website optimization

Blue Frost

website optimization

Unread post by Blue Frost »

Hello ;-) I was given a site today that's actually pretty cool.
It's called website optimization, and will tell you ways to optimize the forum. mine is really in bad shape I found out :001_unsure: lots of warnings, and to many pics :confused1: I think it's anal on the pics.
I'm not sure how I can help mine, not good at php stuff, but Ill take a look later.

Well maybe check it out if just for a look ;-)
http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

sidv220

Re: website optimization

Unread post by sidv220 »

It is mostly uploaded picture issues. All the website optimization tools will complain about it. You have a forum where members upload pictures. You cannot control pictures size, alt tags and description tags. I do not know about phpBB, but on my forum I have a Wordpress plugin which automatically takes care of it, but inserting meta keys for the pictures. You should not worry about it, if you are not looking for higher SEO ranking to drive more traffic to your forum.

Blue Frost

Hey hi Sid
I'm not much worried about the pictures either, after you view a page the cache has them to load, they are not a drag after the first loading.
My server sent me the link because they have an issue that they are trying to blame on me. What it is every night same times the site lags, and sometimes crashes, all because they have an issue.
If it was my stuff it would lag all the time.

sidv220

Unread post by sidv220 »

Blue Frost,

You are right lags or technical problems do not happen at the same time. It is their fault. I had a similar issue with my ISP (Comcast.) I used to have Internet connection down from 6:00 AM to 8:30 AM every morning. Tech support kept blaming on Cable modem and other technical issue. After a few weeks when I threaten to take legal actions for turning connection off every morning, they sent area manager of technician to look at the problem and check connections. I had a written letter ready that I was going to sue Comcast to turn connection off daily in violations of contract. When area manager came, first thing I did gave him the letter. Internet connection stopped going down from next day. They were turning off the connection every morning to conserve bandwidth.

Blue Frost

Sad to say I am thinking of doing about the same to them just to get out of the wordy contract . I would rather to have them just fix the issue, but sadly they keep saying no issues here. :001_unsure:
I hate to keep nagging them, but seems to be the only thing I can do right now since I'm not in the mood to do much more right now.

Hey Merry Christmas, and happy Holiday, hope you have the best, or at least some time off .

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

that's awful.. so many crooks in the webhosting business. good ones are an infraction rather than the norm.