update to 3.0.9 done

No votes

Total votes: 0

andy1

Re: update to 3.0.9 done

Unread post by andy1 »

done!! finally:) phew. bed time.. almost fell asleep uploading files:))

Blue Frost

Unread post by Blue Frost »

Great :) it didn't hurt to much did it :) I hope you had no issues, and all is well now.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

no, thank god! i just wanna change the titles font to what i changed it to the last time but i forgot which one i used:)).. also the skin is not updated here and there. they still haven't validated them i guess (the d/l'able versions of both styles are 3.0.8 at the phpBB website) so that's pending for both forums.

Blue Frost

Oh I forgot the skins updates also a lot of times, arrrrg, I hate that.
I had to uninstall mine last time because it didn't want to update, and reinstall, it was much easier for me.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

update of skin should be relatively easy as you typically just need to upload the compressed new skin folder and once you extract it, it automatically replaces all the old files. prob is if you do it this way, you lose all the changes you made to it.. but as long as you remember everything you did (assuming that's not too many things), you can just do it again. what else:))..

Blue Frost

Oh yeah my color changes would be gone, and all the bling, I forgot that.
Last time I lost the quick reply window :(

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

aw bluey.. just do this, the window will come back. the only problem is you have to do that after every update..

baby alarm, brb with the link.

edit: here http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/display ... prosilver/

i may have posted this somewhere before too but there it is again.

Blue Frost

I think I have figured a way to save my changes, Ill do a total install of the skin and just drop the part of the skin folder that has the image files and put mine in. :)
Ill look at that link later when I redo the thing. :)

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

sounds good! do you put images in the theme images folder or in the imageset folder?

Blue Frost

Yeah image set and EN I believe that in the Imageset folder.
I just cope each pic to the desktop on the forum and mod it and then replace it, always keeping a backup of the skin of course. :)

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

that sounds prudent:).. hi bluey, been forever again, or it feels that way anyway:)

i noticed that google was not seeing my sitemap after the update so i thought that the update screwed up the sitemap mod - the one that automatically submits the forum sitemap to google. then i realized it was not the update but there is a new version of UMIL that needed to be downloaded for the sitemap to work so i did that from here http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/official_tool/umil/ but the sitemap still seems to not be working - this is what i see in my webmasters tools account:
Screen shot 2011-08-14 at 9.51.43 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

which is why - and i can't say this enough - less mods the better!:)

Blue Frost

I don't have a clue what you posted there :confused1: but not surprising.
It's for the search to find the content maybe from what I figure, I hope it keeps working.
We don't need many mods really, some are just toys to distract I guess.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

hi blue!:) yeah some are toys but some are very useful. submitting a sitemap to search engines is to help them find your website and get them to pay attention to as much of your useful content as possible. when i say 'useful' i mean good useful or interesting discussion pages, not your faq or member profiles, which are usually made non-crawl-able on many forums.

hope that made some sense:)). gotta check my webmasters account to see if i managed to fix the break or not. will do that later.. hope all is well on your end of the forum world blue frost:) we have virtually no down time since the big disaster last week so i'mma call this good times:)

Blue Frost

Oh I understand but don't know much about using it or have the ambition to use it myself :)
I'm quite happy with my lack of traffic from the bots.