Register accountRead the forum rules
asal

HK

Unread post by asal »

Get in on it.
asal

Re: HK

Unread post by asal »

I hope the people win, I just don't think they will.

Get in on it.
Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

The 5 Star china government is giving time for the anger of "average' Hongers to wax and eventually demand the Government restore order.

9 incher/160 IQ

Unread post by 9 incher/160 IQ »

I hear shen Li smells of mothballs and tiger balm.
:unsure:

Fuc# 0ff.
Жekko

Unread post by Жekko »

i thought this thread was going to be about heckler and koch

Unless you’ve studied what they have studied and had their experience, why would you expect to get it?
—evs
Жekko

Unread post by Жekko »

asal wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 11:20 I hope the people win, I just don't think they will.
they can’t :(

Unless you’ve studied what they have studied and had their experience, why would you expect to get it?
—evs
asal

Unread post by asal »

Жekko wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 16:48
asal wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 11:20 I hope the people win, I just don't think they will.
they can’t :(
:( yes, true.

I'll have to read up on what Taiwan's situation is (Republic of China).

Get in on it.
Жekko

Unread post by Жekko »

as i watch this unfold

it is more like watching a film about the titanic

than an actual real time human event

if you want taiwan to remain independent

you had better pray that the yanks change their government next year

—evs
Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

What are they protesting about?

:purdy:
Жekko

Unread post by Жekko »

Berry Sweet wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 18:39 What are they protesting about?
jesus, woman

at least watch the national every now and then

:D

—evs
evs

Unread post by evs »

I am rooting for the big bad Chinese govt. This is nothing but Ukraine all over again.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

The prototype for this approach (protest model) was the October 2000 coup in Serbia, which US diplomats and the cheerleader media then invoked in subsequent cases.

West's first color revolution victim
In the “best case” scenario, such as Serbia, the immediate body count is low but the country’s democratic institutions are irreparably damaged and corrupted by this sort of fraud and manipulation. Ukraine, Syria, or Libya are what the worst-case scenario looks like: civil war or anarchy, with tens of thousands of deaths.

Neither of which matters to the US diplomats, media or politicians, though. They declare it a “victory for democracy” and move on to the next target, to replay the scenario all over again.

By Nebojsa Malic

Nebojsa Malic is a Serbian-American journalist and political commentator, working at RT since 2015

~ plaid ~
Berry Sweet

Жekko wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 18:44
jesus, woman

I generally READ the news because of my hearing, watching the video doesnt help, which is why I asked.

evs

Unread post by evs »

I was there. In year 2000. I know exactly what the article is talking about.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

Berry Sweet wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 18:56
jesus, woman

I generally READ the news because of my hearing, watching the video doesnt help, which is why I asked.
You are actually not missing out on much bers. I read my news too.

~ plaid ~
Berry Sweet

Irina wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 19:00
Жekko wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 18:44 jesus, woman

I tried to listen but all I can hear is students and police. Evetything else doesnt make sense and the CC isnt working properly for me on this video.

Жekko

Unread post by Жekko »

jesus, woman

that’s fair

sorry :howdy:

—evs
Жekko

Unread post by Жekko »

Irina wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 18:59 I was there. In year 2000. I know exactly what the article is talking about.
no doubt

point taken

but not everything is serbia redux

taiwan and hong kong are, however, the “chickens coming home to roost”

one does have to concede that

china reversing the previous imperialism

but to what end?

separate proposition:

the EU was to blame for what happened in SFRJ

specifically the germans

thoughts?

—evs
Berry Sweet

Жekko wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 19:03
Жekko wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 18:44 jesus, woman

that’s fair

No worries. People tend to forget about my hearing and my recent eye surgery which makes me text really badly sometimes. Im due for the second surgery soon, so you will have to bear with me until my eyes heal and can fully function clearly. Today is a good day...but coming soon will be a disaster...next month.

Жekko

Unread post by Жekko »

Berry Sweet wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 19:03
Irina wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 19:00

I tried to listen but all I can hear is students and police. Evetything else doesnt make sense and the CC isnt working properly for me on this video.
summary:

since brits left hong kong, they have been able to run their own affairs in most things without interference from PRC

now PRC wants to reassert control about 20 years before they agreed they would

specifically in the area of criminal prosecution

PRC wants the right to extradite criminals to their jurisdiction

but HK fears that this might also be applied by PRC to perceived “political criminals” (i.e. activists)

this was sparked by an alleged murderer escaping from taiwan to HK

no extradition treaty exists between HK and Taiwan

but of course

it is never just about any one case when it comes to HK and PRC

every issue is frought with the larger issue of HK’s time-dated independence

which is set to expire in 2047 anyway

so there you go :biggrin:

—evs
evs

Unread post by evs »

Without the US money financing Otpor, Germany alone wouldn’t stand a chance.

I really like max blumenthal blog. I highly recommend it.
Otpor was supported by the National Endowment for Democracy, USAID, and Sharp’s Albert Einstein Institute. Sinisa Sikman, one of Otpor’s main trainers, once said the group even received direct CIA funding.

According to a leaked email from a Stratfor staffer, after running Milosevic out of power, “the kids who ran OTPOR grew up, got suits and designed CANVAS… or in other words a ‘export-a-revolution’ group that sowed the seeds for a NUMBER of color revolutions. They are still hooked into U.S. funding and basically go around the world trying to topple dictators and autocratic governments (ones that U.S. does not like ;).”

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Berry Sweet wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 19:27
Жekko wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 19:03
Berry Sweet wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 18:56 I generally READ the news because of my hearing, watching the video doesnt help, which is why I asked.
that’s fair

No worries. People tend to forget about my hearing and my recent eye surgery which makes me text really badly sometimes. Im due for the second surgery soon, so you will have to bear with me until my eyes heal and can fully function clearly. Today is a good day...but coming soon will be a disaster...next month.
What did you have done to your eyes, Berry ?

Berry Sweet

mimi wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 20:24
Berry Sweet wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 19:27
Жekko wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 19:03 that’s fair

It was just a cateract surgery. But the lense is different now. The depth of field is different in each eye which makes lokking up close at the key pad very difficult. Im getting the other eye done next month. I dont really need glasses amymoe so thats a bonus...but I think i will get a pair 6 months after the 2nd surgery just to help read better.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Ya...depth perception is totally screwed up when each eye is seeing differently. =(

Berry Sweet

I have a hard time distinguishing where the key really is on the pad...i press the key next to it, unless I close one eye, which gets annoying.

asal

Unread post by asal »

Get in on it.
asal

Unread post by asal »

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2019/08/19/h ... ming-odds/

Hong Kong people can foresee the worst-case scenario: one day the curtain will fall and we will be completely blanketed by the authoritarianism of the CCP. The great firewall will cut the internet and people will no longer have access to the world, or the world to us. Anyone telling an inconvenient story will be taken into detention and lost within the system of no recourse.

It seems more and more likely and Hong Kong people are increasingly aware of it. This Resistance is no longer about fighting the extradition bill, or for the Five Demands. What it is now, is an all-encompassing protest movement against simply not just encroachment but becoming fully a part of China. It is making people desperate, it’s pushing people to violence, as in many other moments in history....

...So for now, Hong Kong is still open. We’re still in the front page news. The world can watch.

This may not be our final stand, but it could be our last. So let the record show, may it be written in history books, and for us to tell our children, that in 2019 Hong Kong people made a stand, fought a gallant battle for our own freedoms in the face of unspeakable sacrifice and overwhelming odds.

Get in on it.
Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

HK will be just one of many highly industrialized cities. Not a league of its own

Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

Berry Sweet wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 20:39
mimi wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 20:24
Berry Sweet wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 19:27 No worries. People tend to forget about my hearing and my recent eye surgery which makes me text really badly sometimes. Im due for the second surgery soon, so you will have to bear with me until my eyes heal and can fully function clearly. Today is a good day...but coming soon will be a disaster...next month.
It was just a cateract surgery. But the lense is different now. The depth of field is different in each eye which makes lokking up close at the key pad very difficult. Im getting the other eye done next month. I dont really need glasses amymoe so thats a bonus...but I think i will get a pair 6 months after the 2nd surgery just to help read better.
You're a tuff chick, Ber, hope you heal fully and quickly.

asal

Unread post by asal »

https://www.scmp.com/sport/hong-kong/ar ... eople-amid

MMA fighter Xu Xiaodong speaks out in support of Hong Kong people amid anti-government protests

Controversial Chinese fighter suspects a smear campaign against the city
Users of an online Hong Kong forum say they would welcome ‘Mad Dog’Chinese MMA fighter Xu Xiaodong at his Beijing gym.

Controversial Chinese MMA fighter Xu Xiaodong has sent a message of solidarity with Hong Kong’s anti-government protesters, but said he hoped the city’s social unity would not suffer lasting damage from tensions arising from recent developments.

In online posts on social media platforms Sina Weibo and YouTube, Xu doubted whether mainland Chinese media reports on the protests had presented a clear picture of what was happening and many citizens seemed to believe the unrest was the work of gangsters and thugs, leading to some strong anti-Hong Kong sentiment on the mainland.

Get in on it.