recipes i'd like to try

No votes

Total votes: 0

andy1

Re: recipes i'd like to try

Unread post by andy1 »

lol omg that sure wouldn't be a good idea. hm wonder what else is out there. and god help me, my first thought was medical mj lol and i'm very much opposed to blazing every day cuz it's *fun* (not to mention it's illegal to do it for fun) BUT if it'd help you fall asleep without harsh side-effects why not (actually can you even get it prescribed over there?)

Blue Frost

Unread post by Blue Frost »

No and I wouldn't anyhow, that stuff stinks everything up. I think I just need to loose some weight, get on a routine, and stick to it. If I could work I could get tired more also to sleep .

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

stinks everything up - i couldn't agree more - i can't stand its smell. and here in this beautiful city of vancouver that's the thing that annoys me the most - you can smell it almost everywhere, esp on a nice day.

and agreed, exercise is the way.. that's something i'd like to do more too.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

as far as the recipes - this one sounds yummy and it's super easy and quick.

[youtube][/youtube]

Blue Frost

Oh how Yummy :tt1: I wish it was cool enough to grill out, here it's hot and humid out.
Need some good ice tea with that salmon, sun tea preferably.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

sun tea! i've only heard of that stuff but never made it myself! i guess i was never patient enough to do it:)

making pizza for dinner today. can't wait!

Blue Frost

Oh sun tea you make when your going out, you sit it there till you get home. It's a more mellow taste than that boiled stuff, and likely better for you.

I had fried catfish tonight, it was really good stuff, I need a snack now though.
Your making the pizza from scratch :) thats the best way sometimes. I wish you could have some of my onions and peppers I have growing, they would help :)

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

oh they sure would. fresh tomatoes are a great ingredient too cuz they add the sweetness to the pizza but the biggest trick is to not put too much cheese cuz that makes the pizza too salty. also most deli meats are way too salty so i try to avoid them altogether. still the pizza turns out delicious and i'm thinking it's the olive oil i use to grease the pan and a 'ton' of finely chopped veggies. all the meat eaters at home love it even tho i make it vegetarian.

not sure what i'll do next.. can't think blue:)).. my mind is a blank slate. will browse youtube to get ideas tomorrow. must sleep now. gnight:)

Blue Frost

Yeah the salt I don't need at all, and have cut out salting my food all together.
I need to cut out something else because I don't want to get fatter than what I am, or my blood pressure to go up anymore.
Me I don't like many veggies, now if they are roasted, or raw maybe more, but the majority not.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

oh bbq'ed veggies are teh best! raw too - basically those two are mostly worth eating anyway so you are good:)

will be making pizza again tomorrow - it's not always as good as it was last time but i guess this last time it made a 'lasting impression' on my son so he's asking for it again even tho it's been only a couple of days:))..

as far as you weight loss, i think you already eat very little blue, i'd only increase your physical activity if you want to lose more weight. oh, duce posted a vid of a woman who's 'selling' raw food diet as this new super healthy way of eating but i thought it was interesting when she said how she used to have really bad migraines and ever since she started eating raw foods (veggies and fruits i guess) she doesn't have them.

[youtube][/youtube]

i don't think that only raw food is the way to go (for me anyway) but i thought of you when she mentioned migraines cuz who knows maybe there is something to it.. maybe worth a try?

Blue Frost

I don't diet at all, thats not the way to go in my opinion. What you need to do is change your lifestyle and what you eat, it's apparently the cause.
What I need is to change what I eat, not the amount since like you said, I don't eat much.
As for exercise, my issues with my back and neck keep me from it. I would love to be able to work out and do more.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

oh blue i think when she says diet she doesn't mean one of those part time things, i think she means the style of nutrition! for life.

and as far as exercise - why not try swimming? nothing is as low impact as swimming. the only prob is i'm not sure how would your skin react to the swimming pool water.

Blue Frost

I would love a pool, but I don't have one, and the public ones are well public :scared:
I think I would live in it if I had one, my skin would be alright since it's excessively dry .

That "diet" just veggies, I don't like veggies much, and the common ones around are just barely eatable because they ripen them in a whorehouse, or pick them not ripe..
Now if we had an affordable variety that was good it might be a good substitute part of the time, that would be better for you I think.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

yes but you have your own veggies from you garden!:) you can always add some cheese to them or mayo to make them more yummy, some wholegrain bread too and just have that for dinner maybe? dunno, would depend on what you're inspired to do too:)

and public swimming pools can be ok too, maybe if you found one that's not too crowded? i think it'd be totally worth the hassle of going there and all the rest - swimming is the best workout ever. especially during your hot summers.

Blue Frost

I rather keep away from the pools here, they are so nasty because most the people are nasty.
If I was to start I would need to buy a pool.

Right now in the garden I have Cucumbers, Onions, some Garlic, green beans, green tomatoes, and green peppers.
Really that's not much, but I can enjoy a little :)
The onions and peppers I love on lots of stuff.