Romero and evs.

Civil discussion, and self moderation appreciated :-)
Mel Gibson

Romero and evs.

Blue Frost wrote: May 3rd, 2019, 10:34 pm :5+5: re write ?
Mr Bumpaty has skills
Yup! It's been changed again though... 'Anonymous' bumping the post itself is no longer visible. I think 'Anonymous' didn't realize that was visible to me, as it was only visible when logged out.

Anonymous couldn't change the posting date back though, and seeing as how I made that post two months ago, and not yesterday, 'Anonymous' should stop playing around with the Mod panel, 'cause Ace notices everything... :wink:

Most likely just Evs fucking around with her usual KGB style tactics, or Mimi attempting to bumble her way through the Mod or Admin panel... :angry:

:laugh:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Romero and evs.

:think: I'm not sure how it happened, the logs see no changes in the post, just bumps.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Romero and evs.

I went back and edited the post to include what briefly appeared at the bottom of it for about half the day, before it disappeared...

Not that I care all that much, but just interesting to note! Never seen the date of a post changed by an appearing and then disappearing Anonymous bump! :laugh:

More than likely just Evs KGB style tactics... You can take someone outta Eastern Europe, but you can't take the Eastern Euro slav outta them!

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Romero and evs.

Not seeing it in any of the log files, and it's not Eves. My guess there is a permission setting being taken advantage of, there is three ways settings can be set, and one must be conflicting.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Romero and evs.

It's no big deal. Just never seen a post bumped in that manner before, which also happened to change the posting date of the original post too!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Romero and evs.

Like I said, Mr Bumpaty has skills. :teehe:
I can see where they get bumped, but not how they get changed which isn't right since if I change a post it will show in the logs.
Mel Gibson

Romero and evs.

Blue Frost wrote: July 17th, 2019, 12:16 am Like I said, Mr Bumpaty has skills. :teehe:
I can see where they get bumped, but not how they get changed which isn't right since if I change a post it will show in the logs.
This is certainly a strange phenomenon here! :laugh:

It's not possible to do this on my forum...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Romero and evs.

i have not seen any changes, but maybe I just don't pay enough attention.
If any changes let me know so I can check logs, and it it's been messed with, last times I checked I saw nothing but stuff I did like cleaning, and deleting trash.
Strange if it's happening, i wouldn't know how it does.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 7:38 pm i have not seen any changes, but maybe I just don't pay enough attention.
If any changes let me know so I can check logs, and it it's been messed with, last times I checked I saw nothing but stuff I did like cleaning, and deleting trash.
My post above yours is about six+ months old. I didn't bump it. It's an old post!

There's a way you can disable post bumping, but I'm a bit too drunk right now...

I'll go into the ACP panel shortly, and show you how to disable that.
Mel Gibson

OK. I'm not too drunk, I guess...

Go into your ACP. General heading. Board Configuration. Post Settings. Posting. Bump Interval.

Set that shit to zero like I have, and maybe that solves problem?

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 4:03 am
Blue Frost wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 7:38 pm i have not seen any changes, but maybe I just don't pay enough attention.
My post above yours is about six+ months old. I didn't bump it. It's an old post!

There's a way you can disable post bumping, but I'm a bit too drunk right now...

I'll go into the ACP panel shortly, and show you how to disable that.
Post bumping isn't much of an issue, changing post is an issue so I would like to know how, and when it happens.
I don't mind people changing their own post, but others i do.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

OK, Mr bumpy is going to be sad, it's been disabled.
I really didn't mind myself, but others did.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 2:01 pm OK, Mr bumpy is going to be sad, it's been disabled.
I really didn't mind myself, but others did.
I can see how it could be confusing, as the post of mine you quoted was dated Dec. 22, but was actually posted months ago! That's the weird part, is the bumping is actually changing the date of the original post!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well lets see whats next, no more bumping .
I didn't see much in the log file, except for some work done, and spammers deleted.
Mel Gibson

It's weird that it would do that... Almost a forum glitch, since I don't think that moderators can even change the actual posting date of a post!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I never seen it before except here, but as many times as this forum has been tossed around it's not surprising.
For a while we thought a ghost inhabited the forum, maybe it's back. LOL, the bumpity ghost
Mel Gibson

I do see that there's a phpBB extension that could be installed which does allow a moderator to change the date of a post, but I'm not really sure what use that would be!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

A troll owned forum maybe :laugh:

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.