sending rain to kentuckyland

No votes

Total votes: 0

andy1

Re: sending rain to kentuckyland

Unread post by andy1 »

thanks blue:) what toy did you get:)) he must adore you that kid:)

and military - i think military has its own set of challenges.. anyway, you are a forum owner now, your life might be taking a brand new direction:))

Blue Frost

Unread post by Blue Frost »

I got him a remote control Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story and a box of snacks, he was really happy with it. :) He was over yesterday and the day before for New Year, he talked me into taking him to the store for more stuff :001_unsure: he got more Toy Story stuff :blink: it's expensive.

Looks cold out today but sunny at least.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

expensive is right:)) - tell him to not get used to it lol

we have a snow warning issued today for tomorrow - no surprise being how cold it was the last few days.. - it's winter wonderland again! lol:(

mind you not a trace of snow YET. and it's almost 2 am.. maybe they were wrong:)) :thumbup1:

Blue Frost

NNAA told me about the snow maybe coming, I hope it's not bad on the roads for you all. Here it's sunny but cold, not really that bad I guess.
Personally I was hoping to get some deeper snow here so I could try my new tires out and 4wd :)

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

yup:).. weird, no snow yet, nothing, let alone those 10 cm they were warning about! bwierd.. :huh:

Blue Frost

Well 10 cm isn't bad if it did come, just enough for a snow man :biggrin:
Maybe it will just pass by for you though.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

nope, nothing yet!:) what a bunch of tricksters those weather ppl:))

Blue Frost

Nothing here today but it was dreary looking most the day and cooler, I want some real snow for a change myself.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

not only we have no snow, we have a pretty heavy rainfall - talk about being dead wrong:))

i hope it won't rain tomorrow... tomorrow is our christmas eve, blue:)

Blue Frost

What late Christmas :confused1: I hope you get something good :) Merry Christmas again.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

thanks blue! it's not about presents really, it's more about the gathering in our church and then a dinner with friends. the service was nice:) the church was packed with people from the old country. and it's late cause our church is on the old, julian calendar.. they are so orthodox, even the time counting is old:))

Blue Frost

Julian calendar interesting, so your not even in January yet or Ianuarius. :confused1:
Sounds like it was enjoyable though with the food and friends, I would have never figured you as orthodox

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

yeah - an orthodox, like russians or byzantine:))

but year we are not yet in january - didn't think of it that way:)) - funnily enough we always used to celebrate the regular NY and then the christmas according to the old calendar - i guess because christmas is a religious holiday while NY is just a - NY.. but yeah, the old calendar jan 1st is on january 14:))

the weather was wonderful today - no rain, sunshine and and not too cold - fingers crossed the w/e stays the same.

Blue Frost

We have snow covering the ground and cars but not much, I hope I can get out tomorrow to do something for a change, I'm getting cabin fever lol

Well at least you in a church that don't make up it's own rules so much like the Catholics here, they are so hypocritical doing that stuff.
I don't know how you all get through all the ritual stuff myself but I wasn't brought up in the stuff. I did go to a service once with a girlfriend but didn't like it and she got mad because I wouldn't kneel.

andy1

Unread post by andy1 »

aw. sounds like she's very strict lol:(.. no kneeling for us. actually i've seen some people do it because they'd feel the need, they'd even go closer to the priest and kneel very close to their feet as a form of a complete surrender to their prayer. i never did it tho.. we usually stand through the service tho, only elderly and little children sit.

hey was that the same gf that liked to party a lot:)).. probably not:) hey you must fall in love again blue!! pls don't give up on it because of a few girls you didn't like after a while:)