A day at the beach

Register accountRead the forum rules
evs

A day at the beach

Unread post by evs »

I cry for you humanity! So many ppl are overweight and even more obese!!

How to stop the epidemic!:(

~ plaid ~
Ike Turner

Re: A day at the beach

Unread post by Ike Turner »

It can't be stopped, unfortunately...

Odinson

Unread post by Odinson »

Well... Get outta there!

evs

Unread post by evs »

I have a new theory - ppl get fat when they are bored:( did ppl become too complacent and just - unamused? If so, what can change that?

~ plaid ~
Ike Turner

Many jobs have become less physical than they once were...

evs

Unread post by evs »

True. Do we need more excitement after work though? I’d argue that ppl had sedentary jobs since wwii. But entertainment used to not be sedentary. Am I wrong?

~ plaid ~
Ike Turner

I don't know. I think people from the school of old just did more things for themselves. My Grandparents, for example, handled all of the household duties on their home here. This included prepping the land for landscaping, maintaining that landscaping, painting, gutter cleaning, you name it.

Nowadays many just pay someone else to do these things.

evs

Unread post by evs »

There is definitely that too. So now what. What’s the solution.

~ plaid ~
Ike Turner

Irina wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 19:33 There is definitely that too. So now what. What’s the solution.
Install a couple of extensions for me?

Ike Turner

You install these three extensions for me, and I promise that I'll leave this board for good, once and for all!

cc

Unread post by cc »

That was a sudden turn. Wa Happen???

Ike Turner

It's all good!

cc

Unread post by cc »

K ... long as it's all good

but don't threaten to leave ffs .. that scares me

soon

Unread post by soon »

we must dance to the tune played.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
Ike Turner

cc wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 21:06 K ... long as it's all good

I only say that semi-jokingly, since I damn well know that the two forum sisters opinion of me here range from "I can barely stand the guy" to "I fucking wish death upon him!" :D

soon

Unread post by soon »

welcome to reality.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
evs

Unread post by evs »

Ike Turner wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 21:12
cc wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 21:06 K ... long as it's all good

I only say that semi-jokingly, since I damn well know that the two forum sisters opinion of me here range from "I can barely stand the guy" to "I fucking wish death upon him!" :D
Accurate:) Speaking for myself only tho.

~ plaid ~
Ike Turner

I'm not dumb! :D

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

Irina wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 17:42 I cry for you humanity! So many ppl are overweight and even more obese!!

If you say anything about it, they will be hurt and scream about their rights. Let them be fat and take of yourself ;)

:purdy:
Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

Irina wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 17:42 I cry for you humanity! So many ppl are overweight and even more obese!!

consume more calories than you take on board.

evs

Unread post by evs »

less you mean?

either way i was wondering if there is something that we could consider changing, culturally, to prevent more and more ppl falling victim to too many calories.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

Berry Sweet wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 00:08

If you say anything about it, they will be hurt and scream about their rights. Let them be fat and take of yourself ;)
ber, this is not subjective, it's a very simple calculation based on weight and height that puts anyone somewhere on the scale of anorexic/skinny/normal/overweight/obese.

~ plaid ~
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Irina wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 18:46 I have a new theory - ppl get fat when they are bored:( did ppl become too complacent and just - unamused? If so, what can change that?
You've been watching Wall-E too often. Get off your butt. Do something.

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

One way is to stop eating so much meat. Modern meats/poultry are filled with chemicals and feed which I believe are helping to make people fat. They’re fattening up the cows, the chickens & pigs so naturally people who eat them in large amounts are also getting fat.

I eat mostly wild seafood now & it doesn’t seem to be nearly as fattening or weight enhancing as meat.

Healthy servings of raw vegetables help too.

evs

Unread post by evs »

Blurt wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 21:33
Irina wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 18:46 I have a new theory - ppl get fat when they are bored:( did ppl become too complacent and just - unamused? If so, what can change that?
You've been watching Wall-E too often. Get off your butt. Do something.
I don’t know what’s wall-e.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

J0E wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 21:38

One way is to stop eating so much meat. Modern meats/poultry are filled with chemicals and feed which I believe are helping to make people fat. They’re fattening up the cows, the chickens & pigs so naturally people who eat them in large amounts are also getting fat.

I eat mostly wild seafood now & it doesn’t seem to be nearly as fattening or weight enhancing as meat.

Healthy servings of raw vegetables help too.
I am not sure I agree with you. I know of a lot of ppl who have decided to eat the paleo way/ keto and they are one of the few among those I know who look normal.

Another example of meat only diet is Jordan Peterson.

~ plaid ~
Ike Turner

Irina wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 23:12 I don’t know what’s wall-e.
It's a Disney Animation.

Ike Turner

Weight is genetic also. I am very lucky in that regard, where I can eat whatever I want, and I don't gain weight. Then again, I don't consume large amounts of food either. High metabolism or whatever. Purely genetic.

But, a bigger part of the issue is our modern society, and our tendency to get lazy if we are permitted to do so.

Many people nowadays don't know 'real' work, and sit in an office or behind a till. There was a time when an average family would not only build their house on their own, but they'd clear the land too, by hand. And they'd also farm it themselves for food.

Life has never been easier as it has become now, and that is part of the problem. A Gym membership does nothing if you don't go. People get fat. My Ex was getting fucking fat at the end, but she couldn't stay out of the god damned fridge. 24/7 in and out of the fucking fridge. It fucking drove me nuts.

Then again, women were always kinda 'chunky' historically, whereas the men that had no choice but to go out and bust their fucking balls just to survive, and keep the family surviving too, were always toned. Always.

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Ike Turner wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 23:27
Irina wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 23:12 I don’t know what’s wall-e.
It's a Disney Animation.

A story in which every single human has become overweight because they are bored and machines and robots tend to their every need.

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

Irina wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 20:28
Berry Sweet wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 00:08

ber, this is not subjective, it's a very simple calculation based on weight and height that puts anyone somewhere on the scale of anorexic/skinny/normal/overweight/obese.
Ok. Im confused. I was responding to the fat people comment...there was no skinny in it...

:purdy: