webhosts discussions - what's best what sucks

No votes

Total votes: 0

Blue Frost

Re: webhosts discussions - what's best what sucks

Unread post by Blue Frost »

Well good luck Andy1, if I can help somehow just let me know. I know you capable, and likely don't need me for anything, but I really wish I could help.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

thanks blue:)
<3

hey we're on the new host!! yey! and i just unbanned baidu bot on the other forum to test the new server lol it's so humongous, it appeared rt away like a big bad botoctopus coming at us from hundreds of IPs:)).. but so far so good - we'll see if i'll have to ban it again:)

k, our new host is JaguarPC and so far - their customer service is superb. they did the move, they did everything and it was practically seamless, save for a few missing posts. i hope they stay this way, but - we'll see:)

Blue Frost

I noticed everything is loading faster :) I hope it's not just a good day for me.
They moved it all for you, wow ! that is nice.
If I ever move I may have to check them out.
I'm glad it's done, that's a lot less stress, and bother on you, more tome to relax I hope.

My site has been running pretty good lately, I did a few tweaks and it helped.
Limiting the time stuff can stay open helped the most I think. :)

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

agreed that helped me the most i think too:)

everything is loading pretty good for me too but i thought that's some sort of illusion, like when you go for an oil change and suddenly it seems like your car is running better:)) we'll see how it goes from now on tho, but one thing is for sure - their ticket system is superior to everything i've seen so far - you get an email when somebody is assigned your ticket every time you make a post so you know exactly what's happening with your request at any time.

now i just gotta see how eleven2 handles my cancellation request. will report about that too:)
happy saturday!:)

oh and blue, these are the new guys http://www.jaguarpc.com/ if you wanna move hosts they seem to be the place to move to. they are not the cheapest ones out there but they are very inexpensive compared to what elevan2 tried to sell me recently - it made my head spin, really.. can't remember if i wrote about it or not (i think i did - $225/mo?), but it was astoundingly stupid what they were asking to charge without even taking the time to see what i'm running on their servers and whether it warrants a fully managed cloud server or not. eleven2 is a stellar example of a relatively good webhost who greedily stretched themselves too thin by overselling their server resources.

Blue Frost

WOW looking at the higher prices hosting packages make me want to run lol, but if the lower priced ones keep you running 100% of the time that's super great. I hope it's all it says, sounds like a good move.

It's loading a lot better in here, I can tell right off today. Every time I have been here it's loading about the same and fast, seems pretty stable to me. :) Before, and especially the last few days I was wondering if it was going to load, it's been bad lately. It never loaded as good I don't think, close maybe.

GuardianFlash

Unread post by GuardianFlash »

My hosting is only $10 per year(not per month). Cheap eh. Cheap enough for a not so busy site.

Blue Frost

I was just there :) I like your site, some sweet people on it also.
So far it's been loading great.

GuardianFlash

Unread post by GuardianFlash »

Thanks for being a regular. A few trolls, but at least they drop by.

Blue Frost

:) I appreciate you GF, and the trolls some are pretty cool sometimes .

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

totally agreed. had a hiccup yesterday or this morning can't remember but they've rectified it pretty quickly - this is still shared host, there will be problems but at least people these ppl don't sound like crooks. sad to say this but the previous bunch was just that.

Blue Frost

It lagged a while yesterday on me, it did load after a minute though. It was likely me bragging about the speed :laugh: I'm such a Jinx.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

haha! i know what you mean, i am too:)

oh monday survived. almost. one thing i found out and want to report about is that eleven2 does not refund you after 60 days from the start of your contract. so that's the lousiest return policy among all hosts that i know of and it makes me even happier that i left.

Blue Frost

Well you should just keep a spare forum open on it just for the trolls to play on, let them run a muck on it making them all mods. :laugh:

Blue Frost

It's a shame they have to be so low not giving you a refund. Ill be sure to avoid them in the future.
Mine seems pretty good getting back to me, and will refund me the money, but have their issues.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

oh agreed:)) i took so much pleasure tweeting about the situation - the world has the right to know these things.

good idea to leave a forum over there for trolls to play:)).. but nah.. best to close that door.