Earthquakes And Volcanoes

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Earthquakes And Volcanoes

It seems logical one will hit hard on the west coast soon if not this year, south America the last few years have been hit wish massive quakes, and a few huge volcanoes on the ring of fire is smoldering again.
With the ice packs melting a lot more in recent time that weight is more pressure pushing down around the rim, that pressure has to be let out.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

We have read that the western hemisphere simply must have some activity due to all the activity on the other side of the Pacific. Will California or the BC quake happen this year or next ?

The Shaking Continues: The Most Dangerous Volcano In Mexico Has Erupted

More than 25 million people live in the vicinity of Mt. Popocatepetl, including Mexico City's 18 million residents. At 2:32 local time on Tuesday morning, the most dangerous volcano in Mexico roared to life in spectacular fashion, and this has many experts extremely concerned about what is coming next.

Popocatepetl is an Aztec word that means "smoking mountain", and historians tell us that once upon a time entire Aztec cities were buried in super-heated mud from this volcano. In fact, the super-heated mud flows were so deep that they buried entire Aztec pyramids.

A full-blown eruption of Mt. Popocatepetl would be a catastrophe unlike anything that modern Mexico has ever experienced before, and considering what has been happening in Ecuador, Japan and at Yellowstone over the past week, I believe that there is great reason for concern.

The eruption of Mt. Popocatepetl very early this morning took residents of the area very much by surprise. The following is how one Mexican news course reported the news...

The volcano Popocatépetl came to life at 2:32 this morning, sending out a column of ash that fell on much of the city of Puebla and closed the airport.

The National Disaster Prevention Center, Cenapred, said the volcano spewed ash to an altitude of about three kilometers above the crater.

The explosion was accompanied by the emission of incandescent fragments which were reported to be landing up to 1.6 kilometers away, northeast of the volcano, which is commonly known as El Popo.

But words cannot really describe just how spectacular this eruption was. If you are interested, you can view video footage of the moment when Popocatepetl erupted right here

Meanwhile, seismologists all over the globe are speculating about which area of our planet may be hit next.

For example, scientists in India believe that the tremendous amount of tectonic strain that has built up out there could ultimately produce a magnitude 8 or magnitude 9 earthquake, and they are convinced that this quake "can come at any time"...

A subduction process similar to the one that caused the Ecuadorean quake is happening under the Himalayan region as well, where the Indian plate is getting inside the Chinese landmass.

This northward push has been creating a huge amount of tectonic strain in the region, making it particularly prone to earthquakes.

Scientists believe there is so much energy stored in the area that an earthquake of magnitude greater than 8, possibly even 9, would be needed to release it. This earthquake can come at any time.

Here in the United States, some experts are deeply concerned that the west coast is particularly vulnerable. One of those experts is former USGS scientist Jim Berkland. The following is what Wikipedia has to say about him...

Jim Berkland studied geology at the University of California, Berkeley earning the Bachelor of Arts degree in 1958. Thereafter he worked for the United States Geological Survey while pursuing graduate study. In 1964, he took a position at the United States Bureau of Reclamation.

After further graduate study, he taught for a year at Appalachian State University, 1972-1973, then returned to California to work as County Geologist for Santa Clara County from 1973 until he retired in 1994

During a recent interview with Bobby Powell, Berkland explained that most "megaquakes" take place either during a new moon or a full moon, and he pointed to the San Andreas Fault and the Cascadia Subduction Zone as areas that he is particularly concerned about at the moment...

Is "The Big One" imminent? Famed USGS scientist Jim Berkland, the man who predicted the Loma Prieta "World Series Earthquake," has a terrifying warning for the West Coast of the US in the wake of massive earthquakes in Ecuador and Japan that have left hundreds dead, awakened volcanoes around the Pacific Ocean's "Ring of Fire," and kicked off earthquake swarms in Hawaii, Arizona, and Yellowstone National Park.

"Beware the new and full moons," Berkland says in this exclusive interview. The "maverick geologist" says that 20 of the last 25 "megaquakes" have occurred on the dates of new and full moons, the result of "equinoctal tides," extreme gravitational forces that cause solid earth to expand and contract much as ocean tides rise and fall.

Berkland says that he is particularly worried about the San Andreas Fault in the LA Basin and the Cascadia Subduction Zone along the coast of Oregon and Washington State, where a long overdue earthquake would undoubtedly be accompanied by a massive tsunami that could kill thousands and cause billions of dollars in property damage.

Even though I recently wrote a major article about the vulnerability of the Cascadia Subduction Zone, I want to make it clear that I am not forecasting that any particular disaster will hit any particular area at any particular time.

But what we can say with certainty is that the crust of our planet is becoming increasingly unstable. Our world is being pummeled by dozens of earthquakes of magnitude 4.0 or greater, and as you read this article a total of 38 volcanoes are erupting worldwide.

And it is quite interesting to note that in 1906 there were major earthquakes in Ecuador and Japan that preceded the historic San Francisco earthquake.

On January 31st, 1906 an enormous magnitude 8.8 earthquake hit Ecuador, and that was followed by a magnitude 7.1 earthquake in Japan on March 17th.

Of course most Americans have already heard about the magnitude 7.8 earthquake that hit San Francisco on April 18th of that year, but most people don't understand that it came in the context of these other major quakes.

Could we be witnessing a similar pattern today?

In Matthew 24, Jesus warned us that earthquakes in diverse places would be one of the signs that His return was drawing near. He also explained that the time immediately preceding His return would be the worst time in all of human history.

Could it be possible that we are now entering that period of time?

Read more at http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/articl ... ryIpvjv.99
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Yet another volcano on the eastern side of the Pacific. This I believe is yet more stress on the western side.

Asia’s Tallest Volcano Spews Ash Into the Air

© Sputnik/ Ewgeniy Neskoromniy

The Russian Far East volcano Klyuchevskaya Sopka erupted on Sunday, with hot ash shot miles into the air.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Eurasia's largest volcano Klyuchevskaya Sopka, in Russia’s Far East erupted on Sunday, shooting hot ash miles into the air, the local geophysical service said.

"The eruption was detected by seismic sensors, and satellite images show that the eruption column rose 6 kilometers [3.7 miles] above sea level," a representative of the Russian agency told RIA Novosti.

Eastern Economic Forum

© Sputnik/ Vitaly Ankov

Russia's Kamchatka, Germany to Sign Joint Project Deal at EEF
The volcanic ash cloud has spread over an area of almost 13,500 square feet. It has drifted 124 miles southeast toward the Sea of Okhotsk, in the Pacific Ocean.

There was no immediate threat to the public safety. Ash was blown away from nearby towns, emergencies services in the Kamchatka region said.

The 15,580-feet volcano in Russia’s Kamchatka peninsula has been rumbling to life since the beginning of April. It has been almost continuously active for the past 50 years but the number of tremors and ash eruptions has been on the rise lately.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20160424/ ... z46nOJExTX
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I think last year Mount Fuji was rumbling also, i guess it stopped though.
A lot of activity going on, I'm looking for another big one down south soon.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

And yet another one. This one is weird though. What is that white foam oozing out or this volcano ? Check out the photo's and video.

Residents and Experts Baffled After Mysterious Foam Blankets City After Earthquakes

http://theantimedia.org/foam-blankets-city-earthquakes/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My bet is it's acidic, i wouldn't want to be around the stuff.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

[video][/video]
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

[video][/video]
Ryanissimo
"Piano Man"
"Piano Man"

I'm sure a lot of people don't have an earthquake preparedness kit.

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safet ... rgency-kit
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I doubt most people have enough if anything for emergencies. I know we don't unless you count candy bars.
Ryanissimo
"Piano Man"
"Piano Man"

Well, you'll run out of food and water but at least you will have the weaponry for a z-outbreak.
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I do have that, and a few places I could go, and my one friend can fish good, and better yet cook like a master chef.
About a mile or so I have a river so water isn't an issue as long as i can filter it.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The near by lake is where I would get water before the river, that river is nasty.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Maybe Mt St Helens will erupt again soon. Check out the video and article

Swarm of earthquakes strikes Mount St. Helens

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/07/us/mount- ... peditorial
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I read about those the other day, I wonder how the dome is right now, it was up a year or two ago.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I wouldn't be surprised if some of Washingtons volcanoes go off in the next ten years as well as the west coast earthquakes. Pressure has been building up from the eastern side of the ring of fire as previous posts have shown.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Earthquakes, Volcanoes and Revelation

"Earthquakes have been used distinctively by God to highlight some of the most important events of the Bible. The three main purposes for biblical earthquakes are judgment, deliverance, and communication. The lesson is obvious--God does not do anything really big without emphasizing it with an earthquake! In our fast-paced, man-centered, technology-based society of the twenty-first century, God would have us pause and consider His sovereign nature and the program He has been accomplishing in the world." Steven A. Austin, PhD

The Bible is full of earthquakes, and studies of the floor of the Dead Sea show a 4,000-year history of significant earthquake events in Israel. The last days described in the Book of Revelation claim there will be a couple of other significant earthquake events, the last of which is described as the greatest earthquake in Earth's history. There appears to also be a volcano event somewhere on the horizon.

Have you ever experienced an earthquake?

I have friends in from Ecuador, Mike and Julie Harper. Julie's Mom died a few weeks ago, age 95; and Helen was my next door neighbor for many years. We played Scrabble nearly every night and enjoyed a nice glass of wine, or two. The Ecuador earthquake last month hit the Manta area about a week before Helen went to be with the Heavenly Host.

They moved from Florida to Manta, Ecuador about a year ago, and experienced their first earthquake. It was a doozy, 7.8 magnitude. It was the strongest quake to hit Ecuador in 40 years. They did what good spirited people do, loving their neighbors (strangers) as themselves. They are both strong in their Christian beliefs and walk the walk.

After the funeral, Mike asked if Julie could stay a little longer while he went back to take care of stuff you have to take care of when a tragedy like this happens. Mike flew back last week to join his friends, helping the helpless. It is very much third-world in many areas.

Of the earthquake, Mike and Julie both say it was the most frightening full minute they've ever experienced. Their beachfront condo made it but many buildings in Manta, including part of the airport have been destroyed. There are 661 dead and 28,000 homeless. Some of the charity organizations are only charitable it seems if they get proper recognition.

But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Matthew 6:3-4 NIV

Meanwhile, the helpless and homeless live in tarp cities under the daily 92-degree heat.

The Jewish prophets made predictions about events that would occur during their time and many predictions about a future time, known as the last days and the time of Jacob's troubles (the time of Israel's troubles). Some of the prophecies indicate that earthquakes will become numerous and will happen in places that do not have much of an earthquake history.

There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven. Luke 21:11 NIV

Like earthquakes, volcanoes get plenty of scriptural attention.

The mountains quake before him and the hills melt away. The earth trembles at his presence, the world and all who live in it. Who can withstand his indignation? Who can endure his fierce anger? His wrath is poured out like fire; the rocks are shattered before him. Nahum 1:5-6 NIV

There is debate as to whether earthquake and volcanic activity is increasing. There is the same story we often hear: There are more earthquakes because we have better sensors for detection. That has some validity, but we have been sensing earthquakes for decades.

I decided to research earthquake history between 1970 and 2015 with 5.0 magnitude or greater. They have doubled. As far as earthquakes in unusual areas, one needs look no further than Oklahoma. Oklahoma does have an earthquake history but not much. Oklahoma has now surpassed California as the earthquake capital.

Japan had two large earthquakes a week before Ecuador, and now the Japanese science community is concerned that the island community will split in two, or three or four. The quakes seem to be lining up and occurring more often. We have better sensors.

May 14-15, 2016, four days ago, five volcanoes simultaneously erupted: Pavlof (United States), Santa Maria (Guatemala), Kluchevskoy (Russia), Sinabung (Indonesia) and Nyiragongo (Congo). A "new" volcano is erupting off the coast of Oregon and several other places. There are more than 40 active volcanoes, which means there's a lot of heat down there.

Mount St. Helen's is acting up again as the magma plug increases in size. Kilauea has been erupting for decades.

In the story of the Two Witnesses in Revelation 11, many attempts are made on their lives, to no avail. Whoever tries to kill or harm them are instantly disposed of by fire. However, it is written that eventually, after three-and-a-half years of preaching in Jerusalem, they will somehow be killed.

After three days they will come back to life, the third and final woe begins; and Jerusalem suffers the first of two earthquakes. This earthquake will destroy a tenth of Jerusalem and kill 7,000. This is because the Israelis paid no attention to the Two Witnesses and their message that Christ really was and is the Messiah.

As the world squabbles over the abnormality of boys and girls going to the bathroom and showers together, somehow believing this is moral, God is blowing up the world. We are not paying attention. He created us; not the other way around. Before the flood God was going to kill every animal and plant on Earth, He was so fed up with us.

I think sometimes we believe God never gets fed up with our shenanigans. That is a huge mistake. The ending was written in the beginning, and the ending is supposed to have a lot of global warming, climate change and geological disorder. It was God's idea before it was Al Gore's.

The seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and out of the temple came a loud voice from the throne, saying, "It is done!" Then there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder and a severe earthquake. No earthquake like it has ever occurred since mankind has been on earth, so tremendous was the quake. The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath. Revelation 16:17-19 NIV

I pray for the safety of my friends Mike and Julie. They are returning to Ecuador in a week to see how they can help. Ecuador had two more earthquakes today, a 6.7 and a 6.8.

Orignally published at Omega Letter - reposted with permission
Back to home page
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Could it be that FEMA is now convinced that one of these west coast quakes in very likely in the near future ?

June 7: FEMA Drill To Prepare For A 9.0 Cascadia Zone Earthquake And Tsunami

Starting on June 7th, FEMA will be conducting a large scale drill that has been named "Cascadia Rising" that will simulate the effects of a magnitude 9.0 earthquake along the Cascadia Subduction Zone and an accompanying west coast tsunami dozens of feet tall.
According to the official flyer for the event, more than "50 counties, plus major cities, tribal nations, state and federal agencies, private sector businesses, and non-governmental organizations across three states - Washington, Oregon, and Idaho - will be participating".

In addition to "Cascadia Rising", U.S. Northern Command will be holding five other exercises simultaneously. According to the final draft of the Cascadia Rising drill plan, those five exercises are entitled "Ardent Sentry 20163, "Vigilant Guard", "Special Focus Exercise", "Turbo Challenge" and "Joint Logistics Over-The-Shore".

The primary scenario that of all of these participants will be focusing on will be one that involves a magnitude 9.0 earthquake along the Cascadia Subduction Zone followed by a giant tsunami that could displace up to a million people from northern California to southern Canada.

We have never seen such a disaster before in all of U.S. history.

Do they know something that the rest of us do not?

It is funny that they are preparing to deal with the effects of a magnitude 9.0 earthquake along the Cascadia Subduction Zone, because that is precisely the size of earthquake that I warned about in an article back in March.

The San Andreas Fault in southern California gets more headlines, but the Cascadia Subduction Zone is a much larger threat by far. This fault zone is where the Juan de Fuca plate meets the North American plate, and it stretches approximately 700 miles from northern Vancouver Island all the way down to northern California.

If a magnitude 9.0 earthquake were to strike, the immense shaking and subsequent tsunami would cause damage on a scale that is hard to even imagine right now. Perhaps this is why FEMA feels such a need to get prepared for this type of disaster, because the experts assure us that it is most definitely coming someday. The following comes from the official website of the "Cascadia Rising" exercise...

A 9.0 magnitude earthquake along the Cascadia Subduction Zone (CSZ) and the resulting tsunami is the most complex disaster scenario that emergency management and public safety officials in the Pacific Northwest could face. Cascadia Rising is an exercise to address that disaster.

June 7-10, 2016 Emergency Operations and Coordination Centers (EOC/ECCs) at all levels of government and the private sector will activate to conduct a simulated field response operation within their jurisdictions and with neighboring communities, state EOCs, FEMA, and major military commands.

If you don't think that the scenario that they are studying is realistic, perhaps you should consider the fact that the largest earthquake in the history of the continental United States stuck along the Cascadia Subduction Zone back in 1700. The following comes from CNN...

In fact, "the Cascadia" already has made history, causing the largest earthquake in the continental United States on January 26, 1700. That's when the Cascadia unleashed one of the world's biggest quakes, causing a tsunami so big that it rampaged across the Pacific and damaged coastal villages in Japan.

Yes, we all remember the big Hollywood blockbuster about the San Andreas fault. But if they wanted to be more realistic, they should have made the movie about the Cascadia Subduction Zone.

According to a professor of geophysics at Oregon State University, the Cascadia Subduction Zone has the potential to create an earthquake "almost 30 times more energetic" than anything the San Andreas Fault can produce...

Everyone knows the Cascadia's cousin in California: the San Andreas Fault. It gets all the scary glamor, with even a movie this year, "San Andreas," dramatizing an apocalypse in the western U.S.

Truth is, the San Andreas is a lightweight compared with the Cascadia.

The Cascadia can deliver a quake that's many times stronger -- plus a tsunami.

"Cascadia can make an earthquake almost 30 times more energetic than the San Andreas to start with, and then it generates a tsunami at the same time, which the side-by-side motion of the San Andreas can't do," said Chris Goldfinger, a professor of geophysics at Oregon State University.

And the kind of tsunami that would be created by such a massive quake along the Cascadia Subduction Zone would absolutely dwarf the massive tsunami that struck Japan back in 2011.

In fact, an article in the New Yorker quoted the head of the FEMA division that oversees Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Alaska as saying that "everything west of Interstate 5 will be toast"...

If the entire zone gives way at once, an event that seismologists call a full-margin rupture, the magnitude will be somewhere between 8.7 and 9.2. That's the very big one.

...By the time the shaking has ceased and the tsunami has receded, the region will be unrecognizable. Kenneth Murphy, who directs FEMA's Region X, the division responsible for Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Alaska, says, "Our operating assumption is that everything west of Interstate 5 will be toast."

In the Pacific Northwest, everything west of Interstate 5 covers some hundred and forty thousand square miles, including Seattle, Tacoma, Portland, Eugene, Salem (the capital city of Oregon), Olympia (the capital of Washington), and some seven million people.

We live at a time when the crust of our planet is becoming increasingly unstable. Based on my research, I have come to the conclusion that we will soon see major earth changes on a scale that most of us would never even dare to imagine.

All over the world the Ring of Fire is roaring to life, and the Cascadia Subduction Zone lies directly along the Ring of Fire.

Just last week, I wrote about the alarming earthquake swarms that we have seen directly under Mt. Rainier, Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens, and now we have learned that FEMA is about to hold a major drill that is going to simulate a magnitude 9.0 earthquake along the Cascadia Subduction Zone and an accompanying west coast tsunami dozens of feet in height.

Of course most Americans aren't concerned about this threat at all.

Most Americans just assume that life will continue to go on normally just as it always has.

But I happen to agree with the experts that are promising us that an absolutely massive earthquake along the Cascadia Subduction Zone will strike someday, and when that happens life in America will be permanently altered.

Read more at http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/articl ... kh2OY0k.99