how to add youtube BBCode to your phpBB forum

No votes

Total votes: 0

Blue Frost

Re: how to add youtube BBCode to your phpBB forum

Unread post by Blue Frost »

andy1 wrote:oh me neither blue - but i have an idea about how to change this forum!:) i asked the vancouver guy if he agrees to 'surrender' back this forum to me lol and he agreed.. so i'm going to change it a bit. really nothing spectacular but i'd like to get rid of arcade and change the layout a bit and rename it. i was thinking to make it a forum for phpBB forum owners - a place for general chat cuz even the general chat over at their official forum is heavily moderated - which is probably why that forum is so useful but i was thinking to make this place completely different - not so much completely useless but more - free, so to speak:)

so at first i was thinking to call it something like "phpBB tech talk". but more i think about it more i'd like to call it "blue frost and i":)).. so brace yourself blue, you and i are going to become forum celebrities;))
:laugh:

I think PHPBB tech talk sounds better if you want traffic, that's a good one though.
I like the idea because like you said, it's a bit moderated to much, no chit chat at all. Oh and don't make a mistake of posting a double thread that someone else posted :001_unsure:

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

haha! you are right phhpBB tech talk does sound ok but i'll give it some time to see if we end up talking more about the forum software or the community making.. or breakfast:)) mind all those things are important as life is made of all of them together so who's to say what should come first what second. the time will show:)

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

i'm really liking this skin blue. i never realized how much i was bothered by that supermario banging a mallet:))

the only two problems with this skin i have (for now) are:

icons for edit, quote etc are too similar and the fact that they are grayed out until you hover over them is not helping either..

second thing is the font size of the navbar (board index< forum name< topic name) - too small!:)

will look into it. some day:))

how are you finding it?

Blue Frost

Well I found the edit and quote quite easy, but the rest takes time. You know all changes has to be learned over lol
The oddest thing for me is having the avatars on the right
I like it all though and it's much more easy on my eyes than the orange.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

great!:) yeah it is different to have them on the right, the only reason i am used to it because phpBB support forum has that too.. on a side note i've bumped into a huge forum last night browsing about no other but paintball (i didn't even know what it was had to look it up)
http://www.pbnation.com/

blue were you ever a member of a huge forum like that. and if yes - what was it like? i'm curious if they have a community feel to them, despite the size.

Blue Frost

I joined the Louisville forum once, and the Saiga-12 forum, but DV was the largest I have been on back in 07, 0r 08
It was nice and big enough with people on 24/7.
Hey I have been to that paintball forum before, it's huge.

Oh yeah the Ford Forum for UAW employees, it's national, it's pretty big but not a feel of home to it.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

Oh yeah the Ford Forum for UAW employees, it's national, it's pretty big but not a feel of home to it.
that's exactly what i was wondering - is there such a thing as too big when it comes to forums? cuz the biggest one i've ever been to was old dv and that one did have a great community feel to it.

the old dv was really something blue.. i checked recently if the old forum software still exists and it does:)

http://forum.snitz.com/

Blue Frost

Well the huge ones usually has a lot of sub forums, and they seem to work good. I have a lot, and wonder sometimes if thats to much for my very small one .

LOL, that forum looks familiar, I found the look cold though when I went to DV to begin with.

Blue Frost

Oh forgot to mention that I had five or five Spammers on my guest forum the last two days, I really wish I knew what they was trying to do since no spam was posted. I checked the IPs and two was from Germany, one from HongKong, and one from Mexico.
I just thought that was interesting.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

Blue Frost wrote:Well the huge ones usually has a lot of sub forums, and they seem to work good. I have a lot, and wonder sometimes if thats to much for my very small one .

LOL, that forum looks familiar, I found the look cold though when I went to DV to begin with.
cold - i know what you mean:)).. it sure is simple. dv was the first forum i've joined so i was never really able to compare with anything else until i left in 2008.. seems like forever ago:)

off to bed for me blue, i'm super tired.. hope you're asleep over dere in kentuckyland:)

Blue Frost

I got a little sleep last night till my A-hole neighbor started cutting grass at 7:30 Am.
Ill pay him back coming Monday, he sleeps days and Ill get my tiller out under his window :cool:
I bet after a week of that he will cut grass at a regular and decent time.

It seems long ago since Dv died :001_unsure: I miss so many posters from it.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

i know what you mean.. me too. oddly enough tho even if it appeared out of nowhere now just the way it was and with all the people, i could never go back:).. i've changed. like that saying - you can never cross the same river twice.

sorry to hear about the ambitions grass cutter over there:)) some people are so - goal oriented eh:) or who knows maybe he does it to sooth his anxiety.. over who knows what:)

Blue Frost

Goal oriented, I don't think so, he's just an ass. His yard looks like crap and he's renting.
Ill get him though, I look forward to waking him for a week for doing that, I can be an A-hole also and happy to do so.

Dv Ill look in and maybe mess with the trolls, but at the moment it's not fun, and just a distraction.
MMB is the place to be anyhow :)

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

for me, yeah, but mess with the trolls is such a good forum 'exercise'. my favorite person to hate posts there so i pop by now and then.. to practice my stamina to vicious attacks of noname people:)

lol@waking him for a week:)) so you can be bad blue, it's just hard to imagine you:))

Blue Frost

LOL Well the neighbor has been extra quiet, I haven't even seem him at all lol
Yeah I am really nasty to nasty people when I want to be, Ill dog them for years, treat me nice though and Ill be the best friend you can have.
Really I want to be nice, it's less effort, and it makes everyone much happier, even the trolls. :)