The Bible discussion thread

General talk, and discussion.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

That's what I understand to ... that the wine wasn't as potent. But even if it was, there's nothing in the Bible that says you can't drink. I'm not sure why some people are so hung up about drinking.

Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The bible does say keep a sober mind don't it ?
Whats with all the drunk priest ??? :wacko:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Oh, there's definitely a lot of drunkenness recorded there! I guess the part that says "be not drunk with wine" has never been taken too seriously. :kez:
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Keep a sober mind is in there also, and how many people can be sober drinking wine like many do, or other harder drinks.
I actually think anything that can alter your mind is not good in bible terms.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

I totally agree with that. I was just having a discussion with my daughter's friend, who just took a course on how to hypnotize people. I don't think I agree with hypnotism because it means giving control of your mind to someone else. I disagree with the concept on both practical and religions grounds.
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I never thought of that, but your right I believe. Also maybe keeping an open mind applies, and not letting people lead by the nose.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

http://tommyharkey.blogspot.ca

Take a look at the coincidences with these blood moons. That is 7 years exactly from the 2008 Rosh Hashana biggest market drop in history which was seven years exactly from day one in the war on terror with the 1st day of bombing in Afghanistan on Rosh Hashana 2001. Rosh Hashana is the Jewish holiday for the beginning of the world and is also known as the day that nobody knows. Some speculate that as Rosh Hashana is known as the day that nobody knows is the day that the rapture will happen as the bible says that no man knows the day nor hour.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

And he will come as a thief in the night.
Don't mean he's coming at night, or that anyone has an Idea when. and as a thief can come, just be prepared :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Take it or leave it, but views are welcome :) I'm not a worshiper so not going to hurt my feelings :teehe:

beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Blue Frost wrote:Take it or leave it, but views are welcome :) I'm not a worshiper so not going to hurt my feelings :teehe:
I sort of agree with what they are getting at about getting hung up on denominational identities, however, I still firmly believe that most congregations irregardless of denomination are made up of people who are Christians, (and some people who think they are but in reality aren't), and that these Christians are still the bride of Christ and He does take them as His own and so it goes that I don't think it is a worthwhile cause to try to do away with denominations as long as they get along.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I see that as adding to the word, and sorry to say that people are wasting their time in my view, and hell bound.
Like the old sacrifices of the Jews, your intent to do one didn't put your sins away for another year, you had to do what the law said to the letter.
James Arness

I have always had an aversion to the denominational churches. Decades later I discover that they all are controlled by freemasons. For example the baptist church has about 40,000 ministers who are freemasons. Many if not most televangelists are freemasons. The god of freemasonry in The Great Architect Of The Universe and do you know who he is ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I did not realize that, any more info on them, and who the ones are .
Pat Robertson maybe, Jim Backer ?

Sorry I missed your post last night.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

I have no problem with denominations as long as they don't proclaim themselves the only way to God. One doesn't connect with God by being Baptist or Anglican, but by being a Christian.

Interestingly, most of the denominational disagreements are over little things that aren't "deal breakers" ... whether to baptize infants or adults or how church government should work. Ultimately, I think most denominations get along pretty well with each other.
Wag more, bark less.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Gary Oak wrote:http://tommyharkey.blogspot.ca

Take a look at the coincidences with these blood moons. That is 7 years exactly from the 2008 Rosh Hashana biggest market drop in history which was seven years exactly from day one in the war on terror with the 1st day of bombing in Afghanistan on Rosh Hashana 2001. Rosh Hashana is the Jewish holiday for the beginning of the world and is also known as the day that nobody knows. Some speculate that as Rosh Hashana is known as the day that nobody knows is the day that the rapture will happen as the bible says that no man knows the day nor hour.
This may be true, but it's not something I'm inclined to worry about. Besides, since no one knows the day nor hour, that would probably include the Rosh Hashana theorists. :)
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well one good thing about churches many don't realize is the help, and family you can gain from them.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I help sometimes, but not a member. :)
I think a lot of the older ladies there want to adopt me :teehe:
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Our sermon today was about forgiveness and it was very timely. I think I lost a friend this week ... she did some pretty nasty things to me in an effort to get a leg up at work. I've been really angry all week and have avoided talking to her because I was worried that I would say something I'd later regret. I was reminded this morning that as a Christian, I'm to turn the other cheek. I had thought about telling her off or getting revenge in some way, but I'm actually kind of relieved at the reminder that God is the one who will get revenge if and when He sees fit.

I've been praying about it all week and have been both hurt and angry and it was awesome in church this morning ... the anger all melted away. I still feel hurt, but it's nothing God Himself hasn't experienced. I'll be kind and cordial to her this week and not engage in the nasty talk that's going around the office. Maybe God can use me to help a few people with healing ... who knows ...
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I can forgive if someone apologizes, and means it.
Shen Li

I am not a believer, but I got to say that I am impressed with the reactions of both Fash and Shar.

Fash, if I experienced what you have this week I would not be so cheerful. In fact I think would be angry with your God. Shar, a co-worker puts one in my back and I will be looking for some payback. Turn the other cheek? Sorry, no can do.