Banning Problim in SQL

Blue Frost

Banning Problim in SQL

Unread post by Blue Frost »

I just had an issue banning an IP on my forum, it had a blank page except for a 0 up top. Apparently it was holding old data that I deleted earlier this year, and not allowing anymore or use in the ACP. I got it fixed though after some time experimenting.
What I did was Truncate the ban_ip database in it's SQL files. It took 7754 bites of info and deleted it to start all new again.
It was an experiment fixing it but it worked great, now I have my ban hammer back :)
Could I do it again I don't know, it was in the direct values I believe where it gave the option.

andy1

Re: Banning Problim in SQL

Unread post by andy1 »

omg i think i did the same thing once!!.. see here:)) http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1760745

Blue Frost

LOL I fixed mine on my own, I just took a chance that it would fix it .
I actually deleted the whole thing and made it all new again, it kept adding the value back just moving it around trying to delete the thing.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

oh you are so brave! i am such a wuss when it comes to myphpadmin - my hands start shaking when i need to do anything there let alone delete something:))

k, as long as you figured it out. btw, i stopped banning IPs altogether, the only one i have on permanent ban is RDL's IP, for everybody else (for when they are naughty that is), TO's work fine for now..

Blue Frost

I don't ban anyone either, no need unless it's proxy boy, and I just do that to make him feel good like he done something lol
I could ban all proxy users but I rather not.