Mongolia

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Mongolia

Mr Reverberation

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I had no idea the the influence of the Mongols lasted for so long and over the huge area between China and Europe. There were many different Mongol dynasties controlling these lareas in this area such as The Golden Horde. One descendant Uzbek is where the name Uzbekistan comes from. I also had been under the impression that the Mongol hordes were all Mongol. They were not. They were under Mongol leadership but a large percentage of their forces were from areas in their empire.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Tomb of Kenesary Khan's Warriors Found

One Mongol legacy is that the area between China and Europe were Mongol related cultures.

http://en.tengrinews.kz/science/Tomb-of ... ana-24312/

An ancient tomb of Kenesary Khan's warriors has been discovered in Astana, Express K reports.

The unique discovery was made at a old Muslim cemetery located near Molodezhny microdistrict of Astana city. According to Director of the Modern Research Institute of Astana-based Gumilev Eurasian National University Mukhit-Ardager Sydyknazarov, the team of researchers discovered the tombstone with lettering in Arabic ligature at the cemetery.

"The tombstone has partially sank into the ground during two centuries, and this prevents us from reading all the lettering on the stone yet. As far as I know, there is no other tombstones consecrated to the warrior-host of Kenesary khan in Kazakhstan," Sydyknazarov said.

An unofficial translation of the lettering has been made: it says that the tombstone was erected by some Samyrza at the expenses of Kaiyrolly Sarzhan Uly in 1838, in the month of Rajab, the seventh month of the Muslim year, during the holy three-day fast. 50 zhasulans (warriors who were carrying out commissions of commanders) and 200 notable commanders, killed during the war, rest in the grave.

According to Express K, the lettering corresponds with the recorded historic facts. Kenesary's army was stationed in Akmola region in the middle of 1838. It is quite possible, that the remains of the warriors, who died in this period, are inddeed lying in the grave.

Kenesary Kasymov was proclaimed Khan of the Kazakhs when the Russian Empire was already fully in control of Kazakhstan, and in fact the Kazakhs were prohibited (by Russian law) from selecting their own leaders after 1822. Kenesary spend his time as Khan in continuous fighting against Russian imperial forces and other intruders until his death in 1847. Widely regarded as a freedom fighter and popular as a leading voice against the increasingly aggressive and forceful policies of the Russian Empire, Kenesary was ruthless in his actions and unpredictable as a military strategist

For more information see: http://en.tengrinews.kz/science/Tomb-of ... ana-24312/
Use of the Tengrinews English materials must be accompanied by a hyperlink to en.Tengrinews.kz
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Very cool, I wonder what they will find in it.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Chinese despise Mongolians as they do all non Chinese and it isn't a surprise that they are turning Inner Mongolia into hell on earth kind of place. Chinese are as the author of The Chinese Mind Game writes "Chinese are so vindictive that foreigners can't even comprehend it". Take a look at the photos.

The world's lust for new technology is creating a 'hell on Earth' in Inner Mongolia

Kelly Dickerson

? May 12, 2015, 6:34 PM

toxic lake baotouYouTube/Tim Maughan

There's a lake hidden in a corner of Inner Mongolia that few people have ever seen in person.

That's because this is no ordinary lake
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Nasty, and I'm sure that's not the only site. One day either people will be dying there, or someone will be cleaning it up.
Most likely dying from not knowing it was there.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The Tuvans hada some expert goldsmiths. Take a look at the artistry. I am posting this article in the Mongolia thread as they were closely related to the Mongols. I read about them in Jasper Beckers book. Most of the actual soldiers in Ghangis Khans armies were related peoples like the Tuvans, Yunnan tribemen etc... A graverobber would have just melted down all these amazing works of goldsmithing.

FOCUS ON TUVA: Stunning treasures - and macabre slaughter - in Siberia's Valley of the Kings

http://siberiantimes.com/science/casest ... the-kings/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Looks a little like a Kurgan Burial, great step nomads from way way back. I'm sure their crafts spread far, and wide.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Check out these 4,000 year old petroglyphs in eastern Siberia.

http://siberiantimes.com/science/casest ... n-siberia/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

This is at the link also, very interesting http://siberiantimes.com/home/born-in-s ... -mongolia/ :link:
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Theose clothes were very well preserved.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Most people have heard about how Tibet and Xinjiangs uighers are being oppressed and culturlcided but few have heard about how brutally Inner Mongolia has been crushed under Chinese rule.

Chinese Brutally Beat Up Mongolians

http://chinawatchcanada.blogspot.ca/201 ... lians.html
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mongolia

I tried to find something on that lost tribe in Siberia that was discovered. I did find th is interesting article though. What a unique world they live in.

These photos of a lost Mongolian tribe are incredible

https://matadornetwork.com/abroad/photo ... ncredible/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mongolia

I really doubt they thought they where lost, and it might have been better if the outsiders got lost, and left them be.
looks like they are happy, and settled in, so why not leave them be. :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mongolia

Here you go Gary

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mongolia

What a fascinating article ! I must have been in the middle of a work cycle and didn't have time and missed it somehow. Who made the fortress in on the island ? What is that larger than a car sized fragment ? Is it true that nobody knows what it is ? It is interesting thatnobody knows about these two things either. Could it be that their explanations will lead us closer to truths that they don't want us to know ? Could it be that China's belief in dragons comes from Mongolia ? I believe that I have posted an article on the taiga family on the cryptozoological monsters thread.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mongolia

The dragon has been brought up in about every culture in the world, my guess is that it originates from prehistoric times when we still had flying lizards, and also early man finding fossils, and trying to figure them out.
Like the speculation the mammoth skulls found in Greece, the ancients thought they belonged to giants, and cyclops.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mongolia

The Beautiful People of Mongolia, The Duhka & Tsaatan

Mongolia’s Mystical Tsaatan Reindeer People

http://chinawatchcanada.blogspot.com/20 ... duhka.html

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mongolia

I can see a lot of native American culture there, a whole lot, but I guess we all where like that at one time in history.