Favorite Pizza

Civil discussion, and self moderation appreciated :-)
Mel Gibson

Favorite Pizza

I still remember when McDonald's sold pizza's... They weren't even all that bad if I recall correctly. I believe they discontinued them mainly because preparing them held up the line...

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Favorite Pizza

I never knew that, might not have done that here.
I wont eat their food, last time I had a burger from there I was I think a kid.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Favorite Pizza

Expanded testing of the pizza began in 1989. Roughly 24 restaurants in or near Evansville, Indiana and Owensboro, Kentucky were selected to participate.

By some estimates, pies expanded to nearly 40 percent of their restaurants in the early 1990s but disappeared just as quickly. They survived a little longer in Canada, with Howie Mandel hustling for the company in ads. In 2012, McDonald’s Canada came as close as the corporation ever has to publicly offering a reason for their pizza’s demise. In a response to a question posted on their web site:

“Although it was a popular menu item in Canada, the preparation time was about 11 minutes—which was way too long for us. Every McDonald's has a busy kitchen and the pizza slowed down our game. And since speed of service is a top priority and expected by our customers, we thought it best to remove this menu item. For now, our pizzas will have to remain a tasty bit of history.”
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Favorite Pizza

LOL, nope, didn't eat there in that time frame, was to busy slaving away building stuff. Built a lot of decks about that time of my life, and put a lot of cars together.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Favorite Pizza

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Favorite Pizza

:teehe:
Mel Gibson

While Renee's favourite pizza, The Hawaiian, is a Canadian 'invention', you know one thing I've never seen here? Candy Corn! While it may be available in specialty shops, it is not something I've ever seen for sale in any regular grocery stores, even around Halloween! I've also never received it once Trick or Treating as a kid either! I think Candy Corn is generally an American thing!
Mel Gibson

Just a reminder that McDonald's pizza was much tastier than you'd think! You missed out if you didn't try one in the 1990's! In fact, it was the best thing on their whole damn menu! I was sad to see it go!

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh: Renee's favorite :laugh:
Now it can be Candy Corn.

I don't remember the McDonald's pizza, or anyone trying it, it must have not been here in this area.
Not that it matters I stopped eating at McDonald's as a kid since it got really nasty to me.
The sad thing is most those type places are garbage now, Burger King, Wendy's, Rallies are all garbage.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: October 4th, 2020, 9:49 pm :laugh: Renee's favorite :laugh:
Now it can be Candy Corn.

I don't remember the McDonald's pizza, or anyone trying it, it must have not been here in this area.
Not that it matters I stopped eating at McDonald's as a kid since it got really nasty to me.
The sad thing is most those type places are garbage now, Burger King, Wendy's, Rallies are all garbage.
You know, there was a time when I actually liked Wendy's burgers! They were pretty decent for fast food! Then some time after Dave Thomas died, they revamped their product line and it turned to shit... Dave must be rolling in his grave to see what they've done.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The issue here is it's not all meat anymore, they put plant fiber in them for filler.
Also the oil they use is bad also, canola oil is for killing bugs, and oil machinery, not for humans.
It's sick what they have done to our food, and people just keep accepting it.

I liked Wendy's a long time ago as well, it was one of the best fast food ones out there.
Like you said when Dave died it went the way of the other brands.

I liked Burger King also, but now they seem like they boil the patties or something, just nasty tasting.

We have a shop open here called Jeffs Burgers, he's a local Veteran, and I have to say he makes the best burgers I have tasted other than my own on a grill.
He is using some good seasoned beef, and good stuff on them also, and I get them once, or twice a week anymore.
Mel Gibson

Absolutely! Burger King, and Dairy Queen for that matter also, used to have a decent (for fast food) burger patty! 'Flame broiled' or whatever it was, and it had some taste... Now it seems like they just microwave a low quality frozen patty, which they probably do! No taste, low quality beef. All in the name of saving a penny or two, I'm sure!

I rarely eat fast food burgers anymore because of this. Now I'll go to a proper restaurant, since those are the only places left that are still capable of making anything that resembles a real burger!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I was told that is exactly what they do, microwave them which ruins meat in my opinion.
They had a broiler with a convener when I was younger.

We have a few mom, and pop shops here, they are usually better than the usual fast food.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Come on Renee, have some :teehe:

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 14th, 2023, 11:09 am Come on Renee, have some :teehe:

Foul Canadian crap.... :yuk:

I'd rather chew glass.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I would bet if you had a good one you would change your mind, you have to have a sweet sauce, and crust for it to be right.
Most people try them with the sour, or spicy sauces, and that just don't work.
I have ate a few, and thought they where just nasty, and if it was my first one i would likely not have one again.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Technically the tomato sauce on pizzas is also a sacrilege.

Tomatoes are native to S-America.

Tomatoes on spaghetti... Delicious but very sinful.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Tomatoes are fruit peppers are fruit, pineapple are fruit, but all plants are vegetables of course.
There is nothing Italian about pizza we see here unless you go to this Greek restaurant I know of, maybe a rabbit would like it.

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.