..Guns Guns & More Guns

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: ..Guns Guns & More Guns

Interesting stuff, sounds like he deserves his rights back.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Cops are more likely because they think they can get away with it, and most the time they do.
I have seen them myself pull guns without reason just because they could, I had them pulled on me for speeding 5-10 over, and my former friends I had.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Fumy how that works, and liberals want that.
Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Po Pot, Chavez, even in history of America, the natives gave up their guns.
Also look back before guns, Scottish, Irish, people under Roman control giving up their weapons.
Better to be armed than put in a mass grave, or left on a field someplace because you didn't have a chance.

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Looks like states like NJ and NY are going to become "shall issues" carry states... :stars: I'm in danger of losing my elite gun toting status... :laugh:

It remains to be seen just how difficult Governor Prog, Potato Head, Murphy and his liberal cohorts in the NJ legislature make legal carry after the fact. Right now they are diligently working on ways to make legal carry a complete pain in the ass for the law abiding citizen but as in the usual scumbag liberal way, not one blessed thing is being done to prevent criminals from carrying and using guns. Hypocrisy rules in the liberal world.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The Supreme court did you all right this time, but yes they will make it a nuisance for you guys.
Also anyone in a so called crime with a permit will be took out to dry.

I do think they should have mandatory training, and proof of a safe, or vault when the gun needs secured.
Back in the 90s over a hundred thousand guns a year where being stolon, and of course those stolon are in the hands of criminals.
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: June 28th, 2022, 3:04 pm Looks like states like NJ and NY are going to become "shall issues" carry states... :stars: I'm in danger of losing my elite gun toting status... :laugh:

It remains to be seen just how difficult Governor Prog, Potato Head, Murphy and his liberal cohorts in the NJ legislature make legal carry after the fact. Right now they are diligently working on ways to make legal carry a complete pain in the ass for the law abiding citizen but as in the usual scumbag liberal way, not one blessed thing is being done to prevent criminals from carrying and using guns. Hypocrisy rules in the liberal world.
Congrats on your new found potential freedoms! I'm shocked they reversed that, since technically the 2A only applies to your own property... Something you've disagreed with me on before, but something that is FACT!
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: June 28th, 2022, 3:56 pm I do think they should have mandatory training, and proof of a safe, or vault when the gun needs secured.
Back in the 90s over a hundred thousand guns a year where being stolon, and of course those stolon are in the hands of criminals.
I don't disagree. Most of the problems in both Canada and the US are due to stolen/illegally smuggled guns. Canada does have regulations on how guns are to be stored. These regs aren't to prevent me from opening my own gun safe, but to prevent others from doing so easily.

We do have mandatory training here as a requirement... One day course for long gun, and another day added for handgun/AR-style (restricted) endorsement. It's focused on knowing how a variety of guns work. Actions are explained, and clearing a chamber in any sort of firearm is not only explained, but is expected to be performed by every student on every firearm. Instructor will bring 20+ guns that he decided to bring along.

You WORK those actions!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: June 29th, 2022, 2:44 am
Blue Frost wrote: June 28th, 2022, 3:56 pm I do think they should have mandatory training, and proof of a safe, or vault when the gun needs secured.
I don't disagree. Most of the problems in both Canada and the US are due to stolen/illegally smuggled guns. Canada does have regulations on how guns are to be stored. These regs aren't to prevent me from opening my own gun safe, but to prevent others from doing so easily.

We do have mandatory training here as a requirement... One day course for long gun, and another day added for handgun/AR-style (restricted) endorsement. It's focused on knowing how a variety of guns work. Actions are explained, and clearing a chamber in any sort of firearm is not only explained, but is expected to be performed by every student on every firearm. Instructor will bring 20+ guns that he decided to bring along.

You WORK those actions!
I'm a bit of a stickler for keeping my guns locked up except for the one on hand which I take with me most everywhere.
The training I think should be proper handling of the gun, and safety, unless you had training in say military, or law enforcement. Some still need it then even I have noticed.
Maybe some local laws added in, and responsible reasons you can pull it out on someone, again some cops still need that one also.
Someone like me would have to be trained even though I have had guns like 45 years now, but that's alright I guess.

Personally for me I would like some proper training since I know I am stuck in my old ways, and maybe need some change.
Good to always learn you know.

As for the comment for Renee, our rights don't stop at the door, or property line.
For protection, Invasion, or tyrannical actions from government you need a weapon on hand.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: June 29th, 2022, 2:24 am
Renee wrote: June 28th, 2022, 3:04 pm Looks like states like NJ and NY are going to become "shall issues" carry states... :stars: I'm in danger of losing my elite gun toting status... :laugh:

Congrats on your new found potential freedoms! I'm shocked they reversed that, since technically the 2A only applies to your own property... Something you've disagreed with me on before, but something that is FACT!
Okay, tell me Mr. Constitutional Scholar, where does it say that the 2nd Amend is limited to your own property?
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

This is interesting, guess I need not have a safe just for ammo, just some drywall over it :teehe:

Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: June 30th, 2022, 2:42 pm Okay, tell me Mr. Constitutional Scholar, where does it say that the 2nd Amend is limited to your own property?
You live in New Jersey, and you somehow doubt your State cannot dictate what you can and cannot possess in public? Are you kidding me? You KNOW it has been ruled that the 2A is technically limited to your own personal property, and anything more is just a privilege. You view it differently, but I view it in absolutes...

You can make fun of Canadians for having to follow all these BS laws, but is Jersey any better? Jersey has Felony type charges for simple possession of BB guns... Kiss your real guns goodbye then, when your BB gun gets you a Felony!

On a related note, the Graves Act.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: July 1st, 2022, 4:24 am
Renee wrote: June 30th, 2022, 2:42 pm Okay, tell me Mr. Constitutional Scholar, where does it say that the 2nd Amend is limited to your own property?
You live in New Jersey, and you somehow doubt your State cannot dictate what you can and cannot possess in public? Are you kidding me? You KNOW it has been ruled that the 2A is technically limited to your own personal property, and anything more is just a privilege. You view it differently, but I view it in absolutes...

You can make fun of Canadians for having to follow all these BS laws, but is Jersey any better? Jersey has Felony type charges for simple possession of BB guns... Kiss your real guns goodbye then, when your BB gun gets you a Felony!

On a related note, the Graves Act.
Granted NJ gun laws are excessively restrictive, am ridiculous, just like Canada. But I am not arguing that and your attempts at deflection hold no water with me.

Now tell or show me WHERE the 2nd Amendment only applies to arms in your home.... Go ahead, I will wait.

BTW, Just so you know, bb guns are perfectly legal to own and sell in NJ so long as you have a firearms ID card and buy through an FFL. Transporting an air gun is also legal so long as you follow the state rules of transporting a firearm. You can even hunt with an air gun during the specified season. So what you are yammering about is anyone's guess.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

BB Guns ??? Firearm ???
What kind of BB guns are firearms, and where is the fire at ?
Who is the retards who came up with that Idea, and I wonder if my snap, and cap guns as a kid are more firearm than a BB gun is :laugh:

Gotta wonder how about a speargun
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: July 1st, 2022, 10:51 am BB Guns ??? Firearm ???
What kind of BB guns are firearms, and where is the fire at ?
Who is the retards who came up with that Idea, and I wonder if my snap, and cap guns as a kid are more firearm than a BB gun is :laugh:

Gotta wonder how about a speargun
NJs gun laws are crazy stupid. That's one thing (probably the only thing) Mel is right about. NJ law classes anything that fires a projectile from an enclosed bore as a firearm. You need an FIOD to buy or possess a firearm and that includes bb guns, pellet guns, paint ball and air soft guns. It's the pinnacle of idiocy but no one ever said that liberal, douche bag, politicians were smart, ethical or even knew what they were doing.

And people wonder why I hate liberals so vehemently. From the liberal voters, to the ignorant arogant politicians the elect,...They are all dumber than dirt and twice as annoying. I would like nothing more than to make liberals into an endangered species all over this country. Round them up and ship them all to Canada or Europe where they obviously belong. They do NOT belong here in the US.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

That would categorize a straw, and spit wad as a firearm, totally retarded.
I'm surprised some lawyers hasn't pointed out the ATF's definition of a firearm.
The kids Nerf gun by the sound needs an FFL dealer. :wacko:
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: July 1st, 2022, 1:41 pm Round them up and ship them all to Canada
What makes you think we want them?

But I use your State as an example, as some of your laws regarding 'firearms' (BB guns as example) are stricter than ours. So for this reason I argue your belief that the Second Amendment gives you inalienable rights to own and possess simply isn't true. They can dictate what you can possess in public, how that can be possessed in public, and where that can be possessed in public. You know this to be true.

This is why I state that the 2A really only applies to private property, since they can and will regulate you hard the minute you leave your property. Your State is a perfect example of that.

Prove me wrong!
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: July 1st, 2022, 2:24 pm That would categorize a straw, and spit wad as a firearm, totally retarded.
I'm surprised some lawyers hasn't pointed out the ATF's definition of a firearm.
It's true! In Jersey that shit can get you a Felony!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: July 1st, 2022, 5:39 pm
Blue Frost wrote: July 1st, 2022, 2:24 pm That would categorize a straw, and spit wad as a firearm, totally retarded.
It's true! In Jersey that shit can get you a Felony!
I'm really surprised a good lawyer hasn't stopped that, but being with New York it's the first place in the nation with stupid gun laws.
Most gun laws, but still more crime than all the old west.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: July 1st, 2022, 11:32 pm I'm really surprised a good lawyer hasn't stopped that, but being with New York it's the first place in the nation with stupid gun laws.
Most gun laws, but still more crime than all the old west.
Yep. Jersey gun laws are my Kryptonite when Renee starts talking tough about the 2A... She knows some of those laws are even worse than here in Canada, so I remind her! :laugh: