got a minute?

deadskinmask

got a minute?

Unread post by deadskinmask »

actually more like 12 minutes.... but take a peek at this and get back to me.... or don't.... :(

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
Markus

Re: got a minute?

Unread post by Markus »

I stopped at 1:31... "the year was 1500 and the technology to prove such a theory (round Earth) wasn't there..."

Technology is not required if one simply makes observations in their environment, which I highly suggest you do, rather than watching videos of clueless people making-up their own science as they go.

Eratosthenes of Cyrene, a Greek fella who lived in 250 BC (2300 years ago!), calculated the circumference of the Earth with a stick... well not a stick but a gnomon which is the triangular part of a sundial.

I invited you to look at this dude last year but you probably have as much interest in my shit as I do in yours... fair is fair, I guess. :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eratosthenes

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

These guys are so quick to repeatedly point out that there 'is no proof' that the world is round....but I have yet to see ANY ONE of them, prove that the world is flat. This form of debate is always a red flag that someone hasn't met their burden of proof.

Not ONE piece of evidence.
Lots of theory, speculation, opinion, graphs and maps and diagrams based on someone's imagination....but not a speck of proof. And I don't even hold it against them that the greatest majority of these youtube 'presenters' of their truth...are just not measuring up in terms of credentials.

Flat earthers are quick to point out how malleable (and apparently ignorant) we've all been, in blindly believing what we were TOLD....but.....that isn't that exactly what they are asking people to do ? They offer nothing, in terms of proof. =(

Markus

Unread post by Markus »

Flat Earth theory sprung during the Dark Ages... backward ways and practices that seemed to prevail during that time.

Scarcity of sound literature and cultural achievements marked these years; barbarous practices prevailed.

It's clear that there was a collapse in learning and much technical capacity as a result of the fragmentation and chaos that followed the fall of the Roman Empire in Western Europe around 410 AD.

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
Mel

Unread post by Mel »

I like Deadskin. He seems intelligent enough, and I like his style.

However, I personally don't buy into the 'flat Earth' belief, and I don't know why he would either?

DSM, why do you buy this silly theory?

Markus

Unread post by Markus »

Mel wrote: 28 May 2018, 21:46 I like Deadskin. He seems intelligent enough, and I like his style.

However, I personally don't buy into the 'flat Earth' belief, and I don't know why he would either?

DSM, why do you buy this silly theory?
Comic effect is my guess. Skinz is a regular comedian. He admits posting for shitz and giggles.

Or...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog ... y-theories

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
deadskinmask

yall are so quick with 'prove its flat'. lol. i think its been explained ad nauseum why we can't.... no independent space programs and the antarctic treaty prevents it.... better question still - why can't we have just one pic of a round earth that hasn't been shopped? or an actual film of a round earth without a fisheyed lens? as for observable proof....

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
Mel

Unread post by Mel »

Looky Lou wrote: 28 May 2018, 21:59 Comic effect is my guess. Skinz is a regular comedian. He admits posting for shitz and giggles.
I can read posters pretty well, and I don't he's trolling with this one...

deadskinmask

Mel wrote: 28 May 2018, 22:09
Looky Lou wrote: 28 May 2018, 21:59 Comic effect is my guess. Skinz is a regular comedian. He admits posting for shitz and giggles.
I can read posters pretty well, and I don't he's trolling with this one...
you're absolutely right. its not a troll. its a public service announcement that i bring to you at great personal expense.... :(

Markus

Unread post by Markus »

I stopped at 0:28. "... not sure I pronounced that right, but whatever. Anyways..."

Whatever indeed.

Not sure why you'd listen to another mumbling, stuttering high-school drop-out on the interwebs.

You've posted this vid before and I debunked it fairly quickly... but you're not interested in other people's comments so stick with your YouTube simpletons and stop displaying such ignorance here... it's frighteningly rude.

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
deadskinmask

Looky Lou wrote: 29 May 2018, 08:35but you're not interested in other people's comments so stick with your YouTube simpletons and stop displaying such ignorance here... it's frighteningly rude.
hmmmm. i'm gonna say 2 things -

A. its my sub. the entire reason behind it is so i can talk about what i wanna talk about.... off the main board and out of anyones hair that doesn't make an honest effort to be here....:(

B. i can't believe you followed that up by calling me rude.... your opinion carries alot of weight with me and that hurt. that hurt alot.... :(

theres no 'debunk' for that video.... its the curvature needed for your ball.... fact.... :(

Markus

Unread post by Markus »

Hmmm...

I highly doubt anyone's opinion carries a lot of weight with you. How many times have I heard you say "you people" when we reply to one of your NASA or flat Earth videos. Very condescending... as if only you, and 7% of the US population, were in the know and the rest of us are all retarded.

The vids you present to substantiate your beliefs are not convincing and if we happen to disagree, it's "you people are retarded"... and that is hurtful, to me, coming from a person I highly respect as well.

So let's hurt each other a little bit now and move-on to lighter ribbing in the future. I liked you from day one and nothing has changed. As I previously mentioned, I find you to be a powerful person... an uncommonly level-headed individual with an expansive, almost Shakespearean understanding of human condition.

But insolence begets insolence in my book... and it's not a Christian book. I never turn the other cheek.

What has been said cannot be unsaid and I'm sorry I commented on your (scientific) ignorance in your sub. I truly apologize for my blunder.

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
soon

Unread post by soon »

dsm is trying to have a little fun but mr. spoilsport will have none of it.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
Markus

Unread post by Markus »

soon wrote: 29 May 2018, 10:46 dsm is trying to have a little fun but mr. spoilsport will have none of it.
Not spoil sport.
And I can tell when a poster is serious or simply having fun... and I know DSM is serious (in a kind of amusing way) when he calls other people idiots for believing in moon-walks or globes.

I don't care what people own... or do for a living... and I don't care what people say or believe in.

What I do care about are discrepancies in arguments and I will call-out them out for the sake of clarification. It's in my nature. It's one of my top hobbies.

DSM has been un-shifting and rock-solid in the expression of his convictions. No problem there.
It's the idiots in the vids he presents that make me cringe... especially the dude with the fake East Indian accent commenting on the LEM.

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

You have some valid points, Loo. I too have liked skinz from day one....and continue to.

But I wince every time I'm called an idiot for my beliefs.
And I too cringe when viewing some of the vids presented as evidence.

I guess I'm a little confused about being criticized for blindly following what we've been taught, to blindly shift gears and follow what they are trying to teach....since they have no evidence of their beliefs....they're just beliefs. :unsure:

deadskinmask

look. its all good.... as for your opinion not carrying any weight with me, your opinion is the only reason i didn't wad up gary oaks thred and toss it in the delete button. i welcomed him and his trash into my beloved little sub and his first post was to say how horrified and offended he was to be put here. then he goes on to spam the shit out of it like the bathroom wall in a gas station.... yes. if you hadn't intercepted my wrath, him and his thred would be shitcanned by now.... :(

as for trash talk between all of us, i would like to point out that each of you were the first to bring intelligence and sanity into question.... i agree that i became more tenacious about it.... but still.... :(

i've tried my best to show you the problems with the ball. i've tried my best to show you the difference between what they designed for the moon compared to what went to 'the moon'.... i've tried my best to show you the greenscreen errors and harness malfunctions of your wonderful astroNOTS.... but you can't seem to grasp it.... ppl who actually go where they claim, have no need to fake 'being there'.... so.... yeah.... when ppl see this fake shit and say 'yup. thats legit', i do flip the switch and say 'GODDAMN IDIOTS'.... my bad. perhaps its a flaw in my character.... whatever.... but i know we live in a dome. and i know that they will never escape it. i know mars is being 'filmed in canada'.... and i know the next 9/11 will be an 'alien attack'.... believe what you will.... just remember that poor ol' deadskin tried to clue you in.... even when yall were pointing and laughing.... :(

i'm not a little fella. nor am i what ppl would call 'tolerant'.... and i take alot of pride in my intelligence, deductive reasoning and logic.... i'm not normally exposed to much ridicule.... i deal with it online because theres no way to 'get together and work it out' in person.... but when ppl ignore the things i point out as 'incidental', then i know you're missing the bigger picture.... its okay though. good luck to everyone here.... :(

Markus

Unread post by Markus »

You could have saved yourself from writing a lengthy post by simply saying "fuck you and adios motherfuckers"... cuz that's what it sounds like.^^^^^

As far as people's opinions carrying weight with you, it seems you're applying your gravity reasoning to it "y'alls opinions are important to me but only when they're not".

And showing us problems and differences with globes and moon-walks, all you've done is present videos mockingly narrated by un-accredited laymen (as mimi pointed-out) and you completely dismiss videos in which information is disseminated by individuals who have specialized knowledge on a particular subject.

I don’t have any expertise in these matters, I just react with some degree of common sense, I guess.

I posted a vid where S.G Collins, a professional writer and director, explains in technical detail why the moon landing could not have been faked given the limited technology of the time and you responded with Subirats 'bendy door'.
Sorry, Collins made more sense to me than Subirats.

It is quite possible that NASA TV uses green screen digital compositing today to dupe viewers but that doesn't change what happened on July 20th. 1969. Digital compositing did not appear until the 90s.

Travelling mattes and matte paintings were used in movie special effects prior to the advent of CGI. The original 1977 Star Wars movie has no CGI as it was not invented yet, and travelling mattes in movies are easy to spot by their lack of small detail capture.

If you ever felt belittled or ridiculed by posters here, you own that. Nobody whose made an effort to be here has ever called you an idiot.. except some of your long-standing BF nemesis'.

In fact, in my case, I've never pointed and laughed. Quite the opposite. Who am I to criticize or judge your convictions?

And if we were ever to meet in person, the last thing I'd want to discuss is our mutual beliefs because I really don't care what you believe in, as long as you feel comfortable and happy in your convictions. I'd be more inclined to go on a hunting or fishing activity, meet your grand-kids, have a drink or smoke a spliff.

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
deadskinmask

i'm not leaving so 'adios and fuck yall' didn't apply. i have no intention of going anywhere.... good luck is simply what i wish for you since you can't see what i see.... besides, i don't say 'adios' to forum ppl.... i merely leave.... :(

Markus

Unread post by Markus »

deadskinmask wrote: 30 May 2018, 10:59 i'm not leaving so 'adios and fuck yall' didn't apply. i have no intention of going anywhere.... good luck is simply what i wish for you since you can't see what i see.... besides, i don't say 'adios' to forum ppl.... i merely leave.... :(
How boring the world would be if we all saw the same thing.

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
deadskinmask

Looky Lou wrote: 30 May 2018, 11:03
deadskinmask wrote: 30 May 2018, 10:59 i'm not leaving so 'adios and fuck yall' didn't apply. i have no intention of going anywhere.... good luck is simply what i wish for you since you can't see what i see.... besides, i don't say 'adios' to forum ppl.... i merely leave.... :(
How boring the world would be if we all saw the same thing.
normally, i'd agree. pretty boring.... but as i've come to understand the importance of this, it becomes sad to me.... because i really do give a shit about a whole lot of you.... or possibly one of you with a whole lot of accounts.... i dunno.... yall motherfuckers and your goddamn costume parties.... :(

Markus

Unread post by Markus »

Humans need challenge to progress... listening, analyzing and processing other people's ideas is one of those challenges.

Debating different outlooks and perspectives on Life has always made me feel richer in the end.
No exception in your case... I've gleaned information I would not otherwise have thought of looking -up.

Thanks for the spur.

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
deadskinmask

here is some weather balloon footage without a fisheye lens.... looks pretty flat.... just saying.... :(

soon

Unread post by soon »

i donno man. maybe you should make a *real* study of the science you're attempting to discredit.

deadskinmask

soon wrote: 30 May 2018, 13:44 i donno man. maybe you should make a *real* study of the science you're attempting to discredit.
i watch enough. i read enough. i think i'm greenlighted to form a fuckin opinion.... :mad:

soon

Unread post by soon »

you're like one of those people who say they've looked at every religion before finally settling on christianity. dsm the cosmological apologist.

deadskinmask

soon wrote: 31 May 2018, 02:01 you're like one of those people who say they've looked at every religion before finally settling on christianity. dsm the cosmological apologist.
its not like that at all.... i know bullshit when i see it. and a lie is a lie no matter how many ppl tell it. i looked past the surface and the deeper i went, the closer i got to god.... theres no other option when you really see it for what it is.... but i don't identify as a 'christian'.... in fact, i think most christians are horrible fuckin ppl.... :(

Blazor

Unread post by Blazor »

deadskinmask wrote: 30 May 2018, 04:51 .... and i know the next 9/11 will be an 'alien attack'....
Drones and Project Blue Beam :cool:

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.