The Bible discussion thread

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

God in the bible put things in motion, and has nothing to do with the weather or pain, and death since the new testament came into being.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

That's how I take it .
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Oh, she'll never apologize ... I've known her for 7 years and never once has she admitted that she made a mistake. But I can forgive because I've been forgiven when I didn't deserve it. :)

That's the thing about being a Christian ... you realize how absolutely wonderful it is to NOT get what you deserve (i.e., punishment) and you're free to give that to others.

I'll certainly learn from this and avoid putting myself in a position where she can do the same thing again, but I can forgive.

Besides, anger just eats you up inside and keeps you from moving on to a place where you can give and receive happiness. I don't want anyone to have that kind of control over me.
Wag more, bark less.
Shen Li

Sharlee wrote:Oh, she'll never apologize ... I've known her for 7 years and never once has she admitted that she made a mistake. But I can forgive because I've been forgiven when I didn't deserve it. :)

That's the thing about being a Christian ... you realize how absolutely wonderful it is to NOT get what you deserve (i.e., punishment) and you're free to give that to others.

I'll certainly learn from this and avoid putting myself in a position where she can do the same thing again, but I can forgive.

Besides, anger just eats you up inside and keeps you from moving on to a place where you can give and receive happiness. I don't want anyone to have that kind of control over me.
I get rid of my anger with revenge not forgiveness. Just being honest here.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Shen Li wrote: Fash, if I experienced what you have this week I would not be so cheerful. In fact I think would be angry with your God.
I'm guessing that Fashionista is counting her blessings. I can think of a bunch:

1) the damage was fairly limited;
2) she and her family had a free place to stay when they were told to evacuate;
3) her husband has the skills to do a lot if not all of the repairs;
4) their lives and health weren't impacted;
5) they had time to move their belongings to a safer place;
6) they have an income which will allow them to pay for repairs;
7) the house itself is a gift from God.

Fashionista probably has a bunch more ...
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I still feel the pain of a betrayal from many years ago, and will never forget it.
I have forgave the person, but never got an apology
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Shen Li wrote:
Sharlee wrote:Oh, she'll never apologize ... I've known her for 7 years and never once has she admitted that she made a mistake. But I can forgive because I've been forgiven when I didn't deserve it. :)

I get rid of my anger with revenge not forgiveness. Just being honest here.
And I appreciate your honesty. A lot of people say they forgive and then go through some passive aggressive form of revenge, which I find really hypocritical. I'll have to be on guard to make sure I don't do that.

The way I see it, there will always be people who throw mud at you. You have a choice ... you can either brush off the mud and keep going or you can wallow in it with them. Granted, the wallowing feels great for a while because revenge feels good in the short term ... but then you look around and realize you're stuck in the mud.
Wag more, bark less.
Shen Li

Sharlee wrote:
Shen Li wrote: Fash, if I experienced what you have this week I would not be so cheerful. In fact I think would be angry with your God.
I'm guessing that Fashionista is counting her blessings. I can think of a bunch:

Yep, all good points(except #7). You should have seen how bad some houses were they showed on the news. I feel bad for those people.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote:I still feel the pain of a betrayal from many years ago, and will never forget it.
The pain definitely keeps going for a while.

In the Bible, Peter asked Jesus how often he should forgive his brother ... 7 times? Jesus said 70 x 7. I don't think He literally meant 490 times ... I think He was more indicating that forgiveness should be unlimited. I think it's sometimes necessary to forgive someone over and over again for the same thing because the hurt will bring back the old feelings all over again.

When my xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, I was SOOOO hurt and angry ... it probably took me 10 years to get over the hurt and anger. It's absolutely wonderful now being able to think of him without wishing ill on him. It's very freeing. :)
Wag more, bark less.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Shen Li wrote:
Sharlee wrote:

Yep, all good points(except #7). You should have seen how bad some houses were they showed on the news. I feel bad those people.
I saw a few houses ... I'm sure some will have to be bulldozed as there has to be irreparable structural damage. :( I hope the government kicks in with some funding.
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Sharlee wrote:
Blue Frost wrote:I still feel the pain of a betrayal from many years ago, and will never forget it.
The pain definitely keeps going for a while.

In the Bible, Peter asked Jesus how often he should forgive his brother ... 7 times? Jesus said 70 x 7. I don't think He literally meant 490 times ... I think He was more indicating that forgiveness should be unlimited. I think it's sometimes necessary to forgive someone over and over again for the same thing because the hurt will bring back the old feelings all over again.

When my xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, I was SOOOO hurt and angry ... it probably took me 10 years to get over the hurt and anger. It's absolutely wonderful now being able to think of him without wishing ill on him. It's very freeing. :)
Well I hope the ill is gone, mine is towards one person who died :blush:
I try not to hate now, it's to much stress.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: Well I hope the ill is gone, mine is towards one person who died :blush:
I try not to hate now, it's to much stress.
Good for you. :thumbsup:
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's not worth loosing sleep over, I don't care, I loose enough of it.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Good news, but you likely already knew it True Believers :)

Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

bean's story in the Hello thread reminded me of this verse:

Philippians 4:19 - And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Wag more, bark less.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Yes, and I'm very happy. Tired, but happy. In the midst of the trouble, all kinds of bad thought filled my head, but then I drove them out and chose to forgive them, even before there was an 'apology'. :think: :roll: :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

We have to keep kicking Beanthere, if not for ourselves for others who care for us.
I look around everyday at who still needs me here, and keep pushing back the bad stuff marching on.
The ones who care is all that matter as you know.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

[video][/video]
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

"He said that whoever wanted to be great would have to be a servant (Matt. 20: 26).."

More of what I have said many times about just believing wont get you to heaven.
You have to follow the rules, and the covenant/ rules
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yeah many that is near death is some that's just a bit late like the people going to the wedding in the parable.