how to make a group whose every member has the same name

No votes

Total votes: 0

andy1

how to make a group whose every member has the same name

Unread post by andy1 »

- this is great for boards where guest posting is impossible due to high troll activity and there is interest in anonymous posting.

this is how - there's a neat little mod to do it, which i'd like to try out first here.

Blue Frost

Re: how to make a group whose every member has the same name

Unread post by Blue Frost »

I think I can make everyone have the same Avatar, and name in a group, not certain about the name.
Hey I have a guest forum for the trolls, guest, and spammers, it's just not used much.
I don't care whats posted in it really since it's so slow and I can zap post at will.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

yup, that's another way too.. i actually tried that at some point but 'my' spammer was relentless so i just lost energy in trying to keep up with him and i killed the guest forum..

i think this mod is great tho because it gives people the option - they can turn the anon on and off, so post sometimes as themselves and other times anonymously. love the idea but not sure van4um needs it, cuz it's already pretty developed (mature?) as a community and i don't believe any substantial changes are good for mature communities - they are best not touched cuz as soon as they managed to grow, it means that enough people like them just the way they are, so they probably don't need any adjustments.

Blue Frost

I'm just testing the waters with mine, it's not important really but just a distraction.
If someone wants to spam of post garbage in it so be it, it's no big deal to me since I can always change it.
I made it mainly for a learning experience.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

oh of course! i'll never stop feeling like a complete noob looking at permissions lol group permissions then group forum permissions etc. and all that wouldn't be so confusing if only there were no things which appear in both kinds of permissions!.. crazey:)

gmorning!

Blue Frost

Happy Monday :)
I was just thinking why make everyone have the same name, is there a reason ?
I already have the guest with the same Avatar, it has the little guy on the question mark with a g on it :)

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

oh the reason is because every time i used to open for guest in the past gunta here or whatever his name is would spam the forum with stupid race slurs.. so i gave up:)

and why do it - sometimes people like to post free of any identity, even forum identity. they like to be just a voice, no name no history of past conversations none of that stuff.. i think that's cool, at least i used to enjoy that element on old forums:)

Blue Frost

But with everyone the same name that's kind of messed up isn't it, I don't think I would want that .
Same Avatar maybe or no avatar.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

it works for people who are used to that type of environment:) that's how 4chan operates among other places.. i like the anon posting but i like reg posting too:)

Blue Frost

I like them all really as long as it's not hate, constant attacks, and smut.
I figure with guest posting people can be who they want to be.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

yes!! but not only that, you can also be a nobody - a non-person, just a voice. so no relationships with other posters, just naked opinions:) i think that alone can be of great value.

that said, building relationships within the community is what makes foruming so addictive, so secondlife.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

top!:)

happy tuesday blue:)

Blue Frost

Top, oh no not that again lol, been a while since I noticed anyone saying that .
Yeah I guess that's something about anonymity, I use the guest thing sometimes for that myself trolling the trolls :) and sometimes just so I don't have to get in a long conversation.

Happy Wednesday now :)

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

happy wednesday back:)).. i see our troll moved his spamming to this forum now. what kind of mental disorder makes people do things like that?

Blue Frost

LOL annoyed ones maybe trying to get under your skin but not able to do so. :)
Yeah needs his own forum so I can go to it and post bunnys lol, lots of bunnys .