Mongolia

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mongolia

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3131495-mongolia

I have been reading this utterly fascinating and very informative book by one of the elite top experts on Asia Jasper Becker. I had previously given not a lot of thought about Mongolia assuming mistakenly that they were just herdsmen living in Yurts before and After their glorious empire era beginning with Ghengis Khan and then his sons. Mongolia to me surprise has a very interesting history.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Mongolia

It's interesting The Khans didn't change the whole conquered of theirs into Mongolia.
It's a good read to follow them across the waste, the desserts, the rivers, and mountains into the west, the south, the north even.
They made the world tremble literally under hoof.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

http://surviving-history.blogspot.ca/20 ... ry-of.html

The Mad Baron dies exactly 130 days after the Oracle and another fortune teller told heim he would die in 130 days
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I never knew of him, interesting person to say the least.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

MCP Founder Damdin Sukhbator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damdin_S%C3%BCkhbaatar

Here is the founder of the Mongolian Communist Party.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Bogd Khan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogd_Khan

It is interesting how Tibetan buddhism spread throughout these regions. Russian influence however was even more ruthless towords Mongolia and buddhism than the Chinese were and are in Tibet however Russia didn't flood it's population into Mongolia in an effort to absorb the nation as Chinese have doen in Manchuria, Inner Mongolia [ there are 18 million chinese to 3 milling Mongolians approximately now there ] and is currently occuring in Tibet.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Stalins Right Hand Monster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khorloogiin_Choibalsan

Here is Stalins right hand monster. Khorloogiin Choibalsan could barely read yet he is leading a nation. I suppose it isn't so surprising that a country run by a near illiterate isn't going to fair so well. He coincidentally died one year before Stalin and it is suspected that Stalin had him killed.... as Stalin had the habit of doing to everybody. This article doesn't do justice to the number of mongolians who died in his purges .
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Yumjaagiin Tseenbal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yumjaagiin_Tsedenbal

Here is the next tyrant on the communist throne. He reigned for 44 years and yet virtually nobody ever has heard of him.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I remember Tsenbal, and S
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I just misplaced [ it probably was stolen ] my Mongolia. I was at page 118 so it is bookmarked for when I pick up another copy. I simply must finish this fascinating book
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Sad, I hate to loose anything, but a book you have that much time in is bad.
I hope you find it, and nobody took it.

I forgot a book at work one time, and it was gone a week before turning up.
Someone kept it and read it, and then brought it back, and left me $150 with it and a note saying thanks for the great read :laugh:
It was on Roman history.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Communist Purges In Mongolia

It is interesting how communism is so intent on extirminatin buddhism
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Communist Purges In Mongolia Part 2

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Communist Purges In Mongolia Part 3

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mongolia

[video][/video]
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mongolia

It is interesting that the narrator uses the English name Peking. Bei jing is the manderin name and Bak Ging is the cantonese yet Chinese will complain that you are hurting their feelings if you don't use the manderin name for Peking when speaking English but don't complain to cantonese when they use the cantonese name for Peking. It is also interesting that the Dalai Lama is so revered in Mongolia. I didn't realise that Tibetan culture was so widespread for so long. It is almost as if Mongolia is a part of Tibetan culture that China has yet been able to colturalocide and genocide. Lama's have amazing psychic powers and I do wonder if this isn't a main reason why communist tyrants are so intent on extirminating Buddhists

[video][/video]
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Buryatia

I had never heard of Buryatia. Ghengis Khans mother came from here and it used to be a large area.Greater Mongolia may be an app[ropriate term for what used to be the land of the Mongols which has been carved into Inner Mongolia which has been chinesefied [ 18 million chinese to 3 million Mongols there now ] Mongolia and Buryatia. Buryatia was further carved up so that it is now by Stalin to about one third it's former size. Stalin also had Buryatia flooded with other nationalities to destroy nationalism there. [ evil people are control freaks from my experience ] When the soviets came about half of Buryatias population fled. Stalin pressured to have them returned and then eliminated all the men over 25 and many other too. Stalin also attempted to culturalocide Buryatia be eliminating the Mongol language and culture. They were however educated better in the Soviet Union so many of Mongolias ministerial posts were filled by Buryatians.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

That brings to mind that no mater how they try to get rid of them the Mongol blood is in likely a billion people.
1 in 200 are directly related to Genghis Khan himself, so no mater what they will be with us .

I hope it gets better for them now, and they live as they wish.
We all should be able to do so as long as not hurting our fellow earthlings.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Tuva, The Mongols Who Wouldn't Fght For Ghengis

This forgotten part of Mongolia had expert horsemen and archers that Ghengis Khan wanted to recruit however they refused to fight for him and fled north. They tried to stay away from other wars as well but eventually Stalin caught up to them and as he always did tried to crush them. Resentment runs high against ethnic Russians now there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuva

http://khoomei.com/gal1.htm
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mongolia

[video][/video]

Enjoy....if you like this sort of thing