3.0.10 Update

Blue Frost

3.0.10 Update

Unread post by Blue Frost »

Well just updated last night to the new PHPBB, it was pretty easy this time.
I guess where I cleaned out all the rubbish from my move last time it didn't have as many errors to work around.

Hope you have an easy time of it Andy1

andy1

Re: 3.0.10 Update

Unread post by andy1 »

saw the update notice and imediately thought of you:))..

oh blue - there's three forums to do this time, never mind the styles.. maybe tonight.

i messed up something big time recently. on the other forum i have installed a while ago the SEO mod - mod which converts dynamic URLs to static, html URLs. anyway, it was never updated by the author and as i was updating to my earlier version of the main software i lost the mod - it wasn't working for those newer versions, at least not with all the other mods i had on there.

anyway, i decided to look into it again recently and try to fix it and i did fix the URLs but my polls stopped working and the mod fix that was posted for polls didn't really help. but that's not the worst part - the worst part is that i went to the author and asked him how to fix the polls and the fix he posted not only didn't fix my polls, i think it screwed up the who's online list at the bottom of the page or something:)).. i mean he's very sweet to have tried to help but he told me only after the fact that he wrote that code when 3.0.x was still beta, never mind 3.0.10:) oh well - gotta update to 10 and hopefully that'll fix the online list and we'll probably lose the static URLs but whatdoyoudo - we'll live without them.

Blue Frost

Interesting on the update, it looks like it would have sort of worked right.
I guess to much conflicting I don't know.
This update went more smooth than ever before for me, I think because last time I deleted a massive amount of redundant data from where I changed servers. I had to go through every file last time.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

sounds good!! k, updated this lil place and its style too! have the other two still to do. maybe tonight:)

happy sunday!

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

done the other two yey!:)

still got to update the main style on the big forum but the biggest chunk of work is d-o-ne..

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

ps. guardianFL - you gotta update too - don't forget:)

i remember when i first started i skipped some 2-3 updates until i clicked what that red text in my ACP was saying:))

oh - and the good news is - i seem to have kept thew static URLs on the big forum after the update but the bad news is - the polls are still not working lol:(... oh well. i'll look into it again after i update the style.

Blue Frost

Yes Update GF, important stuff in there.
Unpack the zip, then drag it into the C-panel into the right spot and go from there.
It will likely give you some files to update when doing the update, you might need to put them in manually swapping the ones already in the forum files.
Hard for me to explain, but not hard at all.