what's for breakfast forum?

Blue Frost

Re: what's for breakfast forum?

Unread post by Blue Frost »

I should have been a baker :) everyone would love me lol
I would likely be 500 lbs .
Hope you have had fun lately and not ran ragged, it's been a while .

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

been well the last couple of days, really well so i've catching up with some housework that i've been neglecting for the past couple of months - that feels really good.

hope you are too:)

lol@500ibs:)).. nah. you just think so. i've never ate less bread than after i started making my own. the fact that it's about 70% wholewheat makes it very filling and by the time i finish baking it, i smelled it for so long that i don't need to eat it:)) well not quite but almost:)

had my vegan thumbprint cookies for breakfast - two of them!

Blue Frost

Oh no baked bread, I would smell it baking and craved it the whole time then would eat almost a loaf with a stick of butter lol. I'm a pig for fresh baked bread if it's good. I really need to stop eating the white bread the most, it's so unhealthy really.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

you think that but it's not quite like that:))
and i loove fresh bread - it's totally my fist choice for comfort/carb food. but yeah white bread - i can't remember when i had it last. any whole-grain or just whole-wheat is the way to go:)

Blue Frost

It's hard to get good bread here anymore, it's all made with stuff that shouldn't be in bread like soy, or cottonseed oil. I hate all that garbage that shouldn't even be used for animal feed.
I saw once that they was making wheat bread that tasted like whole white, maybe if I can find it I might enjoy the stuff.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

oh blue - i think you should maybe get a bread maker!:) - that thing changed my life! this is the one i have but i'm sure there are much better ones out there:

with that thing you don't need to be a baking wizard and you'll have a perfect loaf of bread free of any additives whenever you want! (gawd i sound like a tv add but it's true!) what say you:)

Blue Frost

Oh no I don't need another one of those lol, I would be big as a house.
It is nice having one though and the smell, oh my it fills the whole house up.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

you would not be big as a house:)).. but yeah smell is soo good. truth is sometimes smell alone fills you up and you don't even feel very hungry. and also, you get used to it after the first few 'rounds' so it's not as tempting as it in the beginning:)

breakfast was some sweet bread the boys brought from the US whole foods, believe it or not. it's sold as regular bread over there but to me it was so sweet that it tasted like a sweet loaf with nuts and seeds. a bit like banana bread, only minus bananas:)

Blue Frost

Yummy I'm hungry again, need some banana nut bread lol
Oh no I ate a lot of that home made bread and it never got old, and a stick of butter with it every time. I love good bread, and that's all I need in a meal.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

I love good bread, and that's all I need in a meal.
same here:))... i really don't feel like i ate if i don't have some bread with my meal:)

today i discovered the best brekky ever - pb&j but with a layer of fresh raspberries in btwn the two slices of bread - it was delish. so much so that i had that for lunch too:))

Blue Frost

LOL good fruit, I need more of it .
I had a donut :( glad they are all gone, I hope none come around in the near future.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

aww.. well at least you destroyed them by eating them lol:(... yeah they are a bad combo of fried oil and carbs. but what do you do. sides, it it doesn't kill you, it'll make you stronger:))

i had the same as yesterday this morning and i think i may again repeat it for lunch:)) raspberries crazy or what!

Blue Frost

Yeah I need to try to cook more with applesauce, it's good on a lot of stuff especially meats.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

it is!:)

brekky today the usual and a bowl of strawberries. they are still so inexpensive and yummy this time of year:)

Blue Frost

I forgot breakfast because I was needed and company invaded my space :(