Maneaters

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Maneaters

What was he using, bird shot :wacko:

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Maneaters

Blue Frost wrote: November 7th, 2018, 7:24 pm What was he using, bird shot :wacko:
He is canadian...

Now they got a wounded bear on the loose.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Maneaters

Blue Frost wrote: November 7th, 2018, 7:24 pm What was he using, bird shot :wacko:
I saw that on another forum that I frequent previously. Most of the members had a similar reaction as you.

There is more to this story than what is reported....it takes place in British Columbia in an area where Grizzlies are becoming a nuisance. That particular bear has been a problem for awhile now. The individual was simply trying to run the bear off like he and his neighbors had been doing for months. The fucking bear kept coming back because despite what some tree huggers claim....bears in general are not very intelligent and are very stubborn.

A member of the other forum, who lives in the same area as the filmed bear attack, claims that you have to actually keep a firearm or bear spray handy at all times when outdoors because the Grizzlies are that prevalent. You never know when one will wander into your yard or break into your shed or garage or even your house. The individual related a story about how a professional guide in the area had to put down 2 bears that were constantly marauding his base camp. When reported to the local fish and game dept, the wardens simply said we know they are a problem and plans are in the works to cull the local population.

Thankfully there are no grizzlies here where I live....BUT we are overrun with black bears which normally are timid and try to avoid people, but even that behavior is changing as the bears get more and more used to urban environments.

In the US black bears account for more bear attacks than any other type of bear. Partly because they are more numerous than browns and share more territory with people but also because black bears can be aggressive for what seems to be undetermined reasons...Mounting evidence suggests that black bears attack for predation. Unlike grizzlies or browns they generally have a nasty habit of at least partially devouring human remains after they maul and kill their victim.... :o
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Maneaters

My great aunt in North Carolina has a lot of black bears in her area, he son has a big dog that runs them off all the time.
My aunt went out her door one evening, and there was one in her face, she darted back in :teehe:
That Grizzly needs put down I hate to say, if that's it's normal behavior now it will get much worse. Your right about bears being stubborn, they are worse than a mule on that.

No bears here in this forum, except maybe Odinson now. :woot: :panic: :laugh:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Maneaters

Blue Frost wrote: November 8th, 2018, 1:43 pm My great aunt in North Carolina has a lot of black bears in her area, he son has a big dog that runs them off all the time.
My aunt went out her door one evening, and there was one in her face, she darted back in :teehe:
That Grizzly needs put down I hate to say, if that's it's normal behavior now it will get much worse. Your right about bears being stubborn, they are worse than a mule on that.

Yeah but Odie is a friendly bear. Other bears travel halfway around the world to meet and spend time with him..... :laugh:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Maneaters

Renee wrote: November 8th, 2018, 5:21 pm
Blue Frost wrote: November 8th, 2018, 1:43 pm My great aunt in North Carolina has a lot of black bears in her area, he son has a big dog that runs them off all the time.

Yeah but Odie is a friendly bear. Other bears travel halfway around the world to meet and spend time with him..... :laugh:
You know when I say I´ll take you on a bed of reindeer skins... Thats actually the most expensive date you´ve been on..

But thats on the house because you are with a big and strong lappish man. :teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Maneaters

:laugh:
Hats off to you Odinson, you take it well.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Maneaters

Odinson wrote: November 8th, 2018, 6:23 pm

You know when I say I´ll take you on a bed of reindeer skins... Thats actually the most expensive date you´ve been on..

But thats on the house because you are with a big and strong lappish man. :teehe:
I'm sure your gay friend will be very appreciative....

Just remember Caribou (similar to reindeer only bigger) skin is rather common in Canada, so I'm not sure he will be all that impressed.......:laugh: You will be better off having a good supply of the right lubricant on hand.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Maneaters

Renee wrote: November 9th, 2018, 11:02 am

Just remember Caribou (similar to reindeer only bigger) skin is rather common in Canada, so I'm not sure he will be all that impressed.......:laugh: You will be better off having a good supply of the right lubricant on hand.
Caribous and reindeers are the same thing. :teehe:

Canadians dont have the same cultural ties to the forest...
They are like city boys lost in the woods.

They dont have the lappish shaman skills.. :teehe:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Maneaters

Odinson wrote: November 9th, 2018, 6:13 pm

Same but different. The Woodland caribou, Porcupine and Barren Ground subspecies are native only to North America and are bigger than you lap reindeer.

Don't mistake those assholes from Vancouver or Toronto for real Canadians. Real Canadians wear bear skin for underwear, own at least 2 pairs of snow shoes (one for winter and one for summer :laugh:) and they pick their teeth with beaver bones....Now if you are talking about Aussies...well, they're all fags. :laugh:
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Maneaters

Renee wrote: November 11th, 2018, 3:57 pm
Odinson wrote: November 9th, 2018, 6:13 pm

Same but different. The Woodland caribou, Porcupine and Barren Ground subspecies are native only to North America and are bigger than you lap reindeer.

Don't mistake those assholes from Vancouver or Toronto for real Canadians. Real Canadians wear bear skin for underwear, own at least 2 pairs of snow shoes (one for winter and one for summer :laugh:) and they pick their teeth with beaver bones....Now if you are talking about Aussies...well, they're all fags. :laugh:
All those caribous have the shoulder height of 120cm.. Compared to our 150cm..
They are fatter though.

You and your small and flabby reindeers... Take that shit someplace else.. :teehe:

Arent canadians mostly french?
Pretty sure they wear those furs because they are stylish. :teehe:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Maneaters

Odinson wrote: November 11th, 2018, 6:44 pm All those caribous have the shoulder height of 120cm.. Compared to our 150cm..
They are fatter though.

You and your small and flabby reindeers... Take that shit someplace else.. :teehe:

Flabby?...The only thing flabby is your domesticated deer.... :laugh: You people keep them like sheep... :laugh: North American caribou have never been domesticated like cattle.

The endangered Boreal woodland caribou, ( Rangifer tarandus caribou) native only to North America are the largest of the cervidae family of deer second only to the moose.

Only about 20% of the Canadian population speaks French or is of French ancestry. The English and the American colonial militia defeated the French for control of Canada during the 7 years or (French and Indian) war, 1756 -1763. Canadan is still a commonwealth attached to the British crown. Their head of state is the British Queen.

Most of the French speaking Canadians are clustered around Quebec province. People in the other 9 provinces speak Chinese....🤣
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Maneaters

Renee wrote: November 12th, 2018, 12:42 pm
Odinson wrote: November 11th, 2018, 6:44 pm All those caribous have the shoulder height of 120cm.. Compared to our 150cm..
They are fatter though.

Flabby?...The only thing flabby is your domesticated deer.... :laugh: You people keep them like sheep... :laugh: North American caribou have never been domesticated like cattle.

The endangered Boreal woodland caribou, ( Rangifer tarandus caribou) native only to North America are the largest of the cervidae family of deer second only to the moose.

Only about 20% of the Canadian population speaks French or is of French ancestry. The English and the American colonial militia defeated the French for control of Canada during the 7 years or (French and Indian) war, 1756 -1763. Canadan is still a commonwealth attached to the British crown. Their head of state is the British Queen.

Most of the French speaking Canadians are clustered around Quebec province. People in the other 9 provinces speak Chinese....🤣
They are not like sheep.. They are free in the forest.
They are just owned by somebody. Indicated with a notch on the ear.

Hardly what you call "domesticated".. They arent even fed.
The difference is that you are not allowed to hunt them.

Watch the Gordon Ramsay episode where he eats reindeer meat.. He is in awe about the fact that its just solid meat.. No fat.

Reindeer meat is so expensive due to the fact that they arent being slaughtered like cattle.

Google says that the "rangifer tarandus caribou" shoulder height is around 4 feet.. To our 5 feet..
And the big woodland caribous in the pics seem to be bulkier but not as big as tall and magnificent as our big bucks.

I think you are mixing it something else because a moose is wayy bigger than these runts.. Shoulder height of 7 feet..

I know but the movies portray the canadians as french speaking gay men who like Celine Dion.. :teehe:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Maneaters

Odinson wrote: November 12th, 2018, 2:56 pm
They are fatter though.

Watch the Gordon Ramsay episode where he eats reindeer meat.. He is in awe about the fact that its just solid meat.. No fat.

Reindeer meat is so expensive due to the fact that they arent being slaughtered like cattle.

Google says that the "rangifer tarandus caribou" shoulder height is around 4 feet.. To our 5 feet..
And the big woodland caribous in the pics seem to be bulkier but not as big as tall and magnificent as our big bucks.

I think you are mixing it something else because a moose is wayy bigger than these runts.. Shoulder height of 7 feet..

I know but the movies portray the canadians as french speaking gay men who like Celine Dion.. :teehe:
"Reindeer are shorter, stouter and more sedentary than their long-legged caribou cousins, and although reindeer may migrate within their grazing range, they do not migrate long distances between wintering grounds and calving areas as caribou do."

"Reindeer bulls are smaller than caribou bulls, but reindeer cows generally weigh the same as caribou cows."

https://www.uaf.edu/files/news/featured ... rence.html

"Reindeer are stockier, have squarer heads, larger antlers, shorter legs. Where caribou are the taller, more elegant marathoners of the state, reindeer are aptly described as "more of a couch potato," according to Greg Finstad, program manager for the Reindeer Research Program at the University of Alaska Fairbanks."

https://www.adn.com/science/article/wha ... 012/12/25/

We have both species here in North America...reindeer are for slaughter...Caribou are for hunting.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Maneaters

Talking about animals..

My cat got severely injured today..
His entire tail was just hanging there when he got back home..

It was yanked right off its socket and the head of the bone was showing.

Now he has no tail at all and I´ll see if he survives this one..

It looks almost like some1 cut the skin clean to the bone and then tried to rip the tail off..
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Maneaters

Renee wrote: November 12th, 2018, 4:06 pm
Odinson wrote: November 12th, 2018, 2:56 pm
They are fatter though.

"Reindeer are shorter, stouter and more sedentary than their long-legged caribou cousins, and although reindeer may migrate within their grazing range, they do not migrate long distances between wintering grounds and calving areas as caribou do."

"Reindeer bulls are smaller than caribou bulls, but reindeer cows generally weigh the same as caribou cows."

https://www.uaf.edu/files/news/featured ... rence.html

"Reindeer are stockier, have squarer heads, larger antlers, shorter legs. Where caribou are the taller, more elegant marathoners of the state, reindeer are aptly described as "more of a couch potato," according to Greg Finstad, program manager for the Reindeer Research Program at the University of Alaska Fairbanks."

https://www.adn.com/science/article/wha ... 012/12/25/

We have both species here in North America...reindeer are for slaughter...Caribou are for hunting.
The article is a bit off.

Our reindeers dont even have an english name.

Probably means some kind of alaskan reindeer..

Allthough lumped together as "reindeer".. Ours comes from the rangifer tarandus tarandus.. The mountain reindeer.

The description fits more to the rangifer tarandus fennicus which is shorter but stouter than the caribou... But are not semi-domesticated.... But also called a "reindeer" in english.
Possibly shorter or the same height as caribou.

Also called your usual "deer" by us..

Our reindeers would migrate long distances if we didnt have fences in place between the different herding grounds.

No1 would ever call these scrawny beasts "stout" compared to a woodland caribou type tub of meat. :teehe:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Maneaters

Odinson wrote: November 13th, 2018, 7:56 pm The article is a bit off.

Allthough lumped together as "reindeer".. Ours comes from the rangifer tarandus tarandus.. The mountain reindeer.

The description fits more to the rangifer tarandus fennicus which is shorter but stouter than the caribou... But are not semi-domesticated.... But also called a "reindeer" in english.

Our reindeers would migrate long distances if we didnt have fences in place between the different herding grounds.

No1 would ever call these scrawny beasts "stout" compared to a woodland caribou type tub of meat. :teehe:
Migrate????To where???? Finland is barely the size of ONE Canadian province FFS. Where are they going to go...step across the border to Sweden for vacation?.. :laugh:

Some species of caribou in North America migrate over 3000 miles a year. Your meat ball deer would never make it.... :laugh: But to your credit reindeer meat is good...I've eaten it at the Norway exhibition in Disney. This was years ago before Disney turned the Akershus Banquet Hall into a princess character experience.

They had an amazing smorgasbord at one time and being that I was a big fat pig back then, I could spend hours stuffing my face... :laugh: Also the beer wasn't bad..."Ringnes"...pale pilsner, sort of bitter hoppy stuff that is also common here in the US. I remember our drunken Norwegian waiter tried to convince me that it was better than Budwiser but to be honest....there wasn't a hell of a lot of difference. But drink enough of it, and you really don't care what it tastes like. At least until it comes back up... :laugh:

But that was then and this is now....I no longer eat like a hog, or look like one and I understand the menu has been substantially pared down to a shadow of what it once was.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Maneaters

Renee wrote: November 14th, 2018, 2:27 pm

Migrate????To where???? Finland is barely the size of ONE Canadian province FFS. Where are they going to go...step across the border to Sweden for vacation?.. :laugh:

Some species of caribou in North America migrate over 3000 miles a year. Your meat ball deer would never make it.... :laugh: But to your credit reindeer meat is good...I've eaten it at the Norway exhibition in Disney. This was years ago before Disney turned the Akershus Banquet Hall into a princess character experience.

They had an amazing smorgasbord at one time and being that I was a big fat pig back then, I could spend hours stuffing my face... :laugh: Also the beer wasn't bad..."Ringnes"...pale pilsner, sort of bitter hoppy stuff that is also common here in the US. I remember our drunken Norwegian waiter tried to convince me that it was better than Budwiser but to be honest....there wasn't a hell of a lot of difference. But drink enough of it, and you really don't care what it tastes like. At least until it comes back up... :laugh:

But that was then and this is now....I no longer eat like a hog, or look like one and I understand the menu has been substantially pared down to a shadow of what it once was.
They´d herd in a much larger area if we didnt put fences in place.. They are somewhat contained but they do move around a lot.

Russia, Sweden, Norway... We return the reindeers if we discover they are not "finnish".

These guys are not "meat balls".. There isnt that much meat on them..
Rather slim but strong.

Such an exhibit is too non-PC for Disney I bet.. :teehe:

You were like me now with the smorgasbord then.. :teehe: The reindeer meat is fucking good but also really expensive.

Budweiser is too light for our taste.. I dont know anybody who drinks it.
Finnish beers are considerably more darker in taste.. Takes away the bitterness.

The dark beers are better appetizers..

But if you are drinking for drinkings sake, then everything with alcohol in it is pretty good. :teehe:

You looked pretty sexy in your old pics. :teehe:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Maneaters

Odinson wrote: November 14th, 2018, 6:20 pm

They´d herd in a much larger area if we didnt put fences in place.. They are somewhat contained but they do move around a lot.

Russia, Sweden, Norway... We return the reindeers if we discover they are not "finnish".

Rather slim but strong.

You were like me now with the smorgasbord then.. :teehe: The reindeer meat is fucking good but also really expensive.

Finnish beers are considerably more darker in taste.. Takes away the bitterness.

But if you are drinking for drinkings sake, then everything with alcohol in it is pretty good. :teehe:

Old pics?... :think: .... yeah those are the good ones...Not all of them were as flattering. There was a time were you couldn't even find a pic of me in family photos because I was always behind the camera and for good reason...There wasn't a lense wide enough to capture all of me... :laugh:

As for beer, I rarely drink it nowadays...if I do, it's usually a Belgian white or maybe a black and tan. Normally I stick to red wine or an occasional bourbon on the rocks.

I don't drink to get drunk anymore...I get weepy and belligerent...I'm not a fun drunk. All the dark parts of my personality get personified when I'm drunk, so I stay sober, even on holidays.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Maneaters

Renee wrote: November 15th, 2018, 1:26 pm
Odinson wrote: November 14th, 2018, 6:20 pm

Rather slim but strong.

Old pics?... :think: .... yeah those are the good ones...Not all of them were as flattering. There was a time were you couldn't even find a pic of me in family photos because I was always behind the camera and for good reason...There wasn't a lense wide enough to capture all of me... :laugh:

As for beer, I rarely drink it nowadays...if I do, it's usually a Belgian white or maybe a black and tan. Normally I stick to red wine or an occasional bourbon on the rocks.

I don't drink to get drunk anymore...I get weepy and belligerent...I'm not a fun drunk. All the dark parts of my personality get personified when I'm drunk, so I stay sober, even on holidays.
The ones prior to your weight-loss.. You cant take a bad pic.. :teehe:
You havent been complimented enough and thats why you think so low of yourself.

Red wine.. As opposed to every other lady I´ve ever known. :teehe:

The best beers might come from eastern-europe... Kozel and such..
Kozel is pretty good.

I usually drink a finnish beer called "bear"..

Everybody gets weepy and angry when they drink a couple too many and forget to go to sleep.. :teehe: