Borneo

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Borneo

I was in Borneo. I never made it to Kalimintan but Malaysian Boneo is beautiful and safe as is Brunei and it isn't very muslim either :thumbsup: This newly discovered population of about 200 orang humans comes after a population a five or so years ago of 2,000 approximately was discovered. If these populations could remain undiscovered until so recently then I imagine that there are more populations out there too and... why couldn't a population of hobbits still be hiding out then as well ? Their bones have beenm found and there are stories. Borneo is a beautiful friendly place

http://www.livescience.com/28640-orangu ... orneo.html

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Borneo

The hobbit people had bigger brains so maybe they are hiding in a valley, would be neat to see them wouldn't it.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

http://www.mountaintorq.com/about-mount ... t-kinabalu

Mount Kinabalu is beautiful. Malaysian Borneo isn't very muslim and the malays are fun and friendly. I haven't been to Indonesian Kalimintan but Malaysian borneo is very safe. The death penalty for drugs has been very effective
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have seen a lot of stuff on Borneo, it is a nice looking place. Poverty is bad in places, but the people don't really even know they are poor :) so are they ?
Maybe us will all out toys, and games are the poor ones.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

indonesian Borneo [ Kalimantan ] i imagine is thrid world but malaysian borneo is not. Mohamet Mahathir though not politicaly correct did a very good job of improving Malaysias economy up and Brunei is a very wealthy tiny country
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I hope they do well, just wish the native species of animals would fare as well. There animal reserves isn't number 1 on their list, and endangered species has got little help till recently.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Indonesia Environmental catastrophe including Borneo

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2013/0 ... apWSL-ffjB

At least Malaysia has part of Borneo. Indonesia has an amazing flora and fauna and unfortuniately because of Indonesia being so irresponsible they are at risk and are stressed
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:cry: so sad, and cruel them doing that to the orang, they don't deserve such cruelty.
I think government should do more to help them, and have harsh punishments like in Africa for the poachers in many areas.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The Wild Woman Of Borneo In 1913

[video][/video]

Well times have changed sing 1913 exactly 100 years ago but you can see the Indonesian and filiipas in Hong Kong practicing their dancing on Sundays even today :thumbsup:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Nice dance :) I love those old films, funny how they ran :)
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Borneo

Malaysian and Brunei Borneo are two beautiful places and I do want to return someday. I haven't been to Kalimentan yet so I can't say anything about what that is like.

Oldest ever figurative painting discovered in Borneo cave

Depiction of cow-like animal has been dated to around 40,000 years old

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/scie ... 22256.html

I don't know if the cave paintings were discovered in this newly discovered huge cave but it is something to see.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/maga ... er-borneo/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Borneo

The area looks like something from an old Doug McClure movie, it's primordial looking. I always wanted to go explore those caves myself, read about them many years ago when I could do that kind of stuff, but couldn't afford to go.
There is many older paintings out there though. In Africa, Spain, China even.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Borneo

I do recommend Malaysian Borneo and Brunei however I have never been to Indonesia’s Kalimantan so I cannot recommend Indonesia’s large part of Borneo. It is comparably safe there and not as third world as most of Southeast Asia. I do want to return and also go to Kalimantan. I have a strong desire to get to the top of mount Kinabalu next time.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Borneo

Nice to have a goal, mine is gone now, but I hope you reach the top :)
I used to like climbing, and delving into caves, but that seems far gone now. If not for my neck, and back though I would be out there.
Maybe some day Ill get fixed enough to explore my own back yard again, we have a few caves around.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Borneo

This creature is also qualifies for the cryptozoology thread. https://www.disclose.tv/real-life-drago ... 85E4yel0fI

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Borneo

That has to be one of the coolest looking lizards on the planet.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Yet another thought extinct animal has been found living in the jungles of Borneo.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

These unusual dolphins have now been discovered in the diminishing wilds of Borneo. https://nature-creatures.com/2021/09/12 ... rfIpLnVhlQ

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member