Maneaters

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Maneaters

I have heard that grizzlies can count and that they won't attack if there are four or more of you. RUnning into a grizzly in the wild is something I hope I never do.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/grizzly-bear- ... 53995.html

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I hope the person was alright after that.
You can shoot a bear like that in the heart, and he can still eat you. I think it was told that you can destroy up to 25% of it's heart, and it will still come at you.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

These Russian brown bears are very similar to our girzzlies. Can you imagine the inconvenience of a large number of these huge carnivors wandering around in the streets of a town ?

http://www.businessinsider.com/bears-ha ... sia-2015-9
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

People need some good fireworks, and bear spray.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I wouldn't want to get too close to any of these critters

http://udderlypettable.com/19-terrifyin ... -humans/9/
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This is horrible. After teaching myself overseas I realise that our teachers in the west do a great job and are usually very nice people.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/great-white-s ... 06398.html
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

You don't go swimming down there, that place is notorious for big ones like that.
A pro surfer almost got ate there a few months back.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I doubt that this snake has eaten anybody but these reticulated pythons are known to eat people and it is considered dangerous to hike in southeast Asia because of the huge constrictors. Take a look at the size of this monster. I wouldn't want to get caught on a mountainside after the sun goes down and no longer can see the trail lost in an area with these monsters.

World’s Longest Snake: Python Measuring 26ft In Malaysia Could Be New Record

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/26ft-snake-mi ... 09776.html
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Maneaters

My dad used to tell me about the ones in Vietnam, he said they where bigger than that, but of course everything like that is bigger without a tape measure.

Here's you one, but poor old gator.
[video][/video]
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Maneaters

This is a bit tragic.

Lion Takes Revenge On Trophy Hunter! [LEAKED VIDEO]

[video][/video]
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Looked fake to me, a lot of them are like that anymore.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Now that you mention it. It probably is fake. I seem to be more gullible than you.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Nah Gary, it's a good fake, and it's getting more easy to make those now.
We are all likely fooled every day by Media stuff.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I wonder if the boys clothing made him look like a lot of his size was fluff leading the bird to think that he was lighter than he is. This wouldn't have been a nice way to go.

Eagle attempts to carry off boy at birds of prey show

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-b ... 03346.html
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Maybe they should feed the birds before the show :laugh:
Maybe the hoodie set the bird off, it likely don't look right to the bird for some reason.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

There have been a lot of bear attacks this year.

Grizzly bear mauls woman northwest of Calgary

A grizzly bear mauled a young woman northwest of Calgary Tuesday morning, according to paramedics and the operator of a campground whose son chased the animal away.

"The bear was dragging her around by the arm," said Richard Blair, owner of the Lazy H Trail Company and Trapper's Hill Campground, where police and paramedics responded to the injured woman.

STARS Air Ambulance said a 25-year-old female patient was transported from the MD of Bighorn to Foothills Hospital in Calgary in stable condition.

Blair said his son Coleman, 25, saw the bear chasing a man and woman near a river while driving on a road above.

"He looked down into the river bottom and he noticed these people getting chased by this bear and this bear finally got a hold of this woman. So he raced down the hill to give her some help," Blair said.

Despite not having a firearm on him, Blair said his son charged the animal and "shouted this bear off that lady."

He said the grizzly, which had two cubs in the area, retreated across the river but then held its ground on the other bank, giving Coleman an opportunity to help the woman and her boyfriend up the hill to the road.

"It could have got a lot a worse, you know, when you start messing around with grizzly bears," Blair said. "They can do an awful lot of damage to a human body in a very short period of time."

Cochrane RCMP said police responded to a report about a possible bear mauling near the Trappers Hill Campground, northwest of Waiparous Village, but then handed the matter over to Fish and Wildlife officers.

It appears the couple was lounging by the Ghost River when the bear attacked, said Brendan Cox, who is with Alberta Fish and Wildlife.

The bear was not immediately located, Cox said, and the area has been closed while officers investigate and decide their next course of action.

Waiparous Village is about 70 kilometres northwest of Calgary.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/woman-injured ... 59016.html
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Poor woman :(
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

There seem to be a lot of bear attacks now. I have heard and read that wolves very seldom attack people. I have two cans of bear spray for if I go inot the woods.

'My son is in heaven,' says father of Mark Lynn after skull found in wolf den

The father of a missing man in Dettah, N.W.T., believes a skull found at a wolf den near the community belongs to his son.

Mark Lynn, 21, was last seen on the evening of August 24 at a gathering near the lagoon area of Dettah. He was reported missing on August 28.

RCMP searched the area and discovered bone fragments along with other evidence they declined to describe. Local searchers later recovered a skull from a wolf den. The search was called down on Sunday.

Jim Lynn, Mark's father, said police have yet to confirm the identity of the remains. He said that could take months, but he's ready to move forward.

"On Friday they came to our home and told us they could confirm that some of the bone fragments found were human fragments and that was basically the extent of it," Lynn said.

"It's still not confirmed yet, but in my mind, I had confirmation a week ago Saturday that he was dead, but that's from the Lord."

Lynn has spent 53 years working with the Catholic church. He said the Lord spoke to him while he was searching for his son.

"When I was out there searching, he said, 'Hey, it's all right. He's come home with me.'"

Lynn said whatever happened to his son on the night he went missing will likely remain a mystery.

"I know my son was the last to leave the gathering or he never really left," he said.

"Without the body, I don't know whether the coroner or anybody can ever give us those answers.

"It's a complete mystery in my mind and in my heart."

Lynn said there are many theories of what happened to Mark, and most are without merit. However, he said he does respect and acknowledge the thinking coming from the Aboriginal community in Dettah.

"It seemed to them that there was a struggle between [Mark] and a bear... they honestly feel the wolves then stole the body of my son from the bear."

Lynn is hopeful the coroner will release the remains to his family this week. He said he has made tentative funeral arrangements for Saturday at 1 p.m. at St. Patrick's Church in Yellowknife.

"I know with my soul that my son is in heaven with God."

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/son-heaven-sa ... 10295.html
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:( poor old man, what a loss to deal with.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I wonder if those wolves will become maneatwers after enjoying human flesh as the tigers by the east coast of India did after the tsunami on boxing day 2003 ?