The Asian Canadian forum is sure a failure.

Civil discussion, and self moderation appreciated :-)
Bine

I rarely see more that one poster on ACC (Asian Canadian Corner or whatever it is called). When there is more than one poster it is often the paranoid wannabe dictator mods. It is obvious they have driven off any poster by accusing them of being other posters and banning them for life or just disgusting any new posters with their narrow views and vulgar nature. :rofl:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: The Asian Canadian forum is sure a failure.

Nobody here, but it's not a failure when I can talk to my friends when I catch them :)
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Truth

I just looked at that forum, and it looks fine to me.
The failure is the person always complaining about others like you have been doing op.
Bine

The truth is you are a flaming homo.
Truth

The childish name calling is cute RDL, it means nothing except you need to grow up.
What are you so angry at, your father abandon you, mother bring all sorts of strange men in that abused you ?
You can talk, the Doctor is in.
RDL

I heard you have aids, truth. Is this the truth?
Truth

If you're hearing voices get help fast RDL, from what I have read you hear them a lot .
Get professional help soon as you can.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Great maybe, this one would have 50 or more if I didn't ban the bots, and spammers .
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Russ Williams

Fashionista wrote:My forum has 31 people online right now.
Probably you and the other immigrants living in your one bedroom.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:bored:
RDL

This is my first post in this thread.
I did not make any of the above.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:)
I wonder how they are doing over there, I hope Keeper is alright.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: :)
I wonder how they are doing over there, I hope Keeper is alright.
Keeper is for the most part, gone from the forum. He pops in only on rare occasions.

RW is no longer paying the bills and has transferred the data base completely over to Fash. RW has left the forum as well.

I checked out at the end of August, this year. I needed a change and there was very little left in that place to stick around for.

I did pop in a few weeks ago to check a PM and the place seems to be over run with ex-Bastard Factory morons and rejects. "Gordy the scumbag Gambino" is posting his brand of obnoxious nonsense there now and the place has a totally different and rather aimless vibe.

But hey, it's not my home or responsibility anymore. :thumbsup:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hey hi Renee, great to see you, and I do hope you are well, and happy.
i don't blame you for wanting a change, forum life takes up a lot of time, and patients sometimes.
I hope that Fashion gets it under control, and good with it in the end, i wouldn't want all that.
Thanks for the update, I very rarely look in over there, I'm a bad guy you know. :blush:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: Hey hi Renee, great to see you, and I do hope you are well, and happy.
i don't blame you for wanting a change, forum life takes up a lot of time, and patients sometimes.
I hope that Fashion gets it under control, and good with it in the end, i wouldn't want all that.
Thanks for the update, I very rarely look in over there, I'm a bad guy you know. :blush:
Yeah I know, you are a horrible guy. :roll: :laugh:

I don't even recall how you got that rep because it's laughable. You are one of the nicest people I've come across on the net and I'm not just blowing smoke up your ass.

A lot of stuff didn't make a hell of a lot of sense over there at times and apparently still doesn't. There were more than a few decent posters driven off by seemingly petty gripes and miscommunication. As a mod, it was frustrating to watch good posters being trashed because of thin skinned individuals who were blatantly wrong in their appraisal of what I would have deemed as worthwhile contributors.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I might deserve it, might not, I just saw it as a misunderstanding, but I'm sorry for the hurt I might have gave Fashionista.
As I mentioned to one of them to cut loose from here just might make another wrong, couldn't do it.
I try to be nice, and honest as i can be, I fail sometimes I guess. Still I hope someday they will forgive.
Thanks Renee for giving me the benefit of doubt, I hate letting people down.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: I might deserve it, might not, I just saw it as a misunderstanding, but I'm sorry for the hurt I might have gave Fashionista.
As I mentioned to one of them to cut loose from here just might make another wrong, couldn't do it.
I try to be nice, and honest as i can be, I fail sometimes I guess. Still I hope someday they will forgive.
Thanks Renee for giving me the benefit of doubt, I hate letting people down.
No problem.

This is the net, there are no real people here. We're just data taking up space on some server, so don't worry about letting anyone down. :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I do, I see the people I have talked with as much as friends as the ones I can see occasionally.
By the sounds of it I did right staying here, wouldn't want the people here having to deal with that bunch there now.
I'm sure some are alright, but I doubt the ones here would stay.
I respect you a lot also Renee, can't say that about a lot i have talked with on forums.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: I do, I see the people I have talked with as much as friends as the ones I can see occasionally.
By the sounds of it I did right staying here, wouldn't want the people here having to deal with that bunch there now.
I'm sure some are alright, but I doubt the ones here would stay.
I respect you a lot also Renee, can't say that about a lot i have talked with on forums.
Thanks, Blue.

There are a few that have earned my respect as well and you are one of them. You probably did do right by keeping this place separate. BC is a different place than here and IMHO, the proposed merger probably wouldn't have worked out well.

It's not to say that either forum is any better than the other.....they are just different. That's also not to say that BC is a bad place. I love some of the people that still post there. It's just that it is directionless, managed inconsistently and it lacks the diversity of intellect and opinion that makes a forum truly stimulating. It was frustrating to watch and it generally left me in a foul mood. The end for me came when I realized that too many of it's members simply brought out the cantankerous and angry side of me which caused me to say things that weren't very nice and in some cases uncalled for.

It seems to me that it is getting harder and harder to find a general forum that is worth remaining an active member of. Most are bastions of idiocy and havens for clowns and trolls who lack even the barest of ability to provide even a modicum of amusement. Maybe that it's just that I've grown up a lot over the past few years and I need something different out of online interaction.

At this point most of my online time is spent on a few subject specific forums that deal with some of my recreational or social interests. But for the most part they have low volumes of traffic and are heavily moderated.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I never made this forum for people to begin with, but then a few friends popped in, and stayed. I want to do them right as i can, but health issues almost took me away from it the last year, or two.
The merger idea was because I was almost unable to do it anymore, and I would turn it all over for someone else to attend.
Well I'm not at that point now, and hope not to be anymore, and want to keep control. I moved here because Eves offered a long time ago to host the forum, way before there was any Blue Cashew.
I did not turn the forum over to her.
The mistake was considering out loud giving the forum away for someone else to take over. I regret that very deeply for the misunderstanding, I didn't mean to make someone else think differently.

As for my online friends, I would invite them into my home anytime, and treat them like family, even some that are not around anymore to talk with.
There is always a room here.
We might not have traffic here that much, but that's not what this forum is here for, never was.

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.