How to abuse a child - the Christian Way

Register accountRead the forum rules
Sharlee

Re: How to abuse a child - the Christian Way

Unread post by Sharlee »

I agree ... it's absolutely sickening, but this isn't the Christian way. It's abusing a child with a nominally Christian excuse.

Don't believe everything you think.
anon

Unread post by anon »

To "train up" a child eh? as soon as you see that "up" in there, you know you're dealing with deep hickitude.

Excelsior!
minaeni

Unread post by minaeni »

deep hickitude:)).. this. and that said, pls don't pain all christians with the same brush:)

Yes, I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes; you'd know what a drag it is to see you
minaeni

Unread post by minaeni »

double post is double.

Yes, I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes; you'd know what a drag it is to see you
minaeni

Unread post by minaeni »

couldn't agree more..

Sharlee

Unread post by Sharlee »

There was an interesting comment in that video ... something to the effect of "you can train a horse or a dog, why not train a child." It seemed to imply that to train a child is to treat them like an animal. I thought that was rather odd ... with all the evil these people have done they take issue with the word "train"?

I've trained and continue to train my children and we have a public school system that does the same thing.

anon

Unread post by anon »

minaeni wrote:deep hickitude:)).. this. that said, pls don't pain all christians with the same brush:)
nope, just observin' th' specific sitchyashun, lahk. Aw, dang! th' accent is upon me! Help me - ah mean he'p me - afore ah lapses inta terminal hickitudinous glossolalia! It ain't purdy...

Excelsior!
anon

Unread post by anon »

RealWoman wrote:
Sharlee wrote:There was an interesting comment in that video ... something to the effect of "you can train a horse or a dog, why not train a child." It seemed to imply that to train a child is to treat them like an animal. I thought that was rather odd ... with all the evil these people have done they take issue with the word "train"?

I've trained and continue to train my children and we have a public school system that does the same thing.
Someone needs to train them to not beat children. I have no problem using their own methods to do it either.
I could enjoy watching that. But I might have a problem personally horsewhipping people to death. It could sort of hurt your hand in a way. It would have to be very personal before I could beat somebody to death. But like I was sayin', I could watch it quite cheerfully, and even call for refreshments, even buy a round. Like years back, if they held a joint Brian Mulroney/Pierre Trudeau assassination breakfast, $100 a plate, my only concern would be the quality of the refreshments.

Excelsior!
minaeni

Unread post by minaeni »

anon wrote:
minaeni wrote:deep hickitude:)).. this. that said, pls don't pain all christians with the same brush:)
nope, just observin' th' specific sitchyashun, lahk. Aw, dang! th' accent is upon me! Help me - ah mean he'p me - afore ah lapses inta terminal hickitudinous glossolalia! It ain't purdy...
lol the spirit of jo, lives on:))

anon

Unread post by anon »

he'p meh!

Excelsior!
Dagon

Unread post by Dagon »

Sharlee wrote:I agree ... it's absolutely sickening, but this isn't the Christian way. It's abusing a child with a nominally Christian excuse.
Well... considering how often of the so-called "God's representatives on earth" (of the Christian Church Organized Cri..., oops, I mean: Religion) abuses children..?
How about Vatican trying to cover their pedophiles? How many of them has been tried as opposed to just being relocated to a new area?
What about that white priest in Africa who was selling orphans for medical experiments and got arrested just last year?

Maybe it is because of the existing easy opportunity for them, or maybe it is because of their celibacy, but actions (not words) of the Church's employees seems to be quite exactly opposed to the teaching of Jesus. And yes, he said: "Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.", but I really doubt that THIS is what he had in mind...

minaeni

Unread post by minaeni »

anon wrote:he'p meh!
lol you can make it anon, grab my hand!! or just watch for the light at the end of the tunnel:))

Sharlee

Unread post by Sharlee »

Dagon wrote: Well... considering how often of the so-called "God's representatives on earth" (of the Christian Church Organized Cri..., oops, I mean: Religion) abuses children..?
How about Vatican trying to cover their pedophiles? How many of them has been tried as opposed to just being relocated to a new area?
What about that white priest in Africa who was selling orphans for medical experiments and got arrested just last year?
Hinckley attempted to assassinate Reagan in the name of Jodie Foster. I wonder why no one vilifies Jodie?

Dagon wrote: actions (not words) of the Church's employees seems to be quite exactly opposed to the teaching of Jesus. And yes, he said: "Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.", but I really doubt that THIS is what he had in mind...
Exactly.

anon

Unread post by anon »

Yeah, I'm fine with it. Might give them an idea of what they've actually done. If not, and it only hurts them without healing them, well you win some and lose some.

Excelsior!
Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

I have yet to watch the video.

Children are innocent they are like a symbol of purification.

I wonder if these people know that Jesus said, "Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3

Looks like someone forgot to read their bible...

:purdy:
What The Duce!

Unread post by What The Duce! »

well as bad as it is, our wingnuts are not nearly as bad as the million of other faith wingnuts like muzzies who will kill their kids over family honour.

Disclaimer: This comment is for entertainment purposes only. The author does not necessarily condone or endorse its content and as such cannot be held criminally or civilly liable for said comment in any way. 2008 The Duce Corp.
Berry Sweet

Interesting video...my ears are still fucked up so I had a real hard time hearing it. That book is retarded, you don't "train" a child, you "raise" a child....there is a big difference....those some 600,000 people who bought this book are fuckin retards and shouldn't have kids.

Best method to raise your child?...Fisrt off...actually WANT to have a child, second...take to your child, tell them right and wrong....hitting and abuse goes nowhere and gives the child psychological damage for the rest of their life. The proof of that is all over the news for the past how many years?

Look at all those men in prison...a huge majority of them were abused as children, and look at where they are...and all of them HATE child molesters and abusers. Go figure.

DDD

Unread post by DDD »

Read this and thought it said the Gordy way

GORDY '' ATTOMS BUM '' GAMBINO~WORLDS GREATEST POSER

Rommel : "Those aren't colonials. Those are Australians. Give me two divisions of Australians and I will make the world gay."
Itsy Bitsy

Unread post by Itsy Bitsy »

Agreed, Berry.

Lead by example. I think it's hilarious (in a fucked up ironic way) that parents often discipline their children with spanking after the child gets physical with someone. "I'm going to spank you for hitting someone." Absolutely fucking retarded. Parents that spank/ hit their kids often use the excuse that it works. Yeah, it may work... but only when they are afraid they might be caught and disciplined. That just makes them a lot better at hiding the things they do. Also, all you are doing is training them to behave a certain way. You are not teaching them why it's wrong, you are not raising them. You are more or less training a fucking dog. Some people seem to prefer publicly obedient dog-like children though and care nothing about the psychological well being of the child.

This incident is obviously waaayyy beyond that, so I suppose my comment is slightly off topic.

anon

Unread post by anon »

minaeni wrote:
anon wrote:he'p meh!
lol you can make it anon, grab my hand!! or just watch for the light at the end of the tunnel:))
uh, thank yuh ma'am...thank ya verra much..

Excelsior!
Berry Sweet

Itsy Bitsy wrote:Agreed, Berry.

Lead by example. I think it's hilarious (in a fucked up ironic way) that parents often discipline their children with spanking after the child gets physical with someone. "I'm going to spank you for hitting someone." Absolutely fucking retarded. Parents that spank/ hit their kids often use the excuse that it works. Yeah, it may work... but only when they are afraid they might be caught and disciplined. That just makes them a lot better at hiding the things they do. Also, all you are doing is training them to behave a certain way. You are not teaching them why it's wrong, you are not raising them. You are more or less training a fucking dog. Some people seem to prefer publicly obedient dog-like children though and care nothing about the psychological well being of the child.

This incident is obviously waaayyy beyond that, so I suppose my comment is slightly off topic.
yup..couldn't agree more.

Berry Sweet

and I'm not surprised this thread showed up at this point....

anon

Unread post by anon »

It's God's plan.

Excelsior!
Berry Sweet

anon wrote:It's God's plan.
are you religious?

anon

Unread post by anon »

I think everybody is, underneath it all. You know, not formally, not following a book or a set of instructions...there's just a sense that everything's alive, it's all some kind of magic. And not cheap parlor tricks neither. Genuine magic.

Excelsior!
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

::sigh::

Just another example of how religion poisons everything. :(

Bannie

Unread post by Bannie »

That's exactly what I went through as a kid, except for the religion but I don't do it to my kids. I know how it feels. Maybe these parents have never felt how it feels to be hit everyday.

Reel

Unread post by Reel »

This is a good article:
http://www.freakonomics.com/2011/06/07/ ... ranscript/

Parenting from the pov of economists. Pure logical analysis of the inputs and outputs of child rearing. Ironically, only about half of them are actually able to stick to their own conclusions.

Summarized conclusions (for the reading impaired):

Training your kids is a waste of time and happiness for all.
Disciplining your kids requires occasionally following through on threats.
But hitting your kids is a waste of time and happiness for all.
The chances of recouping the financial loss of child rearing are close enough to zero to be irrelevant.
The time and effort spent on worrying about child safety is largely disproportionate to the risk.
Raising your kids with warmth and love is pretty much the only way to recoup some of the happiness you lost by having kids in the first place and is the only demonstrable means of improving the chances of having a well adjusted child.

I bet Itsy is going to love that middle bit in the last one.

It's easy to judge because it's so hard to understand.
cc

Unread post by cc »

The time and effort spent on worrying about child safety is largely disproportionate to the risk.
How I wish that were the case, at least for those for whom this repeatedly could not be further from harsh reality. Sorry, just got up and it hit me with my defense mechanisms / auto-anesthetics not awake yet.

Sharlee

Unread post by Sharlee »

Just to throw this out there ...

I was spanked as a child and I never had the impression it was OK to hit people. There's a significant difference between spanking a child with your hand on their bum and using blunt instruments to beat them all over their body. What these people did was WAAAAAAY beyond acceptable, but you can't characterize every parent who spanks a child as a child abuser.