Multiverse?

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Romero

Multiverse?

Is our universe merely one of billions? Evidence of the existence of 'multiverse' revealed for the first time by cosmic map

The first 'hard evidence' that other universes exist has been found by scientists.

Cosmologists studying a map of the universe from data gathered by the Planck spacecraft have concluded that it shows anomalies that can only have been caused by the gravitational pull of other universes.

The map shows radiation from the Big Bang 13.8 billion years ago that is still detectable in the universe - known as cosmic microwave radiation.

Scientists had predicted that it should be evenly distributed, but the map shows a stronger concentration in the south half of the sky and a 'cold spot' that cannot be explained by current understanding of physics.

Laura Mersini-Houghton, theoretical physicist at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and Richard Holman, professor at Carnegie Mellon University, predicted that anomalies in radiation existed and were caused by the pull from other universes in 2005.

Now that she has studied the Planck data, Dr Mersini-Houghton believes her hypothesis has been proven.

Her findings imply there could be an infinite number of universes outside of our own.

She said: 'These anomalies were caused by other universes pulling on our universe as it formed during the Big Bang.

'They are the first hard evidence for the existence of other universes that we have seen.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... c-map.html
I've often wondered and certainly doubted whether our known universe could be the only thing in existence. We've discovered things that are smaller and smaller, so why wouldn't there be larger and larger? Are there universes within the smallest known or yet unknown particles? Is our universe just some small particle in something incomprehensibly larger? Was the Big Bang a common event like the birth of a star? Are there other dimensions? It wasn't too long ago that we assumed our solar system and the stars were the only things around. Now we know there's much, much more. In only recent years we've actually discovered nearly exactly how large and how old our universe is.

It's incredible. Even though we've just discovered exoplanets, hundreds of them, including Earth-like exoplanets, it seems practically trivial and expected nowadays. This was unknown science fiction only several years ago. Imagine what we'll discover years from now.

But here is what has always really blown me away. Bear with me.

First of all, whether there is a god/creator or not, it's both applicable and non-applicable, just to get that out of the way.

We know for a fact that there is what I'll simply call "something": ourselves, physical matter, energy, space, time, belief in a creator... whatever. Even if we don't exist or what we know of doesn't exist, the fact that we perceive it or imagine it proves something exists. If nothing existed then we wouldn't be feeling, seeing, perceiving or imagining anything. There would simply be nothing at all.

So, we know for a fact that something exists. The thing is, nothing can't create something. Therefore, regardless of our lack of understanding about physics, creation, space and time or whatever, something has always existed for absolute infinity.

How is it possible that something has always existed? Something had to come from something else. Where did it come from? There couldn't have been a beginning and there can't be an end, as it is not possible for nothing to ever exist.

The fact that there is something means there could never have been nothing and never can be nothing. Yet it's also impossible that something has always existed. It came from something but couldn't come from nothing.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Multiverse?

It would be interesting to think our universe is one of billions like our solar system is as in our universe.
Maybe some collide like the solar systems do here.
I have read sometimes the bubbles hit, and exotic matter comes through.
I'm not sold on the ideas, but why couldn't it be since space is so vast anyhow, and why is their a limit of the size anyhow.
It could be infinite.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

It's been known for many decades now that according to mathematics there are many dimensions right here. Will we one day have explorers explore these different universes ? Many believe that "aliens" are actually interdimensional beings
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

At least you believe in aliens Gary. Some Christians think that I'm a nut job when I talk about aliens.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The key word there I believe is "think" Do they actually think ? Do these same Christians think someone is a "hutjob" if they believe speaking in tongues is a gift from God ? I suspect that greys are demons. Are these different dimensions or parallel universes actually different dimensions of heaven and hell ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

We are talking multivariate one bumping to another, or close to it, M theory as you are speaking it alternate dimensions, 11 of them I believe.
They are all theory as we really have no solid proof yet.
As for aliens, could be many species out there, but visitors here I yet to see any evidence.
I think a lot of people don't give our own species credit for having ingenuity to do great things .
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The Swedish genius Swedenborg who nobody has heard about could also out of body travel at will and being a genius scientist he explored this out of body realm with a scientific genius mind. He recorded that he met beings from other planets. His genius was on a par with the other great such as Da Vinci and his inventions were too yet nobody has heard of him. He was Swedens top mathematician and could speak many languages. Could it be that the discoveries he made out of body are being suppressed and this is why nobody has heard of him ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Last I read of him he was a bit far out, and as nuts as the nuts he talked about.
He did have some interesting thoughts though in his book Heaven and Hell.
I have to agree he was genius, but many are that's not right .
Romero

[quote]Big Bang A 'Mirage' Caused By A 4D Black Hole?

The idea that the explosion of a singularity was responsible for the birth of our Universe has been the dominant scientific creation story for decades. We call it the Big Bang.

But what caused the Big Bang?

Physicists usually dismiss the question as nonsense, since time did not exist before the Universe began expanding. Everything before t=0 is unknowable.

But what if the Big Bang was "just a mirage"? What if our Universe was really created by the death of a four-dimensional black hole?

That's the startling theory proposed in a new paper by Canadian Niayesh Afshordi, an astrophysicist at the Perimeter Institute in Waterloo, Ontario.

The idea is in the domain of "brane cosmology," which posits that our Universe is a "brane" contained within a higher-dimensional "bulk" universe.

Ashfordi's team realized that if the bulk universe contained its own four-dimensional (4D) stars, some of them could collapse, forming 4D black holes in the same way that massive stars in our Universe do: they explode as supernovae, violently ejecting their outer layers, while their inner layers collapse into a black hole.
In our Universe, a black hole is bounded by a spherical surface called an event horizon. Whereas in ordinary three-dimensional space it takes a two-dimensional object (a surface) to create a boundary inside a black hole, in the bulk universe the event horizon of a 4D black hole would be a 3D object
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Me thinks the question will never really be answered, nothing does not create anything.
It's interesting the ideas floating around, but I have to wonder about them all.
I could come up with one myself that has as much going for it.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Perhaps it is beyond the human brains ability to process the information needed to understand the beginning?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well brain, or not it takes something to be something.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Creation Vs The Big Bang

Those in the education departments pushing atheism might not like this news.

Creation Vs The Big Bang

April 11, 2014 | Tom Olago

New evidence now strongly suggests that there was a beginning to our universe. CNN.com recently published an article on a remarkable discovery that rocked the world of science and faith, offering strong support for biblical beliefs. The new discovery of traces of gravity waves affirms scientific concepts in the fields of cosmology, general relativity, and particle physics.

In the article, Leslie Wickman wrote:
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This is a curious question. I did not post the entire article as there are graphs pictures and a video in it.

What Is The Universe Expanding into ?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/startswitha ... 3d970612a0