recipes i'd like to try

No votes

Total votes: 0

andy1

recipes i'd like to try

Unread post by andy1 »

believe it or not - i've never made home-made salsa. yet. but wanted to do it for a long time now:)

[youtube][/youtube]

Blue Frost

Re: recipes i'd like to try

Unread post by Blue Frost »

yummy I want Cheese sauce now to put that in.
I have a lot of fresh onions in the garden, but the Tomatoes are still green so no salsa for me. I'm thinking Ill grill or broil some tomatoes and peppers this year, that might really make that salsa good.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

awesome!! nothing beats home made tomatoes ripened while still on the vine - nothing compares:) having your own garden is not easy but it certainly pays off.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

i like how this lady did her video:) i made scalloped potatoes yesterday and they were yummy!

[youtube][/youtube]

Blue Frost

I picked cucumbers, carrots, green onions, and finished off the radishes today :) the lettuces is great, the tomatoes, peppers, and green beans are on the way :)
Hey, it helps a lot to have fresh veggies, they are the only ones ill eat during the year unless it's a potato, or something like a pickle, the store bought stuff is garbage here.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

that is awesome if you can grow your own:) and couldn't agree more - most veggies and fruits which are sold in stores have been picked way before their prime and ripened in some warehouse somewhere instead on the tree/vine.. the only decent stuff nowadays is what's sold at farmer markets.

Blue Frost

Don't forget price at stores and markets, it's high. I spend a lot also to keep mine up, I bought a wire fence and post this year that was over $100, but at least Ill use it for years I hope.
Ill be building it up some this fall also, and that will cost a lot likely.
The veggies are worth it though, they are nothing like the store stuff which is all you mentioned.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

yes!! oh it's worth ten times the money you invest.. and time:).. i wish i were a green thumbs person blue, but i'm not lol:( i'm very bad with indoor plants too, altho some do survive. i have a few dracenas (i think that's how they are called) and one that i'm loving a lot (but i almost killed it this last time we moved, it somehow miraculously revived itself thank god) - it's called aralia fabian and it doesn't blossom but it has the most cute leaves you've ever seen..

mine is a bit taller, and it has nicer rounder leaves tho.. i don't know why this poor thing has curly leaves:))

Blue Frost

That's a nice looking plant, I wish I had the light down here to have one. I think all I can grow down here is mushrooms since I keep it so dark.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

haha! nah.. out living room is so and so but kitchen and eating area are very bright - everything survives despite my neglect there:) gmorning! i hope you're well rested blue, it's a new week, new day, everything new.. i'm better than last but could go back to bed for another half an hour if i only could but nm!

Blue Frost

No sleep here, it seems I'm not aloud .
Great you can have plants, all mine is outside.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

oh blue:( you are allowed. and you need to sleep.. maybe you need to see a hypnotist or acupuncturist or something lol:(

k, let's see, a recipe for sleeping:))

[youtube][/youtube]

Blue Frost

I was told that I was the type that couldn't be hypnotized, I would like to have acupuncture though for my neck mainly.

Hey that guy putting sugar in that might keep you awake, I would need to leave that out, and no soy I hate that stuff.
I was thinking Almond milk though, I want to try that.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

i hate soy milk too:))

k, what can you do to sleep more? have you tried anything? anything that worked i mean.

oh and how do they know you can't be hypnotized:))

Blue Frost

I had an alternative health doctor that mentioned it, he said I wasn't the type to be hypnotized because my thinking was a bit complex. Likely staying on subject :laugh:
He suggested acupuncture, and some tea, I never did get my acupuncture.
Now I got drunk once at a Christmas party at work, I slept better than night than I ever did in my life.
I felt great the next day also, but I really don't want to start the drinking.