they were made in someone's backyard shed out of pig iron and scrap wood.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: January 27th, 2023, 10:53 am
Blue Frost wrote: January 26th, 2023, 1:11 pm Of course, they made whole species extinct using those things.
Yeah, they weren't exactly things of beauty. "Ugly as hell" is probably an understatement. They usually look like they were made in someone's backyard shed out of pig iron and scrap wood.
Pretty much the look, but the whole thought of them are crude being what they where used for.
The one I saw looked like a giant flintlock, or more a blunderbuss, I sure wouldn't want to be near the end of it when it was fired.
I would think it was used a lot the shape it was in, or found in a marsh, the wood was moldy looking, and greasy likely from old grease.
I wonder it it was worth anything :think:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

I'm thinking of building a tactical shotgun for home defense and some minor recreational use. I have some choices... I'm going to use either a Winchester or Mossberg platform but I can't decide between a 12 gauge or a 20, an 18" barrel or a 20", foldable or fixed stock, a red dot or just a ghost ring, choke tubes or just a plain cylinder bore.

Any suggestions or opinions?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Ill go with 12 just because ease of getting ammo, but there is something to say for the power of the 18, and 20.
I thought about getting a mossburg 500, or two just to put near the doors.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 2:54 pm Ill go with 12 just because ease of getting ammo, but there is something to say for the power of the 18, and 20.
I thought about getting a mossburg 500, or two just to put near the doors.
I'm leaning toward the Winchester defender only because for some reason the mossberg 500, the Maverick 88 guns are in the security configuration are very hard to get right now. There are a lot of first time shotgun buyers out there that have no clue and just want to cowboy this shit because of what they see on the internet.

The Mossy 590 is a nice gun for home defense as well but they want too much money for what you get. I think because the 590 is used by the miltary, Mossberg thinks they can charge real money for their cheap ass pumps.

Now 12 or 20? I'm leaning toward 20 gauge because 20ga #3 buck is a pretty devastating round in close quarters. A 20 tends to be a little lighter and more maneuverable but accessories are harder to find and the availability of ammo choices are a lot less than 12 gauge..... This is a tough one for me. I'm usually more certain when it comes to buying a gun..... decisions, decisions... :laugh:

Funny how this is a uniquely American thing... :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

There is a lot of good about the 18 also, if ammo was more available I would buy those.
They make a nice tight hole in things.

$560 and doesn't even have a stock :teehe:
They tried to make a cool name for it though, the MOSSBERG 590 SHOCKWAVE LASER SADDLE
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 7th, 2023, 11:53 am There is a lot of good about the 18 also, if ammo was more available I would buy those.
They make a nice tight hole in things.

$560 and doesn't even have a stock :teehe:
They tried to make a cool name for it though, the MOSSBERG 590 SHOCKWAVE LASER SADDLE
Have you ever fired one of those shockwaves?.... I have in 20 ga. With buckshot loads, to say it was "obnoxious" is an understatement. Follow up shots are slow because of it's lack of recoil control and accuracy????.... Well there is none because patterning is all over the place.

That's an example of the cowboy shit I'm taking about. It's all about the "cool" and not about the life saving functionality or utilitarian use of a home defense shotgun. People who buy those awful things should use them as a delivery system for a lead enema.

The same can be said for those dopey "mare's legs" that are made from copies of the winchester 1892 lever action rifles. They are usually bought by the hot dog types all trying to be Steve McQueen.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh:
I agree Renee, it's all about the cool, and not the protection, and safety.
Personally I like a 28" inch barrel on most Shotguns, and rifles, but do enjoy my 18" double barrel which will devastate anyone within 20 yards.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 8th, 2023, 8:33 pm :laugh:
I agree Renee, it's all about the cool, and not the protection, and safety.
Personally I like a 28" inch barrel on most Shotguns, and rifles, but do enjoy my 18" double barrel which will devastate anyone within 20 yards.
On hunting or target guns, I like a 28" on O/U or SxS. I prefer a 26" on semi-autos or pumps because of the extra length the receiver adds. A 28" on most autos or pumps is too damn long to maneuver in heavy cover. 2" doesn't sound like much but it's surprising what a difference it makes.

I think I'm going to go with another Winchester SXP with an 18" barrel, possibly 20ga. The 26" 20ga sxp field I have knocks down birds and clays like nobody's business. And the inertia driven pump is slick and super easy to use. Winchester ain't lying when they say it almost pumps itself. The only thing I don't like is the location of the safety. It's in front of the trigger so for me, it's kind of counterintuitive to use.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I looked at the Winchester SXP, it's real simple, and easy breaking it down for cleaning.
The poly one would be great for what I want, just sits in the closet by the door just in case.
I think when I looked at them they went for about $260, bet you can't get one now for that.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 10th, 2023, 3:43 pm I looked at the Winchester SXP, it's real simple, and easy breaking it down for cleaning.
The poly one would be great for what I want, just sits in the closet by the door just in case.
I think when I looked at them they went for about $260, bet you can't get one now for that.
Yes the SXP breaks down incredibly easy and not to mention that it has a chrome lined chamber and bore so it makes cleaning super easy.

I'm leaning toward the OD Green defender version. It's new for this year. It has a synthetic stock and the metal parts have a green colored corrosion resistant finish. It also threaded for choke tubes. It will make a nice truck gun once I move down to NC in a few years. Unfortunately it's not in-stock in most places yet.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

They are made in Turkey so maybe look around you might find the same gun for less money without the brand name.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 12th, 2023, 1:00 pm They are made in Turkey so maybe look around you might find the same gun for less money without the brand name.
The Steven's 310 is a copy of the Winchester 1300 just like the SXP. It's made in China so I won't touch that with a 10 foot pole. Fuck the CCP. It's also junk. Not a single review that I can find says it's the same quality as the Winchester. Rough action and poor material quality, substandard fit and finish.

Yes the SXP is made in Turkey but it's made to the Herstal group's specifications under license with Winchester. I read where the president of Winchster said that the SXP is not just some knock-off product it has several improvements designed by Winchester over the old 1300; namely a stiffer more durable receiver, chrome bore and chamber, a more contoured barrel and different frame sizes between 12 and 20ga. They have been out on the market for at least 15 years and have developed a good reputation for reliability and durability as well.

Most other trukish pumps I've seen are garbage. Cheap, unreliable, crap that you can't get warrantee work done should something break. Tristar is about the only other importer of Turkish pump guns that I would trust but they don't quite offer what I looking for.