The Bible discussion thread

General talk, and discussion.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

It was suggested that I start a Bible Study thread since I seemed to make Biblical references in half the other threads tonight (sorry, some days I just can't control myself), so here it is!

Can I set up rules for a thread? All I'd ask is that we have a mature discussion and not ridicule each other or anyone else. We should feel free to give our opinions and to disagree ... but respectfully. :)

So ideas about how to get this discussion rolling? We could pick a book of the Bible to look at (I'd suggest the book of John because it talks about Jesus and what He did) or pick a topic to discuss.

Any suggestions?

Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I like parables, and Danial :) but feel free with John.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

I'll bet you root for the hungry lions in Daniel's story! :teehe:
Wag more, bark less.
Registered Guest
"Mr. ICONIC"
"Mr. ICONIC"

May I participate?,

I was asked to leave the Church when I was a Child, as I asked to many questions, that could not be answered.

I am as cold and as hard as stone.

R.G.
I don't concern myself, with other peoples thoughts. They can think what they want, and grind it around in their head. I always get a good nights rest. They however, are exhausted, thinking about me. My trade mark, :laugh: :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Not really, I like Danial, and the stories with him against the Idle worshipers.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Registered Guest wrote:May I participate?,

I was asked to leave the Church when I was a Child, as I asked to many questions, that could not be answered.

R.G.
:laugh: An Iconic stone
Registered Guest
"Mr. ICONIC"
"Mr. ICONIC"

Blue Frost wrote:
Registered Guest wrote:May I participate?,

R.G.
:laugh: An Iconic stone

Laughing at me already, are you. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I don't concern myself, with other peoples thoughts. They can think what they want, and grind it around in their head. I always get a good nights rest. They however, are exhausted, thinking about me. My trade mark, :laugh: :laugh:
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

RG, you may absolutely participate! I always told my kids that if they didn't question things, they weren't thinking very hard about them.

Just a warning, though ... I don't have all the answers. :)
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Alright how about In the Beginning ? :)

Good thing to teach your kids Sharlee, I live by that.
Registered Guest
"Mr. ICONIC"
"Mr. ICONIC"

Blue Frost wrote:Alright how about In the Beginning ? :)

Good thing to teach your kids Sharlee, I live by that.
OK, I think it went like this

In the beginning was good, and the good was good until it went bad.

I don't know the rest any more.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh: Close, In the Beginning there was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God .
Not that's a little different than the beginning of Genesis, but parallel since God spoke into existence the world, and the other creations.

John is like the starting of the new testament taking the place of the old, and Geneses the way I read it.
Trooper

i'm in.....however, one caveat.....if i backslide and call somebody an idiot....know it is said with love and please try and turn the other cheek.........i'll start by saying if you could only read one small portion of the bible i would recommend the first 7 chapters of Mathew.....all else is support material......my favorite book is Romans and even though i was raised hard core Missouri Synod Lutheran i love James........"faith without works is dead"....can't beat that for a concise, finite statement.

Has anyone ever been a member of Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) It is an International, world wide in depth bible study (run like a military version of AA)...very intense very good very rewarding...???
To every thing there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven:
Trooper

John is good......it has been a long time and i am a little rusty but will give it a go.....by the way, as a belated tribute to mothers day, does everyone know which one of the 10 commandments is the only one that implicitly comes with a promise from God. ???
To every thing there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy, :think: nope
Honour thy father and thy mother: :think: :scratch: :) your days will be long, and something like that. :think: Ill have to look that up soon, I forget.
Shen Li

Sharlee wrote:It was suggested that I start a Bible Study thread since I seemed to make Biblical references in half the other threads tonight (sorry, some days I just can't control myself), so here it is!

Can I set up rules for a thread? All I'd ask is that we have a mature discussion and not ridicule each other or anyone else. We should feel free to give our opinions and to disagree ... but respectfully. :)

So ideas about how to get this discussion rolling? We could pick a book of the Bible to look at (I'd suggest the book of John because it talks about Jesus and what He did) or pick a topic to discuss.

Any suggestions?
I am an atheist, so I don`t see myself participating much in this thread. If there are any biblical references to lower taxes or resource sector development, I am all ears.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

That place has a cost, and a set plan for you to travel to get there. If you stray of the path you are going in the other direction even as nice, and sincere as you can be.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

That don't mean if your not right with him you will get what he promised.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

What do any of you see as a proper baptism ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Might not be, but salvation you need to follow his laws.
You first have to repent, and be baptized. Ill not see that gift, and love since I have not.
Shen Li

Fashionista and Sharlee are both very kind people and I like both of them. However, the bible is a collection of man-made fairy tales and nothing more.

I will say though that it is harmless unlike that hate book called the Quran.