Email forwarding help!

GuardianFlash

Email forwarding help!

Unread post by GuardianFlash »

I cannot figure this out. Been reading so much on GoDaddy on MX records and it doesn't help. My domain name is with GoDaddy. My hosting is with 2FreeHosting. My email address "Jack@Example.com" that I set up on GoDaddy to forward to my Gmail doesn't not work. It says pending setup on the MX record. I set that same Jack@Example.com on 2FreeHosting to forward to my Gmail and that too it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? What MX record do I need to set up on 2Freehosting? smtp.secureserver.net? That is what I have on 2Freehosting. On GoDaddy there is nowhere to change MX record. It says my MX record is smtp.secureserver.net.Example.com and that the correct MX record is smtp.secureserver.net.

When people email me at Jack@Example.com I do not receive it. Do I set my email up with my domain provider or my hosting provider?

Blue Frost

Re: Email forwarding help!

Unread post by Blue Frost »

Will their support help GF, looks like they would.
Sorry I have no Idea. :blush:

sidv220

Unread post by sidv220 »

GuardianFlash wrote:I cannot figure this out. Been reading so much on GoDaddy on MX records and it doesn't help. My domain name is with GoDaddy. My hosting is with 2FreeHosting. My email address "Jack@Example.com" that I set up on GoDaddy to forward to my Gmail doesn't not work. It says pending setup on the MX record. I set that same Jack@Example.com on 2FreeHosting to forward to my Gmail and that too it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? What MX record do I need to set up on 2Freehosting? smtp.secureserver.net? That is what I have on 2Freehosting. On GoDaddy there is nowhere to change MX record. It says my MX record is smtp.secureserver.net.Example.com and that the correct MX record is smtp.secureserver.net.

When people email me at Jack@Example.com I do not receive it. Do I set my email up with my domain provider or my hosting provider?
GF, If you are pointing your domain to 2freehosting from Godaddy, then you need to login to your cPanel on 2freehosting and setup the MX record at the 2Freehosting. It may take upto 45 minutes to refresh your MX record. After that, from 2Freehosting forward your emails to Gmail. Since you'r pointing domain to 2Freehosting, your web and emails (A and MX) records are being pointed to 2Freehosting. Disable MX record at Godaddy.com and configure at 2freehosting.
I have a couple of accounts, where domain is registered with hostmonster.com, and points to 2Freehosting. I configured MX record at 2freehosting then login to Mail through cPanel on 2Freehosting and activate the forwarding service to forward mails to Yahoo.

sidv220

Unread post by sidv220 »

GuardianFlash wrote:That is what I have on 2Freehosting. On GoDaddy there is nowhere to change MX record. It says my MX record is smtp.secureserver.net.Example.com and that the correct MX record is smtp.secureserver.net.
GF,
Sorry, I did not read carefully above lines. You a period (.) missing after your domain name in the MX record, therefore you see smtp.secureserver.net.Example.com as your MX record.
Go to 2Freehosting, login to your cPanel, then click on MXRecord. Make sure you have mx1.2freehosting.com. (Note there is a period after .com - i.e. mx1.2freehosting.com. Not mx1.2freehosting.com), save and logout your cPanel. Within 45 minutes your MX record should refresh at the root servers. Your email should work after you put a forwarding in the 2Freehosting cPanel.

GuardianFlash

Unread post by GuardianFlash »

Thanks for the info sid! Man you're the best. It works now!!!

sidv220

Unread post by sidv220 »

GF,
You welcome! Sorry, I do not get time to check this forum everyday. In future, if you have questions and need answer immediately, please send email directly to me at sidv220 [at] gmail [dot] com. I will do my best.