Unread post by andy1 »

this for you blue frost:)
(as found on phpBB site)

YouTube BBCode:

Code: Select all

[youtube]{IDENTIFIER}[/youtube]

HTML replacement:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/{IDENTIFIER}" width="425" height="350">
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/{IDENTIFIER}" />
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
    </object>

Example usage:

[youtube]YouTube video ID string here[/youtube]
or

[youtube]uBbmiQhuAhU[/youtube]

Recommended help line text:

Enter the video ID string -- the video ID string is the part after v= in the URL

Blue Frost

Re: how to add youtube BBCode to your phpBB forum

Unread post by Blue Frost »

I already have it, I have a Youtube button, that was the first mod I placed on the forum.
I have been looking for a way to put quick Reply on it all day and night so far but that's becoming a hard one . I installed two different mods but they didn't show up so I think it's the theme.
I might have to look for a new one if I can find a nice one, the one I have never got past the first test stage I believe.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

blue, so sorry then, i'm an idiot i only saw some youtube links posted on your forum and just assumed you don't have it, didn't even check:))

k, quick reply! maybe i can help:))

i highly recommend this - it's nicely customizable and i believe that is what they have here:

http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/f ... ly_editor/

let me know if it's hard to get it to work blue, i want to help.

Blue Frost

I appreciate it :) ill try it out but Ill have to learn to install it first. I tried a super quick reply and it didn't work and another one but all I did was mess up some settings.
I have no Smiley control in my panel now for some reason :crying: I read about the theme and it wasn't made for quick reply but that don't mean something wouldn't work. :)

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

check you PM blue:)

Blue Frost

It all got worse, the whole Image storage vanished :confused1: I'm thinking the best fix might be a total reinstall but I don't want to loose all the post and info.
I'm trying to make new links and connections but I'm working blind with a control in the control panel missing.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

hmm k, do not panic:)

you always have this option and your db is not huge, i'm sure all is salvageable.

check it out:
4.i. Full package

The full package is normally meant for new installations only, but if you want to replace all source files this package comes in handy.

First you should make a copy of your existing config.php file, keep it in a safe place! Next delete all the existing phpBB3 files, you may want to leave your files/ and images/ directory in place. You can leave alternative styles in-place too. With this complete you can upload the new phpBB3 files (see New installation for details if necessary). Once complete copy back your saved config.php, replacing the new one. Another method is to just replace the existing files with the files from the full package - though make sure you do not overwrite your config.php file.

You should now run install/database_update.php which, depending on your previous version, will make a number of database changes. You may receive FAILURES during this procedure, they should not be a cause for concern unless you see an actual ERROR, in which case the script will stop (in this case you should seek help via our forums or bug tracker).

Once the install/database_update.php has completed you may proceed to the Administration Control Panel and check remove the install directory as advised.

4.ii. Changed files only

This package is meant for those wanting to only replace changed files from a previous version to the latest version. This package normally contains the changed files from up to five previous versions.

This package contains a number of archives, each contains the files changed from a given release to the latest version. You should select the appropriate archive for your current version, e.g. if you currently have 3.0.6 you should select the phpBB-3.0.6_to_3.0.7-PL1.zip/tar.gz file.

The directory structure has been preserved enabling you (if you wish) to simply upload the contents of the archive to the appropriate location on your server, i.e. simply overwrite the existing files with the new versions. Do not forget that if you have installed any MODs these files will overwrite the originals possibly destroying them in the process. You will need to re-add MODs to any affected file before uploading.

As for the other update procedures you should run install/database_update.php after you have finished updating the files. This will update your database schema and increment the version number.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/docs/INS ... pdate_full

Blue Frost

Hey thanks Ill have to try that when I get my mind back from the cake and messed up forum stuff. Ill have to keep this info.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

lol k:) good luck blue:).. it's not easy but after a while, it sets in:))

Blue Frost

I just cant get the BBcode right on the quick reply, I'm still thinking it's the skin like one site said. I'm still trying though :)
Have you got that down with the code, it seems technical but I know there is a format.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

blue i just saw this!! if you want me to give it a try i want to:))..
cause if the skin doesn't allow BBCode, then maybe you should go for rxu's mod.. it woks brilliantly on mb van forum.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=839905

Blue Frost

I might let you because I fail miserably on the BBcode :blushing: I think that's my issue with the quick reply editor not the skin like the guy said on another site for the blue skin.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

check your pm bf:) long weekend is long..

Blue Frost

Well I got my Smiles over populating in a closed room now :laugh: and my font colors are all worked out after stripping stuff from the board and inserting them back in, the good thing is I'm a learning a little.
I killed the thing last night also and had to do some surgery to get it back up but it's running :)

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

excellent:)).. but killing and resurrecting - done that more times than i care to remember:)).. feels so cathartic tho once you fix it:).. like a top of the world and then some:)

are you planning to do the upgrade?